Topic Options
#68653 - 09/23/22 08:42 PM Payments 9.3B "XML request to gateway failed"
Rick McLeod Offline
Adagio Buff

Loc: San Jose, CA
Yesterday about noon Adagio Payments stopped processing credit card charges and this problem is continuing. Of course Repay blamed it on Softrak and Terry in tech support said that Repay had added a new level of security and that was causing the problem

Finally Repay came clean and said the following.

"Due to a recent increase in fraudulent account takeover attempts within the banking and payments industries, The Repay B2B Gateway is enabling device recognition for our merchant gateways as part of a staged rollout.

Device Recognition helps reduce the risk of account takeovers by forcing a second factor of authentication in the form of a code emailed to the user upon logging in with their credentials.

Merchant users are required to have a unique username and email address for Device Recognition to work successfully- account "sharing" is not allowed.

We have been informed that we have a Repay contact working directly with Terry from Adagio to find a resolve together.

Thanks,

Leticia Garcia
Customer Service Representative
REPAY"

Of course these kinds of problems are supposed to be solved before the change, not after.

Rick McLeod
Sunbeam Specialties, Inc.

Edited by Rick McLeod (09/23/22 08:44 PM)

#68655 - 09/23/22 08:51 PM Re: Payments 9.3B "XML request to gateway failed" [Re: Rick McLeod]
Dan_Desautels Offline
Adagio Maestro

Loc: Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
I agree Rick. This should never have happened without Repay providing a solution for their API well in advance. And it's extremely frustrating that it has taken almost two days for them to admit the error.

A work around for now could be to log in to your portal through the browser and process customer transactions in the Virtual Terminal. I know it's not ideal in that you will have to double enter transactions to record in Adagio, but who knows how long this will take to fix.

Edited by Dan_Desautels (09/23/22 08:52 PM)

#68669 - 09/26/22 11:41 AM Re: Payments 9.3B "XML request to gateway failed" [Re: Dan_Desautels]
Rick McLeod Offline
Adagio Buff

Loc: San Jose, CA
Brittany at Repay has replied with this info below.

"I can confirm that device recognition is not the culprit for this error. Device Recognition was rolled out several weeks prior to the error with the Adagio Payment Processing Product. I can also confirm that device recognition has been rolled out for all Repay customers and integrations, with no impact to functionality. This is because API processing is exempt from device recognition protocols.

Our Sales Engineer Team is actively engaged with Softrack to assist with the XML error. As of this morning, the Softrack team is applying and testing a code change which we believe will address the issue.

I’ll be sure to send over any additional updates as they become available."

Rick McLeod
Sunbeam Specialties, Inc.

#68691 - 09/28/22 07:04 AM Re: Payments 9.3B "XML request to gateway failed" [Re: Rick McLeod]
Softrak Support Online   happy

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hello Rick,

Just a quick update.

Working with the REPAY Team, we have been able to figure out where the trouble lies.

The Softrak Team are working on Service Packs for Receivables 9.3B, Invoices 9.3B, OrderEntry 9.3A and BankRec 9.3A.

The REPAY Team are trying to determine what has changed on their end and whether they will be able to undo the change that causes this error.

#68692 - 09/28/22 07:29 AM Re: Payments 9.3B "XML request to gateway failed" [Re: Softrak Support]
Dan_Desautels Offline
Adagio Maestro

Loc: Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Hi Rick,

At least three different clients and I have found that vaulting and processing is now working. And we haven't had to change anything in Adagio. So Repay must have changed something since yesterday.

I would suggest you try processing a transaction now.

#68696 - 09/28/22 09:29 AM Re: Payments 9.3B "XML request to gateway failed" [Re: Dan_Desautels]
Softrak Support Online   happy

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hello again, Rick,

I can confirm Dan's results.

REPAY was able to make some changes last night and Credit Card Processing should be working now.

Please let us know if you have any problems with it.

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
3 registered (Samuel Kopstick, Arun, Softrak Support), 26 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1846 Members
5 Forums
14234 Topics
69701 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20