Item Valuation Report Total incorrect

Posted by: Treasure S.

Item Valuation Report Total incorrect - 07/02/14 12:24 PM

Hi all
I recently updated my Inventory module to 8.1E (140428) and I noticed at this month end my Item valuation report total is not balanced. It's excluding residual costs for items with zero quantity. Where'd it go? Can you look into this please.
Thanks
Treasure
Posted by: Bruce Gardner

Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect - 07/02/14 12:54 PM

Do you have a check-mark on the "Restrict to non-zero qtys and costs"?

Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect - 07/02/14 02:45 PM

I have allow inventory levels to fall below zero checked. I do not see a question regarding restricting costs.
Posted by: Bruce Gardner

Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect - 07/02/14 02:55 PM

When you run the Valuation report, there are several options and that is one of them. Check the Valuation report selection screen.
Posted by: Douglas Dickie

Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect - 07/02/14 03:51 PM

Treasure:

Nothing has changed and the latest version of IC works as expected.

When you say the report doesn't balance, doesn't balance to what?

How do you determine that their should be a residual cost report?

Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect - 07/04/14 02:38 PM

Hi Again
Nothing has changed when I run my item valuation report.
i do not have anything restricted or suppressed.
My item valuation report total when printed by category would add up all the category totals and would include the residual costs total. It does not include the residual costs now. Hence my original questions. Thanks for your assistance guys.

report criteria reads:
sort category code, location (all)
selection: items any account set
all category codes
all locations
options: include all quantities & costs
valuation at Actual cost
then recent cost
then selling price
etc
Show inactive items.

Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect - 07/04/14 02:47 PM

hi Doug
Residual cost for items with zero quantity is the last item that appears on the item valuation report before the report total. Residual cost is the amount left under the item that was not allocated to cost of goods sold. it can be a relevant value that needs reallocation. Anyway, it's part of your inventory total amount and should be.

If this report was a spreadsheet it would look like the last cell was missed when summed.

believe me guys something has changed
Posted by: Retired_Guy

Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect - 07/04/14 03:05 PM

Hi Treasure,

We still don't have a clear idea of what we should be looking into. Is there a number on the report that you printed that you think should be included in the report totals and isn't being included? Or does the total printed at the bottom of the report not agree to a figure in the gl? Or are you balancing to some other number calculated elsewhere? Or is something else going on?

If you haven't done any transactions to Inventory yet this month, then you could upload a copy of your database to http://www.softrak.com/dbr so we are looking at the same data and then you could point us specifically at the report that you say is incorrect.

Upload to my attention.

But before you do, please make sure that you have run the Inventory Valuation report for Consolidated locations (not All locations). As it says at the end of the valuation report, this is the only format of the report that shows Residual Costs accurately.
Posted by: Douglas Dickie

Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect - 07/04/14 04:27 PM

Treasure:

I'm aware of what residual cost is but residual cost does not always exist, so my question still stands "Why do you think there should be a residual cost?" or is it that you have always had a residual cost in the past so assume that there should be one every time you print the report?

Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect - 07/08/14 08:07 AM

We still don't have a clear idea of what we should be looking into. Is there a number on the report that you printed that you think should be included in the report totals and isn't being included?

(Yes, the residual cost figure is not included in the item valuation report total. The residual cost figure is the last figure that appears on the item valuation report before the report total. If there is a residual cost there would be an attachment also showing what items have residual costs. I transfer my item valuation report figures to spreadsheets to get averages etc. So it was very obvious to me it didn't add up. The GL has the same figure as the item valuation report)

Or are you balancing to some other number calculated elsewhere? Or is something else going on?

(If you add up a item valuation report it includes the totals of all the categories or items and the residual cost total, if there is one. Until now the the report total would read as just stated. It would include the residudal cost total. If you add up the Item valuation report now it does not include the residual cost figure in the report total which it always did before.

My report is run by consolidated locations it just shows as "all" on this report.

I have not adjusted my residual costs this month so they would probably still exist, I'll try running my report again and see if it still doesn't add up. The figures would have changed but I suspect the end result would be the same so I can send you that.

Just sent to you Andrew, thanks, still isn't added up, so you can see.

Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect - 07/08/14 08:25 AM

Hi Treasure,

Unless the report fits on a single page, and its a grand total on a report that doesn't sum to all the numbers printed on the report, then sending us the report will not be very meaningful without the data itself used to generate the report.

Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect - 07/08/14 08:34 AM

Well if you need more info let me know, I know you have my email if that's easier.

Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect - 07/08/14 10:47 AM

Hello Treasure,

The residual cost shown on the summary report is already included in the Category total (which is why the amount in the GL ties to the report total). It is broken out for clarity.

I have asked that the Residual Cost line be moved below the report Grand Total so it does not appear that it should be included in the total.

Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect - 07/08/14 12:02 PM

Ok, well that would make sense, so you are saying this was changed in a recent update? My actual totals only balanced with this residual cost line figure in the past.

It's ok, you don't have to take it out as long as I know not to include this figure and it's included in my inventory totals is all I care about.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this.
Posted by: Softrak Support

Re: Item Valuation Report Total incorrect - 02/12/15 02:29 PM

Hello Treasure,

This was added to the report on the IC 81E (140722) Service Pack.