Topic Options
#19125 - 10/16/09 07:29 AM Adagion Upgrades/service packs
MCCC Offline
Adagio Enthusiast

Loc: 555 Main St
I am getting around to installing service packs and upgrades and I normally install the service packs/upgrades on our server. When I try and do this, I receive an "error-installed date files dates being changed". It is indicates that installing in the computer environment might erroneously change the dates of files which can cause problems running adagio..... The error says I should install on a workstation. If I install on the workstation, do I have to do anything to the server or the othere workstation to ensure all workstations are updated?

Thanks

#19126 - 10/16/09 07:59 AM Re: Adagion Upgrades/service packs [Re: MCCC]
Softrak Support Online   happy

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi,

Due a known Microsoft date problem, Adagio products should not be installed directly onto the server. Doing so can change the dates of many files to the date of the install, rather than the date of the file, and this can cause future problems running the programs. Additionally, the problems don't tend to present themselves until a subsequent SP or upgrade of one of the programs is installed.

When you install from a workstation that is connected to the server via a LAN, you should (1) ensure you are logged onto the w/s as the Windows user who would normally be using the w/s to run Adagio and (2) ensure that user has enough Windows security access to do the install and to write their registry. Any workstation install required by the upgrade (and sometimes SP) will be performed automatically when the install to the mapped drive on the server is done.

Other workstations will be updated as they normally are when a workstation install is required - either by someone going to the w/s and logging on as the user of the w/s and running the workstation install, or by letting the autoworkstation install run when the user of the workstation next runs the updated Adagio module.

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18