Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#10717 - 01/08/08 07:30 PM Re: Few Questions [Re: Retired_Guy]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Hi vegeetz

I don't work for Softrak so I am allowed to say "unauthorized" things. I am one of their independent consultants.

I am one who has installed the beta version of Adagio SalesCQ (Quote Master for Adagio) in a production environment. It perfectly converted the Quote Master database. My client is very happy - they can email beautiful looking quotes with a few clicks! If you are thinking of switching to Adagio, don't hold back until SalesCQ is officially released; "buy" the module now and install your reseller's beta version.

I have been selling Adagio since it first came out in 1999, and support about 200 installs. It is the ideal fit for ACCPAC Plus users. Too bad you had a horrible experience with Sage - didn't we all! But the Adagio experience is completely different and wonderful.

Steve

#10719 - 01/08/08 07:44 PM Re: Few Questions [Re: Retired_Guy]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well if I used Adagio in the future I would like ODBC to be able to read tables. You guys got it going well on the front end of things. Way better than the dos version of Accpac.

Hell yeah its pretty damn good support!

One of the big questions is making sure our Audit Lists print just like the Audit lists in our Accpac Dos version prints out.

The new Sage Accpac ERP didnt have the accounting features we currently have. I am wondering if Adagio has different accounting features than the Accpac Dos Version?

For example, costing. Our current system you can base cost off a certain price, in the new Sage Accpac ERP you can only do it by percent?

Thanks,

#10720 - 01/08/08 08:48 PM Re: Few Questions [Re: ]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
By "cost off a certain price" - do you mean "price" (as in sell price) off a certain cost (like average or standard cost). Adagio supports that.

Our accounting feature set is a superset of what you have in ACCPAC Plus V6.5A. Our audit lists are similar (but generally take fewer pages to print).

#10723 - 01/09/08 02:59 AM Re: Few Questions [Re: Retired_Guy]
Anonymous
Unregistered

damn you steve!! haha... well we just spent 100k on Sage Accpac ERP and it turns out it doesnt even work for our business/accounting model. so i have to be very careful in selecting the next go to product.

i need to demo a working system to the other managers before i get any "lets do this". so if the salescq is not available to try i got no where to go on this.

thanks,

#10724 - 01/09/08 08:44 AM Re: Few Questions [Re: ]
Ryan Brohman Offline
Adagio Pro

Loc: Waterloo, Ontario
One of our large distribution clients is currently "beta testing" the Quotes module. They have 6 users doing order/quote entry and the system works great for them. Even though the module is still in development, they liked it so much that they recently went live with it.

While I can't speak for Softrak, based on the completeness of the beta version I would bet the final release will be ready very soon. Speak to your Softrak consultant (if you don't have one yet, see here for a listing: US Resellers ) and you can surely get a demo of the current beta version which would be perfect for evaluation purposes.

Kitchener, ON

#10730 - 01/09/08 04:56 PM Re: Few Questions [Re: Ryan Brohman]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Running end of day? Currently in DOS Accpac everyone needs to be out of Accpac to run end of day procedures. Is this the same for Adagio? Also if a user left the office and left Adagio running is there a way the administrator and log him off remotely?

Thanks,

#10732 - 01/09/08 05:30 PM Re: Few Questions [Re: ]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Hello vegeetz,

End of day is the same in Adagio, although the day end processing is much faster since only active orders are scanned (Adagio OrderEntry maintains a complete history in a separate set of files, so the active invoice file is normally much smaller). If you decide to test this on a copy of your data, do the timing on the 2nd dayend process. The firsttime the function is run, Adagio will want to create the historical data files, and this can take a long time (depending on the amount of history you have).

There is currentlyno way to force a user who has forgotten to log out, to elegantly exit the application. "Pulling the plug" on a workstation that is just sitting with the application open will usually be OK though.

#10742 - 01/10/08 10:29 AM Re: Few Questions [Re: Retired_Guy]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Define usually okay? Also in Accpac Plus we have this utility called FixIT plus... although I hear that Accpac Plus in itself does not keep the data clean as it should. Does Adagio have a similar utility or is one even needed?

Thanks,

#10747 - 01/10/08 12:00 PM Re: Few Questions [Re: ]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Hello vegeetz,

The Data Integrity Check functions (File | Data Integrity Check) has a Rebuild button that is enabled if correctable errors are found. A complete log of the errors is maintained. All databases need some ways to repair data, which may be damaged through hardware failure. Running FixIt+ on an Adagio database is a bad idea.

#10749 - 01/10/08 12:20 PM Re: Few Questions [Re: Retired_Guy]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Haha, well I wouldnt run fix it on adagio. I was asking if adagio had a similar product.

Also when emailing invocies, how do you create a subject line? Also is there a way to add an email address to send to on the fly. With out going back and changing the customer profile?

Thanks,

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Softrak Support 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 56 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1847 Members
5 Forums
14239 Topics
69728 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18