Loc: Baltimore, Maryland USA
Happy New Year!

This just in from a client:
"Using email merge in CQ has been an absolute nightmare! I'm doing everything
by the book and all my customers (150+) keep getting the customer info from
only one select customer, i.e. ABC Company, DEF Company and etc. keeps
getting the past due info for XYZ. Now a good amount of our first time
customers think we're running a failed fishing scam"

I did an upgrade the week before Christmas and all products are up to date. I just got some more information from the client and it actually the Adagio eMail Cover Sheet in Contacts that is scrambling the information. If he emails a customer individually, it all works just fine. But when he does a scan and generates an email from that scan, it's picking up info from ONE customer and inserting that data into the body of all of the customer emails.

Has anyone had issues with this and if so, how did you resolve?

Many thanks,
Carol

#52234 - 01/09/17 04:21 PM Re: UPDATED: Contacts - eMail Cover Sheet BIG Problem [Re: Carol Lord Openhym]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Carol,

Thank you for reporting this to us, and for the additional information that focuses the issue to the Email Cover Sheets. This would be very frustrating.

We will look into what is happening for the next SalesCQ upgrade, to see if we can make this somewhat less nightmarish.

#52239 - 01/10/17 08:16 AM Re: UPDATED: Contacts - eMail Cover Sheet BIG Problem [Re: Softrak Support]
Carol Lord Openhym Offline
5 Corgis and Counting

So are you saying this is a confirmed problem in the system --- and that there will not be a hot fix to resolve, until the next release??? When might that be?

I shudder to think of how my client is going to react to this. Please tell me I'm mistaken! Otherwise, watch for a mushroom cloud coming from Maryland.

Edited by Carol Lord Openhym (01/10/17 03:07 PM)

#52250 - 01/11/17 08:23 AM Re: UPDATED: Contacts - eMail Cover Sheet BIG Problem [Re: Carol Lord Openhym]
5 Corgis and Counting

Can someone kindly reply to yesterday's question? I need to know the following:

1. Confirm that this is bug in Contacts Email Cover Sheets and that there is not a resolution or work around currently
2. Give me a general ETA for a fix - will there be a hot fix / update / or will we have to wait for the next upgrade

I need to get back to my client ASAP.

Thanks in advance,
Carol

#52252 - 01/11/17 10:13 AM Re: UPDATED: Contacts - eMail Cover Sheet BIG Problem [Re: Carol Lord Openhym]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Hi Carol,

The report we had was from 7 years ago and had to do with emailing both Customers and Prospects simultaneously. At the time, we were told that the workaround was to email customers and prospects in 2 separate processes, not together. If your client is scanning both customers and prospects, this workaround is what I would suggest.

From the initial description, it appeared that only customers were being emailed, so I didn't want to cloud the situation and say that what was happening could not happen.

As we are currently working on the next upgrade, I do not anticipate a hot fix coming. Especially since the required changes in that report 7 years ago were indicated as difficult and significant.

#52254 - 01/11/17 12:09 PM Re: UPDATED: Contacts - eMail Cover Sheet BIG Problem [Re: Softrak Support]
5 Corgis and Counting

Thanks for the reply.

No, he is using Sales CQ for collections -- only customers are being scanned. His scan is to pick customers that are over 30 days, over 60, etc. The emails differ based upon how far overdue they are. I don't believe that they even use prospects, but I will confirm.

Do you have a ETA for release? I understand that this could change, I know how that works. As you can imagine, he is pretty unhappy because this screw up made them look pretty bad to newer customers who though they were trying to scam them. I need to give my client something.

#52255 - 01/11/17 12:56 PM Re: UPDATED: Contacts - eMail Cover Sheet BIG Problem [Re: Carol Lord Openhym]
5 Corgis and Counting

I have confirmed that my client has NO prospects, as he has used Sales CQ exclusively as a collection tool for existing customers.

Can you confirm that you have actually tested this recently and can recreate the issue? Do you need me to upload my client data for your testing?

Our point here is that IF there is a work around, we want it now, rather than waiting for a future release which we have no idea of that release date in question.

Thanks in advance,
Carol

#52258 - 01/11/17 01:23 PM Re: UPDATED: Contacts - eMail Cover Sheet BIG Problem [Re: Carol Lord Openhym]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

What version of Adagio Contacts/SalesCQ is your client using?

I do not replicate the problem your client is experiencing, when using SalesCQ 8.1C to email a Mail Merge. However admittedly, I have a completely different problem where database fields are not translated at all on email cover sheets, though everything works as expected in the mail merge document attachment. This is why I waited for confirmation to the question of using prospects, in case they are using a much older version of Contacts that doesn't do this.

This is all I can provide without more direction from R&D.

#52260 - 01/11/17 01:44 PM Re: UPDATED: Contacts - eMail Cover Sheet BIG Problem [Re: Softrak Support]
Bob Wisener Offline
Adagio Conductor

Loc: Vancouver, BC
With regards to Email Covers, the duplication of field names could be causing problems. For example, a field like <<address 1>> could be coming from the customer or prospect. The quote fields are already uniquely named. This will be changed for the next release.

#52264 - 01/11/17 03:03 PM Re: UPDATED: Contacts - eMail Cover Sheet BIG Problem [Re: Bob Wisener]
5 Corgis and Counting

They are running 8.1C 150226.

To repeat -- this client has NO prospects. They use SalesCQ exclusively for collections. That said, the Prospects has been checked when they do a scan. I'm trying to test this without checking the prospect checkbox.

However.

In trying to troubleshoot this w/ a copy of my client's data, I'm having an issue installing SalesCQ on my laptop. (Can this get any more annoying!?)

I'm getting an error during the install:

VESapiCOM.exe - Entry Point Not Found.
The procefue entry point PrivateCoInternetCanonicalizeUri could not be located in the dynamic link library
c:\windows\system32\urlmon.dll

I figured I'd try to run it anyway and unsurprisingly it did not work. I get that "this workstation needs to be updated" error. Running the WS update does not resolve.

I'm trying to install the current version on a Windows 8.1 laptop.Other Adagio modules have installed w/o issue.

PLEASE HELP!

Edited by Carol Lord Openhym (01/11/17 03:04 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 123 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1847 Members
5 Forums
14237 Topics
69717 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20