Given that I've upgraded many sites like yours, that have been on Adagio from the begining, without wiping out the existing install in the process I have my doubts about the value of doing so.

Of course there is always the exceptions to the rules, having said that, over the years there have been a couple of sites where we have had wipe out one module and do a freash full install as this module was having issues.

As for the Lanpak issue I suspect that Softrak has changed the way Adagio looks for program installs. Even though you have installed locally the program sees the install on the server and this results in an expectation that there should be a Lanpak. The $64,000 question ends up being, "what will happen to the live site (that needs the older Lanpak) if I install the newer one locally for my test install?". Sorry, I don't have the answer to that question, likely neither does Softrak.

Hense my suggestion to do this on a virgin workstation that is not (has not been) connected to the server.
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com