Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#52265 - 01/11/17 03:16 PM Re: UPDATED: Contacts - eMail Cover Sheet BIG Problem [Re: Carol Lord Openhym]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Carol,

I bet that even having the Prospects checkbox on will trigger the bad results, even though no prospects are to be included.

For the install, if you have a Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 machine, you won't be able to install the vitalEsafe add-on - it's discontinued anyway. Try renaming the \softrak\system\vitalesafe folder and then starting SalesCQ.

I don't expect this to happen, but if workstation setup also fails on the AdagioPDF printer driver install, then a (hopefully unnecessary) step to rename the \softrak\system\AdagioPDF folder might also be needed.

#52266 - 01/11/17 03:40 PM Re: UPDATED: Contacts - eMail Cover Sheet BIG Problem [Re: Softrak Support]
Carol Lord Openhym Offline
5 Corgis and Counting

Loc: Baltimore, Maryland USA
The client is running 8.1C 150226.

I believe I got my workstation running. Not sure how. For some reason, my results are pretty bad too -- i tested a scan and sent 20 emails and the cover sheet comes across with the field names such as:

Account # <<Cust #>>

<<Name>>
<<Address 1>>
<<Address 2>>, <<Zip/Postal>>

Dear <<Customer Optional Text 2>>,

Your account currently has a past due balance in the amount of
$<<Balance Outstanding>>.

etc.

So for some reason, on my system, I am not even getting any fields to merge. Not sure why. I would like to get to the bottom of this so that I can advise my client. Needless to say, he's a little gun shy to go "trying it again" and hope he gets the right results.

Thanks in advance,
Carol

#52268 - 01/11/17 03:46 PM Re: UPDATED: Contacts - eMail Cover Sheet BIG Problem [Re: Carol Lord Openhym]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Hi Carol,

Yes, those results are exactly what I have seen as well. As Bob indicated earlier in the thread, there is likely confusion in the program in duplication of merge field names and thus nothing happens. You are not doing anything wrong, nor is your system incorrect.

Also as Bob indicated, it will take renaming those field names in the Email Cover setup to be unique across Customer. Prospect (and Quote if used) in order to get this to work correctly.

If it is at all possible to somehow avoid using field names in the email cover setup, that is really the only way to go until this can be dealt with better.

#52278 - 01/12/17 08:14 AM Re: UPDATED: Contacts - eMail Cover Sheet BIG Problem [Re: Softrak Support]
5 Corgis and Counting

Good morning,

FYI, when I ran my test, I deselected the Prospects checkbox when I ran my scan.

Please clarify --
>> If it is at all possible to somehow avoid using field names in the email cover setup, that is really the only way to go until this can be dealt with better.<<

So you're saying that we should make the cover completely generic as a work around? That's not going to make my client real happy as he wants the client info (balance outstanding, etc.) to be in the body of the email. I guess he can't have that for now?

Furthermore -- the results that I had gotten (above) is not what my client had gotten. As stated in the first message in this thread, he had over 140 emails go out and it picked data from one of his customers and populated the email cover with this data for ALL of them. You can read the first message to get the details.

Finally - once again, do we have a general time frame for release of the next version??

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Carol

#52282 - 01/12/17 09:46 AM Re: UPDATED: Contacts - eMail Cover Sheet BIG Problem [Re: Carol Lord Openhym]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hi Carol,

I'll just remind you that ALL of the functionality that you and your client are looking for is available in Receivables, with the added benefit of automatically attaching unpaid invoices to the emails.

#52286 - 01/12/17 12:06 PM Re: UPDATED: Contacts - eMail Cover Sheet BIG Problem [Re: Retired_Guy]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Hi Carol,

To clarify my comments:

If the end result of emailing from the scan list shows <<Name>> or <<Contact>> in the email, due to having these in the Email Cover Sheet, then this is not desirable to use. With what's currently shipping, I cannot devise a better workaround other than removing those fields.

If the end result of emailing from the scan list for your client's version is giving desirable results, when removing Prospects from selection, then by all means continue to proceed as is.

I cannot give an explanation for why your client is getting one set of results, as compared to what you and I have seen using SalesCQ 8.1C (20150226), if your client is using the same version as what you testing with. Because I cannot replicate the exact incorrect behaviour of having customer information from the wrong customer appear in the email body due to the cover sheet, I cannot definitively say what is happening. I do know that what your client saw was found once, 7 years ago in an internal test, not reported by any other client or consultant.

Shipping the upgrade for SalesCQ is at the top of our R&D priority right now. A 'general' time frame may be a couple of months or less - it is not an imminent release measured in days. I cannot get more specific than that, as it all depends on what else pops up, either in R&D for SalesCQ or other problems that may arise is other Adagio programs.

#52293 - 01/12/17 04:28 PM Re: UPDATED: Contacts - eMail Cover Sheet BIG Problem [Re: Softrak Support]
5 Corgis and Counting

Hello Andrew and all,
I understand all of that and it's a great feature in AR, no question. Absolutely agreed.

HOWEVER, that's not exactly the point. My client uses scans and then sends emails based upon these scans, updating the notes with "email sent" or "letter written" -- he not only sees great value in this functionality, but depends upon it. An AR statement run will not update notes in Sales CQ or fulfill the requirements he has for collections -- which Sales CQ does (almost).

So, basically I'll have to tell him that the feature will not work for now. (I don't think I'll tell him that this bug has been a known issue for 7 years, that will not win either of us any popularity points here.)

Sigh.

In any case, thank you for the additional information. I do appreciate the replies. I also understand that you cannot give me an exact release date, I've been at this long enough to know that. But, it looks like you are targeting for Q1 2017 and that is helpful information.

Regards,
Carol

#52294 - 01/12/17 05:09 PM Re: UPDATED: Contacts - eMail Cover Sheet BIG Problem [Re: Carol Lord Openhym]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Hi Carol,

Adagio Receivables will update the Notes with a "Statement sent" note automatically. The option is in the Company Profile for Receivables. This is the same Notes that SalesCQ is referencing for a Customer, so would be available to people accessing the Customer through SalesCQ.

#52301 - 01/13/17 09:56 AM Re: UPDATED: Contacts - eMail Cover Sheet BIG Problem [Re: Retired_Guy]
5 Corgis and Counting

Ok. That's good info and I'll relay that information.

However -- there's always a however, isn't there -- he wants to send different emails based on the scan criteria in SalesCQ.I don't know how many other customers use that feature as heavily as he does.

#52303 - 01/13/17 10:19 AM Re: UPDATED: Contacts - eMail Cover Sheet BIG Problem [Re: Carol Lord Openhym]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

You can choose the cover sheet and statement/letter format for each run (scan list).

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
1 registered (billythekidfan), 31 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1846 Members
5 Forums
14224 Topics
69656 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16