Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#63290 - 03/11/20 10:18 AM AP 9.3B (200301) - cannot generate system checks
Carol Lord Openhym Offline
5 Corgis and Counting

Loc: Baltimore, Maryland USA
Hello,
I upgraded a client last week to ap 9.3b. All seemed to complete without incident, we got no errors, etc.
However, she now is unable to generate a system check run. She has all of her invoices on hold until she forces them or in control payments. I've tried to do this with her and neither of us had any luck.
We applied the hotfix today, even though this issue was not mentioned in the release notes, I thought it was worth a try. No luck.
Has anyone else had this issue? Currently she has to do all manual checks and with her transaction volume, this is pretty inconvenient.
Many thanks,
Carol

#63291 - 03/11/20 10:32 AM Re: AP 9.3B (200301) - cannot generate system checks [Re: Carol Lord Openhym]
Lauren Stief Offline
Adagio Padawan

Loc: Waterloo, ON
Hi Carol,

We haven't installed the upgrade yet, so I can't check this, but often when there are new features the security group setting for that feature is disabled. Maybe the option for her to create system checks is disabled with all the new features now available with system checks.

Lauren
1-800-540-3164

#63292 - 03/11/20 11:00 AM Re: AP 9.3B (200301) - cannot generate system checks [Re: Lauren Stief]
5 Corgis and Counting

Excellent suggestion. Thanks, Lauren. I'll let you know if that was the culprit.

#63293 - 03/11/20 11:11 AM Re: AP 9.3B (200301) - cannot generate system checks [Re: Carol Lord Openhym]
Douglas Dickie Online   content
Adagio God

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Carol:

The other possible problem is that the selection criteria has changed, maybe you've ended up with something that is filtering out all transactions.

I would also try taking some transactions off hold and off force pay to see if a regular system check run works.
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

#63296 - 03/11/20 11:54 AM Re: AP 9.3B (200301) - cannot generate system checks [Re: Douglas Dickie]
Jesse_Gilbert Offline
Adagio Guru

Loc: Thunder Bay, ON
Hi Carol,

I had one site perform the upgrade themselves and reached out with a similar problem with their System Check Runs.

In their case, the new approval option was causing them issues. It's enabled/disabled in the Company Profile, and then you also need to allow the approving user the ability in the security group.

I've attached some screen shots, hope that helps.

Jesse

Attachments
Company Profile.png (83 downloads)
security group.png (78 downloads)

#63299 - 03/11/20 01:27 PM Re: AP 9.3B (200301) - cannot generate system checks [Re: Jesse_Gilbert]
5 Corgis and Counting

Hi Jesse,
Thanks for the reply.

Are you talking about the "require check run approval" option in Batch/System Check tab? That one is unchecked...

I've also gone in and made sure that her security allows all functions in Adagio.

#63300 - 03/11/20 01:49 PM Re: AP 9.3B (200301) - cannot generate system checks [Re: Carol Lord Openhym]
Softrak Support Online   happy

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Carol,

Could you explain what precisely is not available for them to do a system check run? Is it that you cannot even open the function? Is it that you can open System Checks but nothing gets generated on the pre-check register report? Or something else? Knowing these details would be interesting to be able to narrow down to what is happening.

Certainly invoices on hold will not be selected in a System Check Run. You mentioned that some invoices then get marked as Forced or None as the status. I wonder of something is getting confused with all the other invoices on hold.

#63302 - 03/11/20 02:26 PM Re: AP 9.3B (200301) - cannot generate system checks [Re: Softrak Support]
5 Corgis and Counting

Hi there,
Thanks for the reply. What happens is they force a series of invoices via payment control. Then we go to generate a system check batch and it says there are no payments to generate (that is not the exact wording but the client is gone for the day and I'll need to confirm tomorrow). The pre-check register also shows up as blank, nothing to pay.

I went into Payment control and set the columns to display the status of the invoices in the grid. That way I could visually confirm that they are no longer on hold. Once I did that, I tried generating the system check batch and still got nothing. This has been happening since the upgrade.

Also, Data Integrity is clean.

#63304 - 03/11/20 03:06 PM Re: AP 9.3B (200301) - cannot generate system checks [Re: Carol Lord Openhym]
Softrak Support Online   happy

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Carol,

I asked around, and apparently one other site experienced something similar, and it had to do with a flag for only selecting EFT transactions being enabled on the System Check Run screen but hidden because EFT was not enabled in the Company Profile.

If this is the same thing for your client, the way to check this out is to edit the Payables company profile and temporarily enabled Allow EFT. Then edit the System Check Run to see if the option is now visible. If so then turn it off.

Before disabling EFT in the Company Profile, also edit the Banks to make sure nothing got configured there to assign anything related to EFT. In the other site, they had EFT Processing methods set on the banks that needed to be disabled. When everything is cleared out related to EFT, you can edit the company profile and turn EFT off.

If it turns out that this happens to be the solution, and if they have a data backup prior to converting to AP93B, see if you can replicate the conversion issue in your office. It may be that there are pre-93B data conditions that is affecting the conversion, and something in this area for us to fix.

#63418 - 03/20/20 01:52 PM Re: AP 9.3B (200301) - cannot generate system checks [Re: Softrak Support]
5 Corgis and Counting

Ok, I think we figured it out. She said this was only happening when she tried to do a check run just for specific vendors. When I checked one of these, I saw that the vendor was on hold.

In the past, vendors on hold could be paid via system check runs if they were forced. With the new version, the only way forced payments can be picked up in a system is to change the vendor status to not on hold.

The work around I've given her is to use payment control to force invoices she wants to pay and then do a system check run with the "Forced" radio button checked. That seemed to work just fine.

What needs to happen is if a vendor is on hold but an invoice is forced, it should be picked up in a system check run. My client has assured me that prior versions did work this way.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
1 registered (Ken A.), 50 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1847 Members
5 Forums
14239 Topics
69727 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18