Topic Options
#60643 - 04/18/19 12:09 PM OE 9.3A order import - tax calculation
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
A client takes orders on their webstore and imports them into Adagio OE. The orders are prepaid, so the cash amount paid is part of the import file.

Adagio calculates sales tax on its own, and occasionally the tax differs from the webstore's calculation by a penny or two. If the imported order is not adjusted before it is posted as an invoice, then the invoice will have a balance, and it shouldn't.

If it were not for this issue, they could mass-invoice all of the days' orders using the new feature in OE 9.3A, but instead they have to review and then invoice each order individually, slowing the process down.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to force the amount of the order in Adagio to match the "actual" amount of the order (ie the amount paid)? I'm drawing a blank.

Steve

#60644 - 04/18/19 12:18 PM Re: OE 9.3A order import - tax calculation [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Steve,

In OrderEntry, you can choose to calculate tax based on either Detail Lines or the Invoice Total, via a setting in the Company Profile.

You cannot force specific tax jurisdiction amounts to be a particular value, over-riding what the tax table calculations are, either for a manually entered or an imported order.

Sorry.

#60646 - 04/18/19 12:31 PM Re: OE 9.3A order import - tax calculation [Re: Softrak Support]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Hi Softrak

Thanks, but that doesn't answer the question I was asking. I know how Adagio works. I'm asking for a suggestion. One possibility is for Adagio to consider any difference between the amount computed by Adagio and the amount paid to be a discount at the time of mass-invoicing.

But maybe there is a better idea.

The goal is to be able to use the mass-invoicing feature for orders taken over the web, when the amount paid is a penny or two different than the amount Adagio calculates.

Steve

#60647 - 04/18/19 12:38 PM Re: OE 9.3A order import - tax calculation [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Hi Steve,

You question was how to force Adagio OE to over-ride taxes. You currently can't, short of GV-RW.

Can you give an example of an order and the tax amounts calculated by the web store vs Adagio, which one is wrong, and why? Maybe there is something that can be tweaked in OE, or maybe not.

When there is a minor tax different resulting in pennies, is it too late to run a write-off batch in AR to get rid of those penny balances on the invoices? I realize it is ideal to have it all dealt with in OE.

#60648 - 04/18/19 12:59 PM Re: OE 9.3A order import - tax calculation [Re: Softrak Support]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

I would have to ask the client for an example.

My question, if you read it carefully, was NOT how to force Adagio OE to override taxes. It was "how to force the amount of the order in Adagio to match the actual amount of the order".

Actually, it doesn't matter if Adagio tax calculation is right and the webstore calculation is wrong. The webstore is by definition right, because that is what the customer is being charged and what they have paid.

I think that running a write-off batch in AR is a good idea. It gets to the right place and it is not too much work. Let's see what the client thinks, though.

Steve

#60650 - 04/18/19 01:05 PM Re: OE 9.3A order import - tax calculation [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Thanks for the confirmation.

If you want to change the order amount, regardless of taxes, I wonder if you could enter this in the Discount field on the Totals tab. This might not work in 100% of the cases, in case the difference happens to cross a tax calculation threshold and changes the tax by another penny, but I bet it works at least 99% of the time.

#60651 - 04/18/19 01:06 PM Re: OE 9.3A order import - tax calculation [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
I was also about to suggest generating a write-off batch in AR for the pennies difference. Only takes a few seconds and fixes all the problems.

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 65 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1847 Members
5 Forums
14239 Topics
69728 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18