I was able to replicate this Invalid Printer Specified error in a number of Adagio programs when I am accessing my work computer from home through a report desktop connection, and the Default printer in Windows is specified as my Home printer that gets 'redirected' as a local printer resource. When the Adagio program has 'Default' as the report printer in Workstation Options, the error occurs. If I change to a Specific printer that is not 'redirected' from home via the Remote Desktop Connection, then I can successfully print all the reports.

We are starting some deeper investigation now that we have been able to replicate the error.

For those of you who have experienced the problem, how many are clients working from home or otherwise using a Remote Desktop Connection? Do they have a local 'redirected' printer as the Windows Default? It may be that Crystal Reports is looking for the printer driver and can't find it because it is 'redirected'.

I do not have the error in JobCost or Time&Billing, applications that have not yet been moved over to use AdagioV3PDF and AdagioODBCv3. This might not be coincidence. Maybe this explains why Ledger and BankRec and Payables are seeing this problem and other apps are not.