Topic Options
#9174 - 06/08/07 02:00 PM Statement Date Error
Flo Offline
Adagio Groupie

Loc: BC, Canada
Please Help:May 31/07 statement:
Some of the invoices have a date of 01-Jan-02.
How is this possible?

Thanks,
Flo

#9176 - 06/08/07 04:52 PM Re: Statement Date Error [Re: Flo]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Could invoices have been posted with a date that old? Or perhaps these invoices were posted many years ago, but not cleared when paid because the payments were not applied to the invoices?

If an invoice has a current amount not equal to zero, it will not get cleared to history, even if there is a payment on the customer record for the same amount. Invoices and payments (or credit notes) need to be applied to each other in order to set the Current Amount to zero and allow clearing into history.

If this is the case for you, create a cash entry for the customer and select all the invoices and payments that net to zero. Make sure that the total amount for the entry is zero. Then you can post this entry and later on, they can be cleared to history.

#9177 - 06/08/07 05:38 PM Re: Statement Date Error [Re: Softrak Support]
Flo Offline
Adagio Groupie

No they were not posted with an old date. Also invoices posted, that old, have been cleared.

We also have many invoices that are in history and are not paid in full. We have not been able to figure out what determines which invoices will go into history.

#9186 - 06/11/07 06:25 PM Re: Statement Date Error [Re: Flo]
Flo Offline
Adagio Groupie

Please,Please someone help with this problem.

I have quite a few statements that went out with invoices on them dated 01 Jan 02.

Also a couple times each day when processing an invoice, when we go to print it our Company Name,Address,Tel #,etc (the whole header) comes out black.

#9188 - 06/11/07 07:32 PM Re: Statement Date Error [Re: Flo]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Invoices or any transaction in Receivables are removed from Current and sent to History when the Current Amount of the transaction is 0.00 and the appropriate 'clear to history' function is run. That function could be either Printing Statements or running Period End, depending on what you have defined in your company profile (either Billing Cycle or Period End, respectively).

As mentioned in the previous post, transactions with a Current Amount not equal to zero will not be cleared to history. For your invoices dated 01 Jan 02, what are the current amounts? You can print the Customer Transaction report or view a Customer and look at the Transactions screen. If not zero, then this is the answer. You need to perform steps such as mentioned above to get the amounts to zero and allow clearing.

If the current amounts of these invoices are zero, then you need to run Period End / Print Statements to purge. In the mean-time, you could select the option for 'Outstanding Transactions only' when printing statements, in order to not print completed invoices with zero current amount.

If you are still having problems with this, please post an example of an invoice that you see printing on a statement with this date, the current amount of this invoice, and the method of clearing transactions to history.
----
As for your other question regarding printing invoices, do you have a logo inserted into the header section? It could be that your printer is out of memory when printing that specific document and thus prints blank instead of the logo. Perhaps you have to send few invoices at a time to the printer, to see if that helps.

#9189 - 06/11/07 08:03 PM Re: Statement Date Error [Re: Softrak Support]
Ralph Allan Offline
Adagio Virtuoso

Loc: Prince George BC
Quote:
...do you have a logo inserted into the header section? It could be that your printer is out of memory when printing that specific document and thus prints blank instead of the logo. Perhaps you have to send few invoices at a time to the printer, to see if that helps.

Sometimes this occurs if a farily large logo is reduced in size within the Softrak form designer. Although it prints in a smaller format, it contains he same number of pixels and takes the same amount of printer memory. Often you can reduce the real size of the graphics file with a drawing program, even MS Paint, and save a smaller version of the logo for use in Adagio forms.

#9192 - 06/12/07 01:01 PM Re: Statement Date Error [Re: Softrak Support]
Flo Offline
Adagio Groupie

I do not want anything put into history, that will happen after paid and period end. My concern is the date of these invoices going back to Jan/02, why would this happen?????

Flo

SENDING YOU A COPY OF BOTH THE CUSTOMER TRANSACTION AND MAY/07 STATEMENT SHOWING 4 INVOICES THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DATED MAY/07 NOT JAN/02, THIS IS ONLY 1 CUSTOMER AND THIS HAS HAPPENED TO MORE THAN ONE. THESE INVOICE NUMBERS WERE NOT USED IN 2002. I CANNOT SEE HOW APPLYING THE INVOICE TO ANY PYMT WOULD CHANGE ANYTHING WHEN THE INVOICE WAS NOT THERE.

INVOICES ARE APPLIED TO PYMTS OR CREDITS, THEN CLEARED WHEN PERIOD END IS RUN AT MONTH END.

WE ALSO HAVE MANY INVOICES THAT ARE NOT PAID IN OUR HISTORY IN O/E, BUT ARE STILL CURRENT IN A/R.

#1 CUSTOMER TRANSACTION SHOWING 4 INVOICES DATED JAN/02, SHOULD BE MAY/07.

Please help I do not know, when I run my a/r reports if these invoices will be included, I highly doubt it.

I know that these reports look a bit garbled but hopefully you can make out the dates and see my problem. This support page does not have an attachment link.

Thanks,
Flo

[report text deleted by Andrew Bates for readability]

Edited by Flo (06/12/07 03:07 PM)

#9194 - 06/12/07 01:35 PM Re: Statement Date Error [Re: Flo]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hello Flo,

This is really a technical support issue, so I have moved the discussion into that forum.

Firstly, does the data pass the data integrity check? (File | Data Integrity Check)?

Also, payments are applied in Receivables, and are not recorded in OrderEntry. You can have invoices in the history of OrderEntry whether or not they have been paid in Receivables.

You can post links to images within a message. If you can take a screen shot of a report, and post the image on your web site, you can link to the image in a post.

Technical support has asked whether the transactions have any "current amount" on file. You can see the current amount when you do a transaction inquiry for the customer. If there is a current amount due, the transactions will not move to history, and will show up on a customer statement. If you want the transactions cleared to history, and removed from the customer statement, then you must enter adjustments and apply them against the outstanding transactions.

I've also edited your previous post and deleted the report text. They weren't very readable.

#9199 - 06/12/07 10:41 PM Re: Statement Date Error [Re: Flo]
Bruce Gardner Online   content
Adagio Wizard

Loc: Toronto ON, Canada
Hi Flo:

As you point out, Order Entry indeed has a list of invoices in History. However, for the purposes of this discussion, do not even think about Order Entry. AR Statements rely exclusively on the information in AR.

The confusion arises because AR also has a list of invoices in History. Month End moves Invoices from "Current" to "History" when they are fully paid.

Technical Support is asking about History because they are trying to figure out why invoices that appear to be 5 years old are still in "Current".

However, if I read your question correctly, these Invoices were entered on May 7, 2007? Have you looked at the AR Invoice Posting Journal to see what date was applied to the Invoices? If it is Jan. 2002, what date was used on the actual Invoices? And as Andrew suggested, please run a Data Integrity Check on AR and tell us the results.

#9211 - 06/13/07 01:27 PM Re: Statement Date Error [Re: Flo]
Ralph Allan Offline
Adagio Virtuoso

Loc: Prince George BC
Flo:

This is a stab in the dark, but have you checked the date/time on the computer where the invoices were entered?

Sometimes the default dates are drawn from the system date, and if that is wrong, it affects transaction dates.

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
1 registered (Ken A.), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1847 Members
5 Forums
14237 Topics
69723 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18