Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#56153 - 01/29/18 04:28 PM OE update
CRR Offline
Adagio Buff

Loc: WA
We have the new update installed. I have a couple of questions.

1. How to do you turn OFF the "show item pricing grid"? This pop up window is cumbersome and gets in the way of information needed in the description. I have read the release notes and can not find the options under Company Profile to turn it off.

2. On the Invoice Print window there is a box that asks how many copies to print. I choose 2 and it only prints 1, why? How do I fix this?

3. When looking up History in OE after choosing the criteria the window goes into lag mode, you have to click on "cancel" in order to get it to stop thinking and show you the results even if only 1 day is chosen with 1 item.

4. Sometimes trying to go into an open order you have to click on "edit" button, before you could just double click on the order for it to open.

Janie
Cowlitz River Rigging, Inc

#56154 - 01/29/18 04:51 PM Re: OE update [Re: CRR]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Janie,

1) The option in in the Entry Template and the Items tab, found either from the Maintenance Menu and Define Entry Template - if you don't use security groups in Adagio, or are the SYS user - or from within Edit Security Groups and the template area if you do use security.

2) We are unaware of any problems with the new setting for printing multiple copies of an invoice or other form type. Perhaps there is some unexpected interaction with the selected printer driver? This one may best be assisted by your Adagio consultant.

3) To clarify, you are using the View History process and from the History tab, you are entering a specific date range, perhaps even just a single day and a single item, and the process seems to take a long time. Or doesn't fully complete and requires a cancel. Is this correct?

We haven't had a previous report of this before, and could possibly be related to the size of your data, the speed of your system, or other causes. The History data does get converted as part of the upgrade to OrderEntry 9.3A, so I presume that there are no integrity errors. Again, this sort of situation would best be assisted by your Adagio consultant.

4) Not being able to double-click on an order to edit is also something I haven't heard of before. Provided that the data passes an integrity check, this should always be allowed. Does an error message appear, or just nothing happens? Do you use Order Filters? There have been some changes to how this grid works, including the ability to multi-select orders for printing or completing or invoicing, and also other checking such as looking to see if the customer has been edited since the order was last saved.

How many order records do you have in your Current list? There shouldn't be a maximum, but if you keep completed orders around for a long time, performance and behaviour can potentially degrade.

Since this situation is sporadic, your Adagio consultant would be best to see what's happening and what patterns may exist for when the problem occurs.

#56156 - 01/29/18 08:26 PM Re: OE update [Re: Softrak Support]
Rick McLeod Offline
Adagio Buff

Loc: San Jose, CA
Hello Janie,

We have been using the update for about 2 weeks now. I will try to give you some answers.

2. I have found that the print quantity setting in the OE print window is ignored. The quantity printed is the quantity set in the "Edit Specification Options" in our Invoice specification edited in the Order Designer. In our case the number set is 2 and the Invoice print button only prints 2 regardless of the qty. we enter. Perhaps the button should be grayed out if it is overwritten elsewhere in the program.

3. We have no slowdown or lag in loading any History so I have no suggestions on this one.

4 I would check your Windows mouse settings for the problem computers. In Windows 10 it reads, "Double Click Speed. Double click your folder to check your settings. If the folder does not open or close, try using a slower setting." There is a bar to modify the settings & ours are set at the slowest speed.

Regards,
Rick McLeod
Sunbeam Specialties, Inc.

#56161 - 01/30/18 10:01 AM Re: OE update [Re: Rick McLeod]
Treasure S. Offline
Adagio Guru

Loc: Winnipeg, MB
Janie,
regarding item 2, check to make sure you have the right invoice selected in your specifications when you go to print.

unlike before, if you change the specification type to another form it stays in there.
that was my issue today

you may have to change your setting to not remember them.

Edited by Treasure S. (01/30/18 10:23 AM)

#56162 - 01/30/18 10:12 AM Re: OE update [Re: Treasure S.]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi everyone,

Indeed the new multi-copy printing is not doing what it should. I wonder if a change to the designer we did in the summer inadvertently broke this. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

When it is functional, it should print multiple copies in a way differently than how multiple copies are set on the specification within the designer, in the way that the pages are collated. The same way as setting multiple copies on the printer driver. And if both this value and the spec are set to print more than one copy, then these would get multiplied, so you would really want only one or the other to be more than 1.

#56163 - 01/30/18 10:56 AM Re: OE update [Re: Softrak Support]
CRR Offline
Adagio Buff

Thanks for the feedback on the issues we are having. The only one I can't get to work is to turn OFF the "show item pricing grid". I went under maintenance, define entry template, items, I unchecked the box that shows the "item pricing grid" and it is still showing up. I logged in under sys to do this to make sure it was system wide because we do have security groups set up.

Thanks,
Janie

#56164 - 01/30/18 11:10 AM Re: OE update [Re: CRR]
Douglas Dickie Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Janie:

The entry templates don't have a "Set for all user" option like the "User preferences" do. You will have to edit each security group and make the change to that Groups template.
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

#56165 - 01/30/18 12:21 PM Re: OE update [Re: Douglas Dickie]
CRR Offline
Adagio Buff

Oh my that was not as easy at it sounded to change. Finally saw the "entry templates" to make that change. Thanks for all the help.

Janie

#56167 - 01/30/18 01:18 PM Re: OE update [Re: CRR]
Clint Offline
Adagio Fan

Loc: Seattle, Washington
We are experiencing the history loading issue as well:

3. When looking up History in OE after choosing the criteria the window goes into lag mode, you have to click on "cancel" in order to get it to stop thinking and show you the results even if only 1 day is chosen with 1 item.

Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated as it is highly frustrating for some of my users.

Thanks,

Clint

#56170 - 01/30/18 02:39 PM Re: OE update [Re: Clint]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hi Clint (or Janie),

Can you clarify whether you are looking up a historical order/invoice/credit note, or looking up the sales history of an item while entering an order.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1847 Members
5 Forums
14239 Topics
69728 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18