Hi Scott,

A question I should have asked yesterday is whether the site experiencing this problem has either BankRec 9.3A or Inventory 9.3A or Payables 9.3B installed. These are the only other two applications that have installed the Crystal Reports runtime version 25 and the AdagioV3PDF printer driver. If they have any of these programs in use, please try printing a report to the specified printer from one of these to see if this works or not. I'm going to presume that this does work, otherwise we would have heard of the problem at that time.

If none of these programs have yet been installed, then installing Ledger 9.3B would have put these in for the first time. My understanding from R&D is that the Crystal Reports runtime is the culprit in not being able to recognize the printer, for completely unknown reasons. (FYI we have seen these errors in previous versions of Crystal runtime, not just SP 25).

Can you confirm that the AdagioV3PDF printer driver was successfully installed on the workstation(s) having the Ledger report printing problems? Can you 'print' to this driver from anything (including say Word)?

The last two instances of people reporting this problem to us (in 2018, for AP) also happened to be for Sharp printers, with the driver having PCL6. I don't know if this is a coincidence or not. Maybe you could try temporarily connecting one of the printers that work via the network, to satisfy that it's the printer/driver and not the network access.