Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#10693 - 01/08/08 12:03 PM Few Questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

I just found out about Adagio after a HORRIBLE Sage Accpac ERP 500 upgrade from Accpac Plus 6.5.

The only data that converted was, Vendor Info, Customer Info, Inventory, and GL opening and closing balances. THATS IT??? No Purchase Order History, No Open Purchase Orders, No Customer History, No AP/AR History? Honestly what is Sage Accpac doing?

Well anywho... it was horrible.

I have already installed the demo and I think its wonderful but I got a few questions.

1) Since Adagio uses Accpac's Filesystem/Database System. How stable is it? I keep hearing DOS Accpac is unstable blah blah blah but so far Accpac Dos has been pretty good to our company.

2) Are there any plans on converting the data to a open source database server? (mysql?)

3) We have a module currently called Quote Master, it seems Adagio does not have anything similar to this.

4) Are the procedures for closing the day/closing the month similar to Accpac Dos. Closing the day everyday, and closing the month at the end of the month. I know with the new Sage Accpac ERP this was not true, but I am thinking Adagio follows just like the Accpac Plus.

5) Report Master? Does Adagio have a similar tool to report master?

6) Purchase Orders? I checked out some of the third party Purchase Order apps... The current method of doing POs is through IC. Our current Purchasing Department can literally RIFFLE through this with keyboard and hitting the enter key. Is there a similar method or another way of doing POs?

7) Lifeline? I am a bit worried with all the noise and people saying Accpac DOS is dying, how does Adagio's roadmap look like?\

Thanks,

#10694 - 01/08/08 12:42 PM Re: Few Questions [Re: ]
Softrak Support Online   happy

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi vegeetz,

Glad to read that your first impressions of Adagio are good - thanks for taking a look! I'll try to answer some of your questions as best as I can and perhaps some others may be able to also provide insight, especially those who don't work at Softrak and have a 'vested interest'.

1) We think Adagio is very stable - you don't require souped-up hardware to make it work. Whether or not DOS Accpac is stable or not in a particular environment doesn't really have much leading to whether Adagio will run smoothly.

2) At the current time, there are no immediate plans to change the database structure.

3) In the next release of Adagio Contacts, a quote system will be added that will retrieve Quote Master data and integrage with Adagio Order Entry. This is currently in development.

4) The entry model of Accpac Plus is very similar to Adagio, in regards to Day End / Month End / Year End. One main difference is with Adagio Ledger and year end, where Adagio allows you to open the next fiscal year before closing the current year - this was not possible with Accpac DOS GL.

5) Adagio has many different reporting tools"
- Crystal Reports for Adagio: A sophisticated reporting tool for simple and complex reports, with presentation quality, graphics and graphs/charts.
- Adagio GridView: A fast inquiry tool to find desired information, including printing and exporting to Excel.
- Adagio Sales Analysis: Integrates with Adagio Order Entry and Adagio Invoices to maintain historical sales data, allowing better collection of history for reporting.

6) There are 2 different purchase order solutions from 3rd party developers, depending on your requirements. Purchase Orders for Adagio is a very sophisticated and flexible solution similar to the product Inventory Receipts in the Accpac DOS world. PO Tracker is a simpler solution similar to the PO function that was part of Accpac DOS IC where requirements aren't as stringent.

7) I'd like to think that Adagio is around for the long haul. It has been shipping for over 8 years, with predecesors for over 13 years. Softrak has been in business for over 20 years. Other people may want to post their comments here as well.

#10698 - 01/08/08 01:21 PM Re: Few Questions [Re: Softrak Support]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

Do you know when Adagio Contacts will be out? Quotes are the lifeline of our business. If there is no quotes we can't move forward.

Also how many employees is Adagio suggested for? I was reading some websites saying its only useful if your company has 1-9 employees. Seems a bit small...

Thanks,

#10700 - 01/08/08 01:23 PM Re: Few Questions [Re: Softrak Support]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hello vegeetz,

Just to add a bit more depth where I can.

1) Adagio is very stable in a stable hardware environment. There are things we do within the application to minimize problems that are not done in the DOS world.

2) We have not planeed a migration to a different database manager, because we have not been able to enumerate any tangible benefits to our clients of such a move. With Crystal Reports for Adagio and other report writing tools, access to the accounting data is usually more important to our customers than how it's stored on the disk.

3) We're hoping this upgrade will ship in the next few months, and indeed the beta is running in few production environments. In the interim, your Quote Master module will run fine with Adagio.

4) Adagio Ledger supports unlimited multiple years of history and a "soft" year end. Other period end processing is similar to the ACCPAC Plus model with wch you are familiar.

5) Adagio also supports a simple, drag-and-drop specification (forms) designer, so our clients do not have to learn Crystal Reports to change an invoice or credit note layout. The specification designer directly supports multi-part forms and is included in each module supporting customizeable documents.

Adagio management reports can be modified using Crystal Reports for Adagio and cusomtized reports can be added to the Reports menu in an application (with a security model).

The Adagio Financial Reporter (included in Adagio Ledger) is a full spreadsheet with many powerful features, including drill-down to the detailed transactions underlying a number on the statement.

6) Your Adagio Partner should be able to help you choose between the two PO solutions.

7) Softrak has been doing accounting software since 1985. Adagio has been shipping since 1999. It's all we do, and we enjoy doig it.

Thanks for considering Adagio. Please feel free to contact me by phone if I can answer further questions.

Edited by Andrew Bates (01/08/08 01:25 PM)

#10702 - 01/08/08 01:33 PM Re: Few Questions [Re: ]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Hello again,

1-9 employees! Please point me to that site. Perhaps 1-9 people in the accounting department.

We have sites running 25 OrderEntry stations concurrently, and over 40 simultaneous users.

Our model client is
  • $1-100 Million in sales (or annual turnover). This figure is really more about transaction volume than actual size. We have had a local insurance company posting a g/l batch for over $1 Billion.
  • A full time accounting department (or person - not including people doing sales order entry). Someone who understands the difference between a debit and a credit.
  • No IT department (although our larger clients usually have an "IT Guy" just to keep all their PC's running).
  • Report Driven. Our clients print monthly financial statements and want to push the accounting data out to people's desks without necessarily giving them access to the accounting progrms themselves (you can do this with GridView).

Does this help?

#10708 - 01/08/08 03:54 PM Re: Few Questions [Re: Retired_Guy]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the responses.... The whole Sage Accpac ERP was a complete nightmare. So I am just doing my research on Adagio. It seems to meet our needs but just lacking the quote part.

I guess I will have to wait to see what happens there.

Thanks

#10709 - 01/08/08 04:44 PM Re: Few Questions [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

One last question, is there a way i can read the tables/info from linux? I want to run some scripts to run reports nightly and so forth.

Thanks,

#10712 - 01/08/08 05:24 PM Re: Few Questions [Re: ]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Hi Vegeetz,

Adagio OLEDB allows you to read data from the Adagio tables under program control. Since Adagio is a full Windows application, you could also use a Windows "macro" program to drive the application. Unfortunately, there is no macro facility built into Adagio as there was in ACCPAC Plus.

I did confirm this afternoon that we expect Adagio SalesCQ (which has manages quotations) shipping sometime this quarter (although more towards the end than the beginning).

Thanks for considering Adagio.

#10714 - 01/08/08 06:26 PM Re: Few Questions [Re: Retired_Guy]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ack... if I have ODBC drivers for Accpac will these still work if my data has been used with Adagio?

Also in INV table, what does picking sequence mean?

Thanks,

#10715 - 01/08/08 06:31 PM Re: Few Questions [Re: ]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Hello,

They will work for the files that are unchanged in Adagio (things like the customer and invetory item master). They will not have access to the extra information we carry in Adagio (things like e-mail address and optional fields).

They won't work for the Adagio Ledger, unless you buy the legacy (8.1) version.

Are you just reading the ACCPAC data, or are you using ODBC Professional to write back into the tables?

Sorry, but I'm not familiar enough with the ODBC naming to know which table you're refering to. The "picking sequence" field in inventory control is an informational field that is used to sort some of the reports (orders have their iems printed in "picking sequence" order to help in the warehouse).

Hope you like the responsiveness of the technical support forum!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Softrak Support 
Who's Online
1 registered (Softrak Support), 73 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1847 Members
5 Forums
14234 Topics
69701 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20