Hi Dan,

I cannot with 100% confidence answer your question why AP does not have an issue. If it is 93B then I might have expected it to, based on other criteria previously discussed. I concur with Doug that this scenario is either AdagioV3PDF or Crystal SP 25 or both. I was mistaken in bringing ODBCv3 into this conversation, as R&D pointed out to me.

I say 'recent releases' meaning upgrades from about Aug 2020 an on, not SPs or HFs. It looks like Payables has not yet had this treatment. Perhaps this is an important consideration for this error, and a difference that means Doug's suggestion is not a contradiction.

The reason for updating all of our reports to assign AdagioV3PDF is that we assume that it gets installed correctly to the workstation, and will exist for all users. Whatever printer driver that R&D uses when they create/modify reports certainly won't exist for all users.

As I indicated earlier in this thread, I also was able to replicate the Invalid Printer Error for some Adagio programs and not others. For both Print and Preview. Older ones don't have the problem for me. The root cause is likely different for me than for your clients, as you indicated, but they might somehow be related to how Crystal is reacting to it - such as Crystal not finding the expected printer driver on the workstation for whatever esoteric reason.

I've brought this up with R&D but to date do not have a known specific cause nor a solution.

I suppose nobody else has the same exact scenario as me, but for the record, Google told me that because my home local printer is a USB printer, the Microsoft Easy Print driver that gets set up via Remote Desktop Connection does not know how to properly redirect print jobs from my remote location to home (include Word and Outlook). Google also told me I have to install the printer driver that I use at home onto my remote computer at work. I'm not IT-savvy enough to know all the whys here.