Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#62074 - 10/17/19 04:04 PM Invoice Printing over VPN
Ronco405 Offline
Adagio Fan

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Recently, when I log into the Adagio Invoice program on my work network via VPN either to a local machine or by running the program on my machine, the pdf printouts of the invoice are very garbled. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, can you offer any advice?

#62075 - 10/17/19 10:17 PM Re: Invoice Printing over VPN [Re: Ronco405]
Bruce Gardner Online   content
Adagio Wizard

Loc: Toronto ON, Canada
Questions:
-Could you elaborate on that configuration?
-Using the same configuration, were you able to print invoices to PDF successfully in the past? If so, can you think of anything that has changed recently?
-How are you creating the PDF files? Are you using the AdagioV2PDF driver?
-How do the invoices look if you Preview them?

#62077 - 10/18/19 09:19 AM Re: Invoice Printing over VPN [Re: Bruce Gardner]
Douglas Dickie Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Vancouver, BC
A purely VPN connection between a remote workstation and server is not an appropriate network connection for Adagio (or any other accounting software solution). If this is your setup then that is why you are having problems. You need to be using a Terminal Server.

Otherwise, the answer to Bruce's first question is the most important starting point to resolving this issue.
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

#62078 - 10/18/19 09:22 AM Re: Invoice Printing over VPN [Re: Bruce Gardner]
Ronco405 Offline
Adagio Fan

1. I'm not quite sure what you mean by configuration but I use VPN to connect to the network at my workplace. I then have two options a)Log into a virtual machine which has the Adagio Invoice workstation set up or b)Start Adagio Invoices on my laptop. This is much slower but works in a pinch. I hope that is what you meant by configuration.

2. Nothing has changed that I recall. There was a recent update to Adobe Pro DC but I was having the issue before the update happened. I know that's not helpful.

3. I use Adobe Pro DC to print the invoices. I use it as my default printer so it is easier for my needs. I did also try with AdagioV2PDF driver but had the same results.

4. I haven't tried the previewer. I will try that when I have my machine offsite again.

#62079 - 10/18/19 09:54 AM Re: Invoice Printing over VPN [Re: Ronco405]
Adagio Wizard

OK, so when you have the problem you are out-of-the-office and you connect to one of 2 in-office computers using a VPN connection. From your description, Adagio is installed on those 2 computers, not on the computer you are using when out-of-the-office (that was Doug's main concern - some people want Adagio installed on their home computer and then use a VPN to access the data on their office server and that configuration will usually lead to damaged data ... at some point).

-Where are you saving the PDF file - on your out-of-the-office computer or on one of the 2 in-office computers?
-Presumably when you are in the office using one of those 2 computers, you don't have the same problem with invoices in PDF format?

#62081 - 10/18/19 11:12 AM Re: Invoice Printing over VPN [Re: Bruce Gardner]
Ronco405 Offline
Adagio Fan

I only use the one in-office computer when I log in remotely. My b) option is the situation that you warned about. I have only used that option a couple of times and will not again based on your (and Doug's) advice.

I save the PDF file onto a network drive on the office network.

Yes, you are correct. I do not experience the same issue when I am in the office.

#62082 - 10/18/19 11:34 AM Re: Invoice Printing over VPN [Re: Ronco405]
Adagio Wizard

OK, so my earlier statement was only half right. The "my laptop" you referred to is the out-of-the-office computer at home and it has Adagio running on it. The reason that is not recommended is because Adagio transfers accounting information back-and-forth between the computer and the server. When you're working remotely with a VPN like that, there is more opportunity for something to cause an interruption to communications and, if that happens during posting, damaged data is the result. In the first instance where you connect to a computer in the office, only the screen images get transferred and an interruption doesn't affect data.

Having said all of that, you're getting the same results under both approaches so the VPN itself seems to be the cause, not the way that you use it.

Have you looked at the actual PDF itself when you return to the office? Could it be that the PDF file itself is correct, it's just the way the viewer displays it across the VPN?

#62083 - 10/18/19 11:47 AM Re: Invoice Printing over VPN [Re: Bruce Gardner]
Patricia B. Offline
Adagio Maestro

Loc: Langley, BC
I think you may be printing to PDF driver on your laptop (remote printer) instead of in the remote virtual machine you are login to and then trying to save it in the network.

You should print using the Virtual Machine PDF driver and save the file on the network.

If you want to save it in your laptop, use the laptop PDF driver and save the file on the laptop local hard drives (C or else).

#62669 - 12/31/19 09:43 AM Re: Invoice Printing over VPN [Re: Patricia B.]
Ronco405 Offline
Adagio Fan

Good morning,

Another update on this issue. I had success by logging into a different machine at my office. However, this morning when I logged in, a Windows update seemed to have happened and now the same issue is happening on this second computer. One of the symptoms I noticed again is that some of the buttons in the Invoices program such as "Print", "Listing" or "New" seemed to already be depressed when I start the program.

Any input is appreciated.

#62673 - 12/31/19 10:26 AM Re: Invoice Printing over VPN [Re: Ronco405]
Douglas Dickie Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Vancouver, BC
I've been supporting Adagio since day one and I've never seen nor heard of "...some of the buttons in the Invoices program such as "Print", "Listing" or "New" seemed to already be depressed when I start the program.". I'm not aware of anything that would give multiple buttons a "depressed" look.

As I have no idea if you ever solved the other problems set out in this issue, so anything is possible. Possibly poor remote access is not allowing the screen to be redrawn correctly.
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
2 registered (Softrak Support, 1 invisible), 62 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1847 Members
5 Forums
14237 Topics
69720 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20