Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#9080 - 05/24/07 06:02 PM Emailing Adagio specs to multiple addresses
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Adagio programs with version 8.0A or higher allow you to email specifications such as Statements, Invoices, Order Confirmations, and other related documents. An email address field is used to store the recipient of the email.

If you need to sent the Adagio specification document to more than one email address, this can be done quite easily. Simply enter all the addresses into the desired email address field, separated by semi-colons ( ; ). Then when sending the email, it will go to all listed addresses.

There is a field maximum length of around 160 characters, so this would determine how many different addresses you can have.

#22352 - 05/19/10 07:33 AM Re: Emailing Adagio specs to multiple addresses [Re: Softrak Support]
vitalEsafe Offline
Adagio Enthusiast

Loc: Alabama
I'm working with a client that wishes to begin using the emailing feature, but requires that confirmations go to one contact (or contacts), while invoices go to a different contact (or contacts). Is this possible or planned in a future version? As I see it, this would require separate contacts (and email address fields).

AR 9.0 seems to provide multiple contacts for a customer, but the question I have is can OE 8.1C actually utilize this information or must we wait for OE 9.0?

#22355 - 05/19/10 09:02 AM Re: Emailing Adagio specs to multiple addresses [Re: vitalEsafe]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hi Larry,

When you elect to email an order confirmation, you are given the choice of which e-mail address to send it to, and one of the choices is the e-mail address in the ship-to file. The same is true when you are sending an invoice.

Will this meet your needs?

#22357 - 05/19/10 09:55 AM Re: Emailing Adagio specs to multiple addresses [Re: Retired_Guy]
vitalEsafe Offline
Adagio Enthusiast

Forgive my ignorance, but a follow-up question: I'm going to want to send the confirmations "in bulk" (i.e. send all confirmations). How is the "choice of which e-mail address to send it to" made when sending in bulk?

#22358 - 05/19/10 10:19 AM Re: Emailing Adagio specs to multiple addresses [Re: vitalEsafe]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Aaah...

You get the same dialog, which means that the necessary e-mail addresses must be in a consistent location for your customers, even if that means duplicating some of the email information.

#22359 - 05/19/10 10:22 AM Re: Emailing Adagio specs to multiple addresses [Re: vitalEsafe]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Hi Larry,

If you email a number of documents at once, the screen is the same as for a single document. Your choices depend on the application used. For OE, you can choose the Bill-to or Ship-to email address saved on the document, or the Customer email address (if it has changed since the document was created, especially when re-sending historical documents). This choice will affect all emailed documents, as Andrew indicated.

On the customer, there is a place where you can set an email address specific to a person that receives invoices and different than the general contact. This is true also for Statements and Quotes.

#22360 - 05/19/10 10:52 AM Re: Emailing Adagio specs to multiple addresses [Re: Softrak Support]
vitalEsafe Offline
Adagio Enthusiast

This sounds like we can make it work. Does the new multi-contacts enhancements to AR 9.0 (where each contact may have an email address) have an effect on how this works now or will work in the future? Seems like you could set up a unique (but consistent across customers) contact to hold information on who gets confirmations, who gets statements, who gets invoices, etc. Or maybe I'm not understanding how the new feature will work.

#22361 - 05/19/10 10:57 AM Re: Emailing Adagio specs to multiple addresses [Re: vitalEsafe]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Currently the Contacts stored on AR90A customers are for reference only and are not integrated and selectable in other applications like the Ship-to Addresses are.

#22362 - 05/19/10 11:08 AM Re: Emailing Adagio specs to multiple addresses [Re: Softrak Support]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Despite many hours of pondering, I have never been able to see how it would be possible to automate the selection of an e-mail address from amongst an arbitrary set of contacts in any way that was likely to be maintainable by a user.

#22365 - 05/19/10 02:48 PM Re: Emailing Adagio specs to multiple addresses [Re: Retired_Guy]
vitalEsafe Offline
Adagio Enthusiast

I guess I would think in terms of designating a contact to receive one or more documents that might be mailed, faxed, or emailed. On each contact show a list of documents (Confirmation, Invoice, Statement, etc) that they should receive and let the user check the ones that the contact should receive (they might not receive any of them or they might receive all of them, their contact information may be for reference only).

What I find "odd" right now is if I try to email an invoice, Order Entry asks me which email address I want to send to and gives me the following three choices:

Billing
Ship to
Customer

Which one of these corresponds to the email address on the Invoicing Tab-Email (which I thought was the logical one to utilize for sending invoices)? Not clear.

Choosing Ship to is clear.

But where is the Billing email stored? Is that the Contact email under the Statement tab? There's nothing called Billing email on the customer record.

-Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18