Topic Options
#22269 - 05/12/10 09:42 AM Integrity reports batch control error
bd Offline
Adagio Guru

Loc: Peterborough, ON
I'm using Ledger ver 9.0B and we are in the middle of year end and have started the new year. I ran the data integrity check and it reports a batch control error. So I used the rebuild and all the "next year" batches disappeared. It appears to be running fine otherwise. I've restored from a backup but data integrity check still reports a batch control error. I don't know whether to do a rebuild again or let it go? And if I do a rebuild what is the best way to preserve my batches?

#22273 - 05/12/10 01:45 PM Re: Integrity reports batch control error [Re: bd]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Barb,

It depends on the nature of the problem as to whether Rebuild is the best choice or not. There is a connection between the Batch Control files and the actual Batch files, and when everything is working correctly then only batches with information will be listed as Open batches in the control file. Batches with other statuses (such as posted or deleted) in the control file will not have a respective open batch.

If you preview the batch status report for the Next Year, does anything seem incorrect or unexpected? This report looks at the batch control files.

The end result may be that instead of letting the DIC to a rebuild, a database repair could be necessary. It depends on the errors in the file and what is good and what is not. You may want to get your Adagio consultant involved.

#22282 - 05/13/10 05:38 AM Re: Integrity reports batch control error [Re: Softrak Support]
bd Offline
Adagio Guru

The next year and current year batch status reports seem fine. I didn't notice before but the rebuild also wiped out the archived batches. The archived batch report seems a little different - all the batches are either open or deleted, but at the end of the report it doesn't list open, printed or deleted - just starts with in error 0, unposted 0 etc. - total 83. I checked the batches listed as open in the report against the archived batches I can access and they match fine.

#22297 - 05/13/10 03:50 PM Re: Integrity reports batch control error [Re: bd]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Barb,

On the Next Year batch status report, were there any batches listed as Open or Printed, but not visible with the Next Year batches function after doing DIC and Rebuild? Or since you have restored the data, is there anything out of synch with batches listed as Open or Printed or In Error, versus the batch numbers available in the Next Year batches function?

What is the exact wording of the error being reported by the integrity check on the batch control file?

I suspect that the Next Year batches in question are still in the data after Rebuilding, but were rendered invisible to the batch list screen, or more specifically 'inactive'. The only way to tell for sure is by using GridView and looking at the Batch Header file.

I don't think I can advise whether to proceed as is, or run rebuild. I suspect doing another rebuild will do the same thing as before. Your Adagio consultant can come along side and make a better determination based on seeing the situation 'live'.

Yes, the Archive batch status will be a bit different than the other because you cannot post archive batches, and there is nothing interesting in setting a printed status as this wouldn't affect anything.

#22302 - 05/14/10 09:17 AM Re: Integrity reports batch control error [Re: Softrak Support]
bd Offline
Adagio Guru

Before doing the DIC and rebuild there were 12 batches open and 1 batch printed, none in error, 46 total, in the next year section. There were no batches open or printed in the current batches section which is correct - 688 batches in total but all posted, deleted etc. After restoring the data the open/printed on the batch status report match the visible batches.

After the rebuild there were no batches visible. On the data after the rebuild the batch status report function reports there are no batches to print, archive, current, or next year.

DIC on pre-rebuild data shows 1 error reported as follows
File Integrity Phase

G/L Batch Control File ... 1 error(s) found
G/L Account Master ... Checked OK
G/L Account Net Changes ... Checked OK
G/L Account Budgets ... Checked OK
G/L Account MC Buckets ... Checked OK
G/L Fiscal Periods ... Checked OK
G/L Account Reallocation ... Checked OK
G/L Department Information ... Checked OK
G/L Account Groups ... Checked OK
G/L Retrieval Batches Info ... Checked OK
G/L Ledger Source Code ... Checked OK
G/L Source Journal Information ... Checked OK
G/L Import Defaults ... Checked OK
G/L Import Export Header ... Checked OK
G/L Import Export Details ... Checked OK
G/L Account Information (Old) ... Checked OK
G/L Account Notes Header ... Checked OK
G/L Account Notes Detail ... Checked OK
G/L Tr Batch Header ... Checked OK
G/L Tr Batch Detail ... Checked OK
G/L Revaluation Codes ... Checked OK
Security Groups ... Checked OK
Smart Finder Control ... Checked OK

Application Integrity skipped due to errors in File Integrity

#22304 - 05/14/10 09:48 AM Re: Integrity reports batch control error [Re: bd]
Michael Mulrooney Offline
Adagio Virtuoso

Loc: Vancouver, BC
You need to contact your dealer and arrange for a data base repair. The built in Data Integrity Checker is unable to fix the problem with the Batch Control File.

#22309 - 05/14/10 11:09 AM Re: Integrity reports batch control error [Re: Michael Mulrooney]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Hi Barb

Do you have a clean backup from a not-too-distant date? If so, you could use GridView to extract the subsequent batches from the recent data, and then use the Import function to post them into the backup. You would also have to re-add any new GL accounts. It's a bit of work but it might not be too bad depending on the volume.

In any case, contacting your dealer is good advice at this point.

Steve

#22381 - 05/20/10 05:55 AM Re: Integrity reports batch control error [Re: Steve Schwartz]
bd Offline
Adagio Guru

Thanks for everyone's comments. I did contact my dealer and he resolved the issue with several rebuilds in the latest version of the ledger.

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18