Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#26314 - 02/23/11 11:29 AM Crystal Reports Network Install
Yann Offline
Adagio Scholar

Loc: BC, Canada
Hi,

I'm doing a fresh install of all my Adagio Modules onto a new server. My Adagio consultant has instructed that I start with Crystal Reports for Adagio before I do the other modules (LanPak, AR, AP, GL and GridView).

I am trying to run the install from a clean Windows 7 machine with the G: has the mapped drive to the Adagio folder I created on my server.

Unfortunately, the G: drive does not show up in the Crystal installer as an available location to install it onto. Only my C: Drive and my D; Drive are present.

I have rebooted my computer, I have disconnected and reconnected the drive but no luck.

If you have an insight on the matter, please enlighten me.

I am running the install on a Windows 7 pro 32bit. The Server is a Windows 2008 R2 64bit. The Crystal Reports for adagio CD I have is the 2002.09.23 CD.

Please let me know if you need more info.
Thanks
Yann

#26315 - 02/23/11 11:46 AM Re: Crystal Reports Network Install [Re: Yann]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Yann,

Firstly, which version of Crystal Reports for Adagio? If it is not the current version 8.5B, it will not run poroperly on a Windows 7 machine. You could use the CD to perform the installation, but you will immediately have to install the 8.5B upgrade.

Secondly, the Crystal Reports designer program must be installed to a local workstation as part of the license agreement with Business Objects. The designer cannot be installed on a network drive.

Thirdly, the Softrak portion of the installation (for PrintTool and other internal requirements) can be installed to a network drive, and should be installed to the same place as the rest of your Adagio programs.

If your question has to do with part 3, then the issue is likely that you have User Account Control enabled on your Windows 7 workstation and this prevents access to the mapped network drives. Before doing the installation of Adagio from a Windows 7 workstation to your server, you must temporarily disable User Account Control to be able to see all of the mapped drives. After installation is complete, you can turn User Account Control back on.

This is a Windows security scenario that Adagio has no control over.

#26316 - 02/23/11 11:54 AM Re: Crystal Reports Network Install [Re: Softrak Support]
Yann Offline
Adagio Scholar

Thanks,

I will try this right away.

As for installing the Crystal Reports Software on the client, I already have it installed on one machine and will be installing it on the server. The installation files will be located on the server as the installer puts them there as part of it's regular install.

I will be upgrading to 8.5B once I have the OLD one on there. The newer one requires you to do the old one first... I tried the new one first and couldn't do a FULL install.

Thanks again.
Yann

#26317 - 02/23/11 12:25 PM Re: Crystal Reports Network Install [Re: Yann]
Yann Offline
Adagio Scholar

Hi,

I was able to successfully install the Crystal Reports for Adagio from my workstation onto the server's mapped drive.
When I moved on to installing the upgrade package the installer crashed at the same location twice. It stops when it is copying the CrystalReportsUserGuide.pdf file. I'm not sure why but I am speculating that it could be because the path name is too long or something.

Have you ever ran into this?
Everything was running great until I hit that file. I forced quit it once and tried again but got stopped at the same location.

Thanks for the help.

Yann

#26327 - 02/24/11 06:55 AM Re: Crystal Reports Network Install [Re: Yann]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi, Yann,

Haven't received any other reports of this occurring. Long file names really shouldn't be an issue as they've been out and in use for quite a few years now. The file installs to the Softrak\Manuals folder. Could rights be an issue?

#26328 - 02/24/11 07:46 AM Re: Crystal Reports Network Install [Re: Softrak Support]
Yann Offline
Adagio Scholar

Thanks

It turns out that the install package might have been the issue.
I re-downloaded it and it got right through it.

Now that I have installed all my new programs I have run into the following issue...

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/qUzRiJdKnQDc_jsO_qKj_Q?feat=directlink

Where are the infos related to user logon stored?
What file needs to be moved from my old server in order to get this to work again?
Also, are there any other files that need to be moved?
Are there any other user or system related files that store settings or preferences that are not stored in the company files?

Couple more things, my Adagio consultant mentioned that "Opportunistic Locking" does NOT need to be turned OFF any more. Where do I go to turn it back ON? Is this a quick REGISTRY hack?

What does the SetServerAdagio.exe do?

Thanks
Yann

#26329 - 02/24/11 09:06 AM Re: Crystal Reports Network Install [Re: Yann]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hello Yan,

Sorry, but we will not publish the answers to these questions on this public forum as they involve Adagio's security model. Your Adagio consultant can answer all of these questions, and should really be involved in the setup of Adagio on a new server.

#26330 - 02/24/11 09:45 AM Re: Crystal Reports Network Install [Re: Retired_Guy]
Yann Offline
Adagio Scholar

Great!

My reseller does not know the answers to all of these questions and Adagio will not tell me.

What should I do next?

#26336 - 02/24/11 11:14 AM Re: Crystal Reports Network Install [Re: Yann]
Douglas Dickie Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Yann:

We can answer all of your questions, however we need to be able to recover the cost of doing so which has been a concern of yours in the past.

If you would like to discuss this further please give me a call.
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

#26345 - 02/24/11 01:12 PM Re: Crystal Reports Network Install [Re: Douglas Dickie]
Yann Offline
Adagio Scholar

I have asked some of these questions to my consultant and the suggested that I ask Softrak has he did not have all the answers.

I'd like to know about "Opportunistic Locking", should it be ON or OFF?
If "Opportunistic Locking" is OFF, how do I turn it back ON.

I'd like to know about "SMB1" vs "SMB2", do I need to use one or the other?

What does the SetServerAdagio.exe do?

I know these are all questions that might not be answered in one or 2 sentences on a Forum like this one but if my consultant does not know, where do I turn?

I appreciate the fact that you are offering to help Doug but like you stated above, we have had some conflicts in the past in the way you billed us and I would rather not go there again.

At the end of the day, our company is more than happy to pay for services rendered. I have used this Forum as a starting point and was always under the impression that I would get "ALL" my questions answered here as long as I was patient and was willing to wait for a good sole or a Softrak employee to find the time to respond.

I have learned a lot by doing this install myself and would love to share the wealth of knowledge I have gathered while doing it. I will no post any details in this Forum as it might and more than likely be deleted as it might reveal TOP SECRET information.

Feel free to drop me a line if I can be of any help.
In hope that all my questions will one day be answered.

Thanks
Yann

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18