Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#42191 - 07/02/14 12:24 PM Item Valuation Report Total incorrect
Treasure S. Offline
Adagio Guru

Loc: Winnipeg, MB
Hi all
I recently updated my Inventory module to 8.1E (140428) and I noticed at this month end my Item valuation report total is not balanced. It's excluding residual costs for items with zero quantity. Where'd it go? Can you look into this please.
Thanks
Treasure

#42194 - 07/02/14 12:54 PM Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect [Re: Treasure S.]
Bruce Gardner Offline
Adagio Wizard

Loc: Toronto ON, Canada
Do you have a check-mark on the "Restrict to non-zero qtys and costs"?

#42195 - 07/02/14 02:45 PM Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect [Re: Bruce Gardner]
Treasure S. Offline
Adagio Guru

I have allow inventory levels to fall below zero checked. I do not see a question regarding restricting costs.

#42196 - 07/02/14 02:55 PM Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect [Re: Treasure S.]
Bruce Gardner Offline
Adagio Wizard

Loc: Toronto ON, Canada
When you run the Valuation report, there are several options and that is one of them. Check the Valuation report selection screen.

#42199 - 07/02/14 03:51 PM Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect [Re: Bruce Gardner]
Douglas Dickie Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Treasure:

Nothing has changed and the latest version of IC works as expected.

When you say the report doesn't balance, doesn't balance to what?

How do you determine that their should be a residual cost report?
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

#42233 - 07/04/14 02:38 PM Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect [Re: Douglas Dickie]
Treasure S. Offline
Adagio Guru

Hi Again
Nothing has changed when I run my item valuation report.
i do not have anything restricted or suppressed.
My item valuation report total when printed by category would add up all the category totals and would include the residual costs total. It does not include the residual costs now. Hence my original questions. Thanks for your assistance guys.

report criteria reads:
sort category code, location (all)
selection: items any account set
all category codes
all locations
options: include all quantities & costs
valuation at Actual cost
then recent cost
then selling price
etc
Show inactive items.

Edited by Treasure S. (07/04/14 02:43 PM)

#42234 - 07/04/14 02:47 PM Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect [Re: Treasure S.]
Treasure S. Offline
Adagio Guru

hi Doug
Residual cost for items with zero quantity is the last item that appears on the item valuation report before the report total. Residual cost is the amount left under the item that was not allocated to cost of goods sold. it can be a relevant value that needs reallocation. Anyway, it's part of your inventory total amount and should be.

If this report was a spreadsheet it would look like the last cell was missed when summed.

believe me guys something has changed

Edited by Treasure S. (07/04/14 03:00 PM)

#42235 - 07/04/14 03:05 PM Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect [Re: Treasure S.]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hi Treasure,

We still don't have a clear idea of what we should be looking into. Is there a number on the report that you printed that you think should be included in the report totals and isn't being included? Or does the total printed at the bottom of the report not agree to a figure in the gl? Or are you balancing to some other number calculated elsewhere? Or is something else going on?

If you haven't done any transactions to Inventory yet this month, then you could upload a copy of your database to http://www.softrak.com/dbr so we are looking at the same data and then you could point us specifically at the report that you say is incorrect.

Upload to my attention.

But before you do, please make sure that you have run the Inventory Valuation report for Consolidated locations (not All locations). As it says at the end of the valuation report, this is the only format of the report that shows Residual Costs accurately.

Edited by Andrew Bates (07/04/14 03:25 PM)
Edit Reason: Added note about Consolidated Locations

#42239 - 07/04/14 04:27 PM Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect [Re: Retired_Guy]
Douglas Dickie Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Treasure:

I'm aware of what residual cost is but residual cost does not always exist, so my question still stands "Why do you think there should be a residual cost?" or is it that you have always had a residual cost in the past so assume that there should be one every time you print the report?
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

#42272 - 07/08/14 08:07 AM Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect [Re: Douglas Dickie]
Treasure S. Offline
Adagio Guru

We still don't have a clear idea of what we should be looking into. Is there a number on the report that you printed that you think should be included in the report totals and isn't being included?

(Yes, the residual cost figure is not included in the item valuation report total. The residual cost figure is the last figure that appears on the item valuation report before the report total. If there is a residual cost there would be an attachment also showing what items have residual costs. I transfer my item valuation report figures to spreadsheets to get averages etc. So it was very obvious to me it didn't add up. The GL has the same figure as the item valuation report)

Or are you balancing to some other number calculated elsewhere? Or is something else going on?

(If you add up a item valuation report it includes the totals of all the categories or items and the residual cost total, if there is one. Until now the the report total would read as just stated. It would include the residudal cost total. If you add up the Item valuation report now it does not include the residual cost figure in the report total which it always did before.

My report is run by consolidated locations it just shows as "all" on this report.

I have not adjusted my residual costs this month so they would probably still exist, I'll try running my report again and see if it still doesn't add up. The figures would have changed but I suspect the end result would be the same so I can send you that.

Just sent to you Andrew, thanks, still isn't added up, so you can see.

Edited by Treasure S. (07/08/14 08:29 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 55 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14239 Topics
69736 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18