I am sure that Softrak Tech Support will continue to try to help you. (I am not a Softrak employee; just an experienced consultant who trys to help in this forum when I can.)

Here, from me, is one more try at explaining how to install Adagio on your peer-to-peer network. I am assuming Windows XP Pro on all systems.

1. Uninstall everything you have done to date, on all systems, using the Add/Remove Programs function in the control Panel.

2. On the server system, use Windows Explorer to create a folder called ACCT (for accounting). Then use Explorer to share this folder with the name "ACCT." (Right click on the folder and select "Sharing and Security." Allow useres to change the files.)

3. On the server, in Windows Explorer, select Tools / Map Network Drive. Map Drive M to ACCT on the server.

4. Make sure you are logged in as the user who will be running Adagio, and install Adagio modules from the CD's in any order except that the LanPak cannot be first.

Make sure the programs are installed to Drive M, and that the "Report tables drive" is also set to Drive M. (This should default correctly after the first module is installed, but it does not hurt to to check.)

Use the Custom Install choice and make sure that everything, including Workstation setup files is checked.

Check the option to put a shortcut on the desktop if you wish.

(Hint: put the big serial number stickers in the front cover of the manual and one of the small ones on the CD cover.)

When you are done installing all the modules, using Windows Explorer, go to M:\SOFTRAK\System and run CHKSYS.exe (The .exe may not be visible depending on your Windows settings.) If it reports that Opportunistic Locking must be turned off, allow it to do so and then allow it to reboot the system.

5. Go to each other workstation. Log into the station as the user who will run Adagio. Use Windows Explorer to map Drive M to ACCT on the server.

On each station go to M:\SOFTRAK\ALLWKST and run the program ALLWKST.exe. Select the programs you want that computer user to have access to, one by one, and install them; or install all programs at once using that selection.

Go to M:\SOFTRAK\system and run chksys.exe. Turn off opportunistic locking and reboot if prompted to do so.

6. Start each module, fill out, print and fax the registration forms for all, including the LanPaks. You will get a fax back in a few days that will contain a licence number that will shut off the "nag screens" forever. Until then, just hit "continue" when prompted. (That will work for up to 60 days, but why wait?)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Possible problems:

Windows peer-to-peer networking can be "fickle;" here are some hints I have gleaned from Windows Experts which you can use if you have networkinig problems.

1. In Windows Explorer, select Tools / Folder Options / View. Scroll down and turn OFF (uncheck) "Simple file sharing."

2. In the Windows control panel, under Users, turn off the option to use the welcome screen. This will use the older style prompt for a user name and password.

3. Assign every user a password and add them as users, with the same name and password, on the server.

4. In Windows Explorer, right click on the ACCT folder. Under "Sharing and security," add each of the users and give them full rights. (Adding "everyone" does not work.)

5. When installing from the CD's or from the workstation install, the users must have administrative rights on their own computer. (These can be restricted later if you wish, but will have to be re-established when installing the periodic updates.)

Hope this helps to get you going. It may also give you a hint of why Softrak conducts on-going training for its consultants and recommends that end-users call them.