Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#19401 - 11/05/09 10:03 AM Inventory - Item Inquiry
Mavis Dai Offline
Adagio Scholar

Loc: Burnaby, BC Canada
Hello,

I have two questions regarding the item inquiry:

1. How can I generate a report showing all the detail purchases and sales transaction history regarding the individual items?

2. In the Item Inquiry window - Costing tab, it always shows the receipt number and quantity. Is the quantity number the number of the quantity we received on that particular receipt or the quantity on hand we are having?

Thanks,

Mavis

#19409 - 11/05/09 12:30 PM Re: Inventory - Item Inquiry [Re: Mavis Dai]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Mavis,

1) There is a Transaction History report that allows you to select one or more items and print selected transactions. Will this do what you require? Or the Stock Card report will list all transactions for an item within a date range and indicate a running total for quantity and cost.

2) If you use LIFO or FIFO costing methods for your items, then the grid at the bottom of the Costing tab will show the qty and cost remaining from the receipt of goods that have not yet been shipped and costed. For example if you received 10 qty on a receipt and have shipped 2 of them, the qty for that costing lot will be 8. Essentially it will be the quantity on hand unless you have 2 or more receipts for that item.

#19411 - 11/05/09 12:38 PM Re: Inventory - Item Inquiry [Re: Softrak Support]
Mavis Dai Offline
Adagio Scholar

Hi Support,

Thanks for your reply!

1) In my Inventory module, the Transaction History is grey. I could not run it. How can I make it working? Anywhere in the profile?

2) Since I can't generate the transaction history report, I could not find the reason that why the receipt only has 1 but it is showing under costing tab as 9. What will be happened on the Costing tab if we have 2 or more receipts for that item?

Regards,

Mavis

#19414 - 11/05/09 01:16 PM Re: Inventory - Item Inquiry [Re: Mavis Dai]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Hi Mavis,

1) If you see 'Transaction History' as a menu option under the Reports menu but it is grey and inaccesible, then you do not have security rights to the report, or you do not maintain transaction history in the first place.

Edit the company profile (or print the report if you don't have access) and on the System Options area, look to see if the 'Retain Transaction History' option is enabled.

2) If the sum of the quantities in the grid at the bottom of the Costing item inquiry screen does not equal the Qty on Hand that appears just above the grid, then you have not yet run Day End Processing in Order Entry. An item has been shipped but not yet been costed.

If you have received items twice and use the FIFO or LIFO costing method, you will see two rows in that grid at the bottom with information, not just one. If you don't use FIFO or LIFO and are using a current version of Adagio Inventory, you won't even see that grid nor receipt info as it is not kept.

#19419 - 11/05/09 02:13 PM Re: Inventory - Item Inquiry [Re: Softrak Support]
Mavis Dai Offline
Adagio Scholar

Hi Support,

1) I have edited the company profile to enable the Retain Transaction History and can print the transaction history now. However, it seems the transaction history did not show the transaction we did before. Does it mean that the transaction history report only include the transactions after I enable the option? If it is true, is there any other way for me to generate these kind of report? for example, Adagio Gridview? If Gridview can help out, which table is the best for the report?

2) Our inventory version is 8.1A and cost method is moving average. However, I still can see that grid and receipt info (I think it is the last receipt number). Do you mean the different version?

Thanks a lot,

Mavis

#19420 - 11/05/09 02:33 PM Re: Inventory - Item Inquiry [Re: Mavis Dai]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hi Mavis,

I can't believe that your "Retain History" option was turned off! Are you sure that it was? I've never seen an inventory database where the option wasn't on.

Unfortunately, history is only maintained from the point the option is turned on, so you won't be able to go back and generate the numbers.

#19421 - 11/05/09 02:34 PM Re: Inventory - Item Inquiry [Re: Mavis Dai]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

1) If the company profile had 'retain transaction history' disabled, then the history files would be blank, and would only show new transactions you post from now on, and cannot get anything previously done.

2) As you use Moving Average, then indeed the last receipt number would be shown in this grid. But of course quantity could have come from other receipts than this one, which is why that listed receipt number is not so useful. Version 8.1B hides the grid.

#19422 - 11/05/09 02:54 PM Re: Inventory - Item Inquiry [Re: Retired_Guy]
Mavis Dai Offline
Adagio Scholar

Hi Andrew,

That is why I was wondering how come Adagio does not have those kind of report after we changed from Accpac to Adagio because even Simply Accounting and Quickbooks have those basic reports. Since I was not involved in those activities much, I just realized it after my employees brought it up.

Unfortunatly, we lost the history records. However, we are lucky to find it out and have it from now on. Anyhow, I don't understand how come we can't generate those report from Adgio Gridview since our data are there. Can you please explain?

Thanks,

Mavis

#19423 - 11/05/09 03:13 PM Re: Inventory - Item Inquiry [Re: Mavis Dai]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

You can generate any report off of Transaction History - using built in reports or inquiries, GridView or Crystal Reports - for any historical data that you have. You cannot generate reports for missing information. If the receipt or sales has already been posted, it is too late to put it into History now.

You could look at other data files, such as the OE Order/Invoice history or IC Receipts or Purchase Orders history to get information, but not IC Transaction History, if it isn't already there.

#19424 - 11/05/09 03:21 PM Re: Inventory - Item Inquiry [Re: Softrak Support]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hi Mavis,

Several Adagio Inventory reports (for example, a back-dated Inventory Valuation or Stock card report) require a complete history file to print. Someone turned the option off. Without the history, these reports cannot be printed (Accpac Plus did not have these reports). You also cannot see any historical transactions in the Inventory Item Inquiry. Hasn't someone noticed this?

As Tech Support says, you can generate some of this information from POA or OE Invoice History, but it's really the IC History where all the movement comes together in a single file.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Softrak Support 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 92 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14239 Topics
69736 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18