Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#30447 - 01/11/12 04:37 PM Re: Lanpaks [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hi Steve,

"Kicked out" from OrderEntry, or "kicked out" from editing the item?

#30448 - 01/11/12 05:13 PM Re: Lanpaks [Re: Retired_Guy]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
They got the No Lanpak error message when they tried to edit an item, after having been editing other items for a while (doing price updates). They left it on the screen for me to look at. By the time I saw it and clicked OK on both it and the Access Violation error (with Leigh watching), and then exited and relaunched OE (so I could log on as SYS), all functions in OE were available again.

Steve

#30450 - 01/12/12 09:45 AM Re: Lanpaks [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Hi Steve,

OK. The user was denied acccess to the function because there were no Lanpaks available which is the correct behaviour. They were not "kicked out of OrderEntry", just denied the ability to edit that item. The Access violation error they (you) saw might have occurred whenever access to the function was denied and was fixed in November 2011 and is fixed in OrderEntry V8.1E.

#30453 - 01/12/12 12:00 PM Re: Lanpaks [Re: Retired_Guy]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Hi Andrew

You should talk to your tech support people before you write (or maybe stay out of this thread and leave it to the techs). Stating that Adagio is behaving correctly implies that there is nothing to fix, and this is certainly not the case.

Those of us who are on the front line dealing with large and furious clients and who are spending inordinate gobs of troubleshooting time during the busiest part of our year are not in the mood to be pleasant about this, so excuse my bluntness.

I installed ADS32 2773 at the client site last night, and already they have called to tell me that today they had to have everyone exit Adagio in order for anyone to get back in. Unfortunately, once again, they did not call me while they were doing this, and I basically yelled at them for not doing so. So I can't PROVE what they are saying actually happened.

Also, because they have 4 datasets and Adagio doesn't accurately list licenses consumed by non-native editing, it is impossible for them to get an accurate count of who is consuming a license, without resorting to ACCPAC Plus (which can do this).

Steve

#30455 - 01/12/12 01:35 PM Re: Lanpaks [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Hi Steve,

I was trying to separate out the failure to get a lanpak from the Access Violation you reported as part of the session, and I have been in constant communication with Tech Support and R&D over this issue. Intermittent failures are always difficult to troubleshoot. Sorry. We appreciate the time that people are spending on this and understand the inconvenience it causes.

#30501 - 01/16/12 10:37 AM Re: Lanpaks [Re: SusanTennier]
Bruce Offline
Adagio Guru

Loc: langley
we have experienced the same "maximum users" error message with only a few users in . We have 30 normally available. When it happens there is a small window that the user can reboot & go back in. If anyone else tries to access then all are hooped. we then just rename the EZSEMTAB.dat file & we are good to go again. with 4 locations it is a pain in the butt to get everyone out. I have just been waiting & expecting the cure to be in the next upgrades or service packs. We have encountered this about 4 times in the past 6 weeks so not brutal & we know how to fix it... just a pain.

#30503 - 01/16/12 11:11 AM Re: Lanpaks [Re: Bruce]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Hi Bruce,

Yes, the issue is being worked on continuously. It's difficult as we cannot duplicate it here - we know it is timing related as Adagio tries to give a user who has consumed a chargeable Lanpak access to the free one that comes with each module if it becomes available. This maximizes the number of users a site gets for their Adagio investment, but we appear to have a problem grabbing, dropping and swapping them properly.

The problem is always self correcting if everyone exits Adagio. You will only be able to delete EZSEMTAB if this has occurred, but the file does not HAVE to be deleted to fix the problem. It's just a convenient way to confirm that everyone successfully got out of the application.

We do understand that this is inconvenient, but no data is damaged or process improperly interrupted as a result of the problem. The applications are all well behaved when it occurs.

Once we feel that we have the problem taken care of, we will be rolling the fix through all our forthcoming Upgrades and Service Packs. We have been testing improvements in the code at sites where this has been happening with greater regularity.

#30553 - 01/18/12 12:50 PM Re: Lanpaks [Re: Retired_Guy]
Bruce Offline
Adagio Guru

Loc: langley
just FYI we had a lanpac unavailable message just now, we exited about 1/2 the users & then tried .... OK no problem I was able to log in. I looked at the licience screen & It now reads 1 lanpac used, in actual fact I had 4 users in when viewed under active users.
I suggest your count system is messed up big time.

#30554 - 01/18/12 01:00 PM Re: Lanpaks [Re: Bruce]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Hi Bruce,

The count on the Help About screen is displaying a count of the purchased lanpaks that have been used. If your 4 active users were in different modules, then they would not have consumed any of your purchased lanpaks. Remember, you get one free user for each module you own. We do know that the problem seems to occur when Adagio tries to swap a purchased lanpak for the free Lanpak with the module.

Thanks for your patience as we try and solve this issue.

#30597 - 01/23/12 02:42 PM Re: Lanpaks [Re: Retired_Guy]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

We believe that we have resolved this issue.

A System Updater has been posted on our web site, with documentation. The files installed by this System Updater will be in all subsequent modules from this point forward, so, unless you are experiencing the problems detailed in this thread, there is no specific need to download and install.

We thank everyone for the patience they have shown and the assistance they have provided in resolving a particularly elusive problem.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18