Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#17319 - 05/20/09 01:36 PM Vista install error - report table
Treasure S. Offline
Adagio Guru

Loc: Winnipeg, MB
I have all the latest updates (except for A/R) for adagio. We just added a new Vista computer to our system and I'm getting
ICWin has not been installed properly (missing report tables drive) Please check you have selected proper directory.
Invalid \grasp\qrttables.ini.

Anyone know how to fix so I may install Adagio into my new computer. I have one vista computer Adagio is running on. The rest are Xp.

We recently updated all our Adagio programs not sure if that has made a difference or I'm forgetting a step with vista.

Thanks

#17320 - 05/20/09 01:46 PM Re: Vista install error - report table [Re: Treasure S.]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Do you have EXACTLY the same drive mappings for your new computer?

#17323 - 05/20/09 03:02 PM Re: Vista install error - report table [Re: Retired_Guy]
Douglas Dickie Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Are you running Vista Business and did you follow the instructins for installing and configuring Adagio on Vista.
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

#17327 - 05/20/09 06:45 PM Re: Vista install error - report table [Re: Douglas Dickie]
Treasure S. Offline
Adagio Guru

Ok it turns out we aren't running any Adagio programs from the server on Vista. So this will be the first one.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "exactly" same drive mappings. It seems pretty straight forward map to G Drive for all of the computers.

I checked the softraks tips on basic rules http://www.softrak.com/resources/technicaltips/vistabasics.php

Other the above I'm not sure where to find this other information for installing on Vista. If there are other " instructions for installing and configuring Adagio" I'd appreciate you letting me know where I can find that.

I'll get with our IT guy tomorrow and see if I can work this out with the info I have so far, thanks. One thing we didn't do was turn off the user accounts so we'll try that and let you know if I still have a problem. Thanks
yes its Vista Business.

#17340 - 05/21/09 02:08 PM Re: Vista install error - report table [Re: Treasure S.]
Ralph Allan Offline
Adagio Virtuoso

Loc: Prince George BC
Perhaps thia will help (Ignore the ACCPAC Plus stuff). . .

General Network Installation Guidelines

1. All programs and data reside on a common resource on a server. This resource should be mapped on each workstation with the same drive letter. If you are integrating to an existing ACCPAC Plus installation, install to the same drive.

2. If the workstation is using Windows Vista, you need to turn off User Account Control before proceeding.

3. When installing Adagio programs, Windows 2000 and XP workstations should be logged in as the user who will run Adagio. During installation, this user needs to have power user rights since registry entries will be made.

4. Install the modules from a workstation that will access all of them, in any order, except that the LanPak should not be installed first.

5. Each of the other workstations that will run Adagio should open the network resource and run \Softrak\allwkst\allwkst.exe. You may select all or just some of the programs for each workstation to access. (For example, the sales desk may not need to access Ledger.)
6. When you first start each Adagio module, fill out the registration form, print it, and fax it to Softrak at the number shown on the form. Within a day or two, Softrak will fax back a license number for each module, including the LanPak(s). After you enter this number, the “reminder” screen will no longer appear. Important: keep both the registration sheets you fax to Softrak and the license numbers they fax back. This will allow you to re-install the software if necessary.

7. The first time you access a set of data with Adagio, it will ask for the path to the tasks and currency files. If this is ACCPAC Plus data, use x:\ASP where x is your ACCPAC Plus program drive. If concurrent operation with Plus is not required, enter x:\Softrak\system where x is the drive where Adagio is installed.

8. All systems should run \Softrak\system\chksys.exe after installation to turn off opportunistic locking. This should also be run on Windows servers. Novell users should turn off local caching and turn on File Commit in the Novell client.

#17341 - 05/21/09 05:25 PM Re: Vista install error - report table [Re: Ralph Allan]
Treasure S. Offline
Adagio Guru

Thanks a lot guys we got it loaded, I just couldn't get the allwkstns to run. But each Adagio Program installed separately no problem. Thanks for your Assistance.

Edited by Treasure S. (05/21/09 05:25 PM)

#20043 - 12/14/09 11:55 AM Re: Vista install error - report table [Re: Treasure S.]
CPS Offline
Adagio Guru

Loc: Antigua & Barbuda
We recently installed upgrades and service packs. All the workstation upgrades went well except for Sales Analysis and Bank Rec on the Vista machines only.

We are getting an error message that there are no report tables for the drive on this workstation.

We have 5 Vista machines and 10 XP machines.

#20048 - 12/14/09 03:10 PM Re: Vista install error - report table [Re: CPS]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Were the installations performed from a workstation (and installing to a shared server drive) or directly at the server console?

If from a workstation (we hope so), was User Account Control enabled or disabled?

What is the precise error when either starting SalesAnalysis or BankRec, or when running a workstation setup from a Vista station?

The location of the report tables drive itself is common across all Adagio applications, so if some work then all programs can 'see' the report tables location. And if a particular program works for some users then all of the necessary files have been updated on the server for all users to get at, provided they have appropriate rights.

Run the CHKSYS.EXE utility (in the \softrak\system directory) from any Vista station. This will identify any workstation setup errors. Also check the 'read/write status from within this utility.

#20053 - 12/15/09 04:02 AM Re: Vista install error - report table [Re: Softrak Support]
CPS Offline
Adagio Guru

The upgrades were installed from a workstation running XP. The upgrades were for Lanpak, OE, BR, SA,AP,AL, AR and IC. All upgrades were tested and access confirmed. We have no problems with the XP machines. What is puzzling is that the other upgrades run fine on the Vista machines with no error. All report tables are in the same drive.

I will try disabling User Control and try the installation again and also run the Chksys.

#20110 - 12/21/09 04:33 AM Re: Vista install error - report table [Re: CPS]
CPS Offline
Adagio Guru

I have disabled UAC, run the chksys utility. Except for a warning on multiple instances of extasks there were no other errors reported.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 52 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1849 Members
5 Forums
14246 Topics
69763 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22