Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#65899 - 04/03/21 09:00 AM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: JWH]
Robert Offline
Stranger

Loc: Ottawa, ON, Canada
I am getting the same error code as described above. I use just one workstation running Windows 7 Pro and have upgraded to Ledger 9.3B (2021.01.15) and SP Ledger 9.3B (2021.02.25). I have not upgraded to SP Ledger (2021.03.31). Before doing the above work-around, I am curious if last week's SP (2021.03.31) will correct this error?

#65901 - 04/03/21 10:31 AM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Robert]
Bruce Gardner Online   content
Adagio Wizard

Loc: Toronto ON, Canada
Hello:

The March 31 service pack addressed the issues listed below, plus some improvements to the Financial Reporter. None of them refer to a printing error message.

Therefore your best solution for now is to go to File | Workstation Options and set a "Specific" printer as Scott described on March 16.

March 31 Service Pack Changes:
  • Detail only Batch import in Ledger 9.3B(21.02.25) an earlier required the account and department field to both be imported or defaulted. This is no longer required.
  • Export transactions did not find any records if the first account/department in the selected range did not have any transactions and the department for the next account/department in the range had a lesser value.
  • After printing the Detail Listing report, the data files containing the Account Net Changes were not properly released, until the user closed the program. This caused errors and potentially corrupted data if another user performed a function that required reading or writing to those data files. The release is correctly performed now.
  • When an Accounts grid was set to show Active Records only and was changed to remove that setting, Inactive accounts were not correctly refreshing to the correct position and displayed at the end. The View Transactions/Budget did not display any accounts. Both of these situations have been fixed.
  • If Company Profile options for Post Invalid Entry to Error Batch and Require Batch Print Before Posting are both disabled, a warning message will appear at sign-on to indicate this is no longer a supported configuration and you need to change either option.

#66220 - 05/27/21 02:15 PM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Bruce Gardner]
Dan_Desautels Offline
Adagio Maestro

Loc: Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Hello,

Just got off the phone with a client where we recently upgraded all their modules. Two users are having the same invalid printer rpt error John describes but in BankRec 9.3A (210427). AP 9.3B (201019) works fine.
The culprit printer is a Sharp network printer. One user is on Windows 7, the other on W10.
So the behaviour is that when the Sharp Printer is the Windows default printer OR the selected printer in Workstation Options in BR, we get the invalid printer error when previewing or printing any report in BR. If we make the windows default a different printer, no error when previewing or printing.

However, when previewing successfully with the other printer we can then click the print button from the preview window and the Printer selection box that comes up from Windows allows us to choose the Sharp printer and print successfully. I can only assume that's because there is no loading the report from Crystal at that point.

Note: We even tried changing the name of the printer to eliminate any spaces or special characters and shortened it to less than 10 characters. Rebooted and no change.

Edited by Dan_Desautels (05/27/21 02:17 PM)

#66223 - 05/27/21 04:59 PM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Dan_Desautels]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Dan,

R&D requested a screen shot of one Report screen where printing to the Sharp printer would fail. Specifically to see the printer name, but if you could also provide any other details about the printer driver, that would be helpful.

In some recent upgrades/releases, we edited every report in the application to save AdagioV3PDF as the default printer on the RPT files, to try and ensure that on the initial load of the Crystal report, the printer driver exists on the client's workstation. Even if in the end that printer is not used for printing. I presume that the Adagiov3PDF driver is installed on this client's workstation successfully.

It's hard when only one program exhibits this issue.

#66243 - 06/01/21 11:41 AM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Softrak Support]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
I was able to replicate this Invalid Printer Specified error in a number of Adagio programs when I am accessing my work computer from home through a report desktop connection, and the Default printer in Windows is specified as my Home printer that gets 'redirected' as a local printer resource. When the Adagio program has 'Default' as the report printer in Workstation Options, the error occurs. If I change to a Specific printer that is not 'redirected' from home via the Remote Desktop Connection, then I can successfully print all the reports.

We are starting some deeper investigation now that we have been able to replicate the error.

For those of you who have experienced the problem, how many are clients working from home or otherwise using a Remote Desktop Connection? Do they have a local 'redirected' printer as the Windows Default? It may be that Crystal Reports is looking for the printer driver and can't find it because it is 'redirected'.

I do not have the error in JobCost or Time&Billing, applications that have not yet been moved over to use AdagioV3PDF and AdagioODBCv3. This might not be coincidence. Maybe this explains why Ledger and BankRec and Payables are seeing this problem and other apps are not.

#66244 - 06/01/21 02:18 PM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Softrak Support]
Dan_Desautels Offline
Adagio Maestro

The client I described in this thread was not working from home.

#66247 - 06/03/21 08:38 AM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Dan_Desautels]
Dan_Desautels Offline
Adagio Maestro

Another client of mine has an invalid printer issue. They are getting the error in GL 9.3B (210331) but NOT AP 9.3B (201019). They are not connecting remotely. Similar to my other post above, it's a Sharp Network printer. This client is using Windows 10 and it started when the IT person changed her default printer to the Sharp.
Workaround was to change the workstation option in GL to print to a PDF printer.

#66248 - 06/03/21 09:05 AM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Dan_Desautels]
Chris McDonell Offline
Adagio

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hi Dan,
Let me start with I no longer consider myself an IT Network person.
Could it be that the way the network printer is setup that the local machine does not have a copy of the printer driver?

A test would be to install the printer driver for the Sharp on the workstation.

Edited by Chris McDonell (06/03/21 09:05 AM)

#66250 - 06/03/21 09:21 AM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Chris McDonell]
Dan_Desautels Offline
Adagio Maestro

Hi Chris,

I will have to connect with the client later. But I would counter with: why do Payables reports print fine when that printer is the default? It seems to indicate that only GL has this issue.

#66251 - 06/03/21 12:03 PM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Dan_Desautels]
Douglas Dickie Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Dan:

To answer your last question:

AP used ADAGIOv2

GL uses ADAGIOv3

v3 is where all the problems lie. Even getting it installed can be a problem.

If your client is on a LAN and the printer is on the network, then the correct printer driver installation is first on the server and then to use the server driver to install to the workstation (I believe but I'm an accountant, Patricia would be able to explain this better).
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
1 registered (Bruce Gardner), 69 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1847 Members
5 Forums
14237 Topics
69717 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20