Topic Options
#56447 - 02/15/18 07:05 AM OE info in IC Item Inquiries
Suz Offline
New Guy

Loc: Mississauga, ON
We are using OE, A/R, P.O.'s and IC in all current versions. We are trying in IC Inquiries, 'Purchase Order' tab to find the Customer name of who the P.O. is placed for. We have added columns: OE#, detO/E#, OE Customer Number and OE Customer Name. The OE# and detO/E#'s populate fine when added in the P.O. The issue is the OE Customer # nor the OE Customer Name are populating. So you have to go to OE and enter the Order # to see who the order is for. Why are these fields not showing the information?

#56474 - 02/16/18 09:03 AM Re: OE info in IC Item Inquiries [Re: Suz]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi, Suz,

I'm using OE9.3A and PO9.3A. I just created a PO from OE and the O/E 93A #, OE Customer number and OE Customer name fields are all populated for the Item Inquiry with Sales and Costs on the Purchase Orders tab.

However, older PO's in the same grid that the information wasn't gathered for or that weren't created from an OE order do not display that information.

#56475 - 02/16/18 09:31 AM Re: OE info in IC Item Inquiries [Re: Softrak Support]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Hi again, Suz,

I created my PO from the Import OE Lines feature when creating a new PO.

However, when creating a PO using the Auto-Gen from OE function, this information isn't automatically captured as those fields are not available there.

You can add the OE # and Customer Code information to the Reference or Comment 1 & 2 fields when creating the actual PO from the Auto-Gen function.

I'll add a suggestion to R&D about this for you. This may not be a simple task though as you are able to create a single PO from multiple OE orders using this function.

#56523 - 02/21/18 11:58 AM Re: OE info in IC Item Inquiries [Re: Softrak Support]
Suz Offline
New Guy

Loc: Mississauga, ON
Hello, thank you so much for the response.

I'm sorry, I need to clarify. The issue is not in the P.O. module. It's in the IC module. When we are looking at an inventory item in the IC Inquiry with Sales & Costs under the Purchase Order tab it indicates the OE# or the OEdet# but it does not populate the Customer Code or Name so that then as a secondary step you have to go to Order Entry to see who the order is for.

As well, staying in the IC module, if something is on Sales Order but it's in stock, and doesn't require a P.O., you can see that there are X on SO but how do you see the Customer that has ordered order it?

#56524 - 02/21/18 01:11 PM Re: OE info in IC Item Inquiries [Re: Suz]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Hi Suz,

With the current releases of Purchase Orders 9.3A and OrderEntry 9.3A, when I create a new purchase order and retrieve the items from an existing OrderEntry sales order, the 'OE Customer number' and 'OE Customer name' fields are populated with customer information from the OE order. Then this information is visible in any place in Adagio where the Purchase Orders details are visible, which includes the Item Inquiries with Sales and Costs that you mentioned.

So it is the PurchaseOrders module that creates these records, available for inquiry in other places such as IC.

It was confirmed in the first reply that it depends on how the purchase orders were created from OE sales orders as to whether the customer number and name are populated or not. How do you create purchase orders from OE orders, one at a time by selecting an OE sales order within a new PO, or by using the Auto Generate POs from OrderEntry? If you auto generate, that is the reason the customer information is not there for inquiry in other places.
-----
For your other question, if you want to determine which open sales orders exist for a given item, and the customers for those orders, then in the OrderEntry 9.3A release there is a new inquiry within the order entry process, on the Edit Detail screen, to look up both open sales orders or open purchase orders. The sales order lookup includes the customer number.

Currently this inquiry is only available when editing an OE sales order detail. If you want this available more generally, this sort of inquiry would be relatively easy to create using Adagio GridView and listing OE order details with item number, order number and customer number.

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18