Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#37394 - 06/17/13 07:22 AM Adagio Purchase Orders 8.1C 130608
SusanTennier Offline
Adagio Maestro

Loc: Ontario, Canada
First day trying this version and already having problems, same as with the Beta. After posting a negative receipt it asks, do you want to print now? We say yes and print and it says, "Nothing in range to print". Not sure if there is corrupt data or not and won't know until I can run an integrity check after 5:00pm EST.

When we close the program and re-open we can print the receipts successfully, however, they will not print from the window that pops up after posting.

#37395 - 06/17/13 07:49 AM Re: Adagio Purchase Orders 8.1C 130608 [Re: SusanTennier]
LanceBakker Offline
Adagio Enthusiast

Loc: Trenton, Ontario
This is also happening for regular Purchase orders. They will not email or print.

#37397 - 06/17/13 08:19 AM Re: Adagio Purchase Orders 8.1C 130608 [Re: LanceBakker]
GT Offline
Adagio Virtuoso

Loc: Antigua
Didn't see this post at the time of doing mine but yes same problem my client is having.

#37398 - 06/17/13 08:41 AM Re: Adagio Purchase Orders 8.1C 130608 [Re: GT]
SusanTennier Offline
Adagio Maestro

How is it that the full version has been released and the exact same problems that existed in the BETA still exists now, rendering the product unusable and no one even warned us about it? Softrak already knew about this problem and released it anyway. Today, we've lost another 1/2 a day, none of our staff could do their work, customers could not get any information, we could not process any orders, etc. We have had way too many failed attempts at this. 3 integrity checks and repairs later and we have reverted back to POA once again. Please advise when we can safely use this product.

Can you also advise if we'll need further data repair or are the rebuilds in DIC fixing everything now? Here is our integrity check info:

--------------------------------------

Adagio PurchaseOrders: File Integrity

Totals ... 1 error(s) found .................................................... FAILED

Summary

File Integrity ... 1 error(s) found ............................................ FAILED

Finished at: 2013.06.17 12:05

Data Repair Phase

Rebuilding Totals ... Done
Fixed 1 of 1 file integrity errors.
Finished rebuilding integrity errors.
Please repeat Data Integrity Check.

Adagio PurchaseOrders: Application Integrity

Outstanding vendor/job costing balances will only be checked
if a day end is performed before running the integrity check.

Purchase Order PO -00004073 is missing all vendor total records.
Purchase Order PO -00004073 has Vendor JO7200 that does not have a total record on line 1
Documents ... 2 error(s) found
Payables Vendor CR1428 has 146.73 on PO, actual is 444.43
Payables Vendor JO7200 has 19000.00 on PO, actual is 9500.00
Payable Vendors ... 2 error(s) found
Summary

Application Integrity ... 4 error(s) found ..................................... FAILED

Finished at: 2013.06.17 12:15

Data Repair Phase

Purchase Order PO -00004073 is missing all vendor total records. Vendor total records added.
Purchase Order PO -00004073 has invalid Vendor JO7200. Please update the document.
Payables Vendor CR1428 on PO updated to 444.43
Payables Vendor JO7200 on PO updated to 9500.00

Fixed 3 of 4 application integrity errors.
Finished rebuilding integrity errors.
Please repeat Data Integrity Check.

Summary

Data integrity check was complete with no errors.

Finished at: 2013.06.17 12:26

#37402 - 06/17/13 10:25 AM Re: Adagio Purchase Orders 8.1C 130608 [Re: SusanTennier]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi, all,

It appears that this is either not occurring with all datasets or there is more information required in order for it to be duplicated. I've just entered a negative Quick Receipt using sample data and another client's data I received today for something else and did not experience this issue. When I printed the receipt again (still have the print receipt window open) enabling the 'Reprint receipts already printed' option, I didn't experience the issue then either.

It seems it didn't happen during PwC's training session with his site either, but did occur after. Something is occurring differently either in the steps occurring and print/email options selected or elsewhere. Were you using this site's data during the training session?

Please provide more detail on what is being done.

Susan, is this occurring with positive receipt printing? All negative receipts?

All, are you working in PO8.1B and PO8.1C or just 8.1C? If both, which product created the document in question?

#37431 - 06/18/13 11:36 AM Re: Adagio Purchase Orders 8.1C 130608 [Re: Softrak Support]
SusanTennier Offline
Adagio Maestro

I installed 8.1C and the hotfix POHFP20130608.EXE. I didn't even know it was possible to run 8.1B anymore since 8.1C overwrote my previous installation.

On Monday morning (yesterday), we had 3 users on PO.

• User 1 was receiving both negative and positive and had no issues.
• User 1 also opened an existing receipt that had 2 vendors. Vendor 1 was already invoiced. Vendor 2 was still at the delivery note stage. A line for GST was added with no proration. The tax on the total screen was adjusted by 1 cent. The invoice was posted with no issues other than the tax change was not saved, even though the hot fix was suppose to correct that.
• User 2 was creating PO’s and could not email or print.
• User 3 was receiving negative and could not print.

#37439 - 06/18/13 03:42 PM Re: Adagio Purchase Orders 8.1C 130608 [Re: SusanTennier]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Hi, Susan,

Thanks for the added information. This sounds like something that is specific to the 'steps/options used' by someone as it isn't occurring all of the time with your data either.

If there's anyway your people (user 2 and 3?) could take note as soon as the problem occurs of what exactly they did and then let us know it could help us and others to duplicate the issue for R&D.

If user 1 were to use user 2 or 3s w/s, do they experience the same issue while logged on as themselves (i.e. not as user 2 or 3)?

PO8.1C installs to a totally different folder (Softrak\PurchaseOrders) than PO8.1B does (Softrak\POWIN)so your original 8.1B install shouldn't be overwritten at all. You are not able to open the same dataset with both PO8.1B and PO8.1C at the same time with the shipping release of PO8.1C though. You are able to open the data with PO8.1B, close it, then open the same data with PO8.1C, close it, etc..

You indicate that the tax change is not saved. Would you elaborate? Where exactly wasn't it saved. I too edited the tax for the 2nd vendor (on the 2nd receipt for the PO) and changed it by 1 cent. The correct, adjusted amount was sent to both AP and GL. And, in PO, I see the correct information in the Data Flow and inquiry.

I will test this some more. As always, any more detail you can provide is appreciated.

#37446 - 06/18/13 07:00 PM Re: Adagio Purchase Orders 8.1C 130608 [Re: Softrak Support]
SusanTennier Offline
Adagio Maestro

Hello Softrak Support,

Okay I didn't realize that POA was 8.1B. I was thinking that you meant PO Beta was 8.1B. So to answer your original question, we finished off Friday with POA 8.1B and started out on Monday morning with PO 8.1C. After the crash, we reverted to POA 8.1B. Everything was fine on Friday with 8.1B as it always is. The problems occurred when posting the first PO of the day on Monday morning in PO 8.1C.

User 2, could not email or print the PO. This is the document that later was found to be missing total records. It was a very basic PO with only one vendor and one item. Since that PO alone should not have been a problem, maybe it has something to do with posting a PO while other users are simultaneously posting receipts and/or invoices? Or maybe it was User 1 who caused the problem when they posted a receipt with 3 items with negative quantities and the same 3 items on the same receipt with positive quantities. However, this receipt posted and printed successfully. Or it could have been the next thing that User 1 did which was opening an existing Receipt that had been created previously in POA and was already invoiced for Vendor 1 lines but not for Vendor 2 lines. Vendor 2 had 2 misc charges that had been received with proration at relative value and were at the del note stage. Those 2 lines were posted as an invoice along with a 3rd misc charge that was added at the time of invoicing to Vendor 2 with no proration. Everything appeared normal when posting this invoice, but maybe the complexity of this post is what led to a problem for the next person to post (i.e. User 2 PO, that would not print and lost it's total records). User 3 was able to post but not print the next 3 negative receipts.

I can't specifically answer your question about user 1 going to user 2 workstation and logging in as user 1, etc., because we don't operate that way. Everyone has their own computer and workstation and they log in as themselves.

Hope this helps. We're looking forward to a solution soon.

#37447 - 06/19/13 04:37 AM Re: Adagio Purchase Orders 8.1C 130608 [Re: SusanTennier]
SusanTennier Offline
Adagio Maestro

I actually opened a back up of our data last night and re-created the same entries as described above. I did them one at a time with one user and there were no issues. This leads me to think that the problem is more likely related to users posting PO's/Receipts/Invoices simultaneously.

#37469 - 06/19/13 12:48 PM Re: Adagio Purchase Orders 8.1C 130608 [Re: SusanTennier]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Hi, Susan,

Thank you for the added detail. We'll do some extra testing with the multi-user environment. Although testing has already been done in this area, it's doubtful that your exact situation was tested. Getting this set up may take some time though. I will come back to the issue when we've had time to complete some more testing.

Other than the Receipt that User 1 posted for Vendor 2 that had previously been Receipt-DN only, all other documents were created in PO8.1C?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 81 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1847 Members
5 Forums
14239 Topics
69736 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18