Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#9674 - 08/15/07 12:31 PM installing on network
Anonymous
Unregistered

when installing on a network, the book for ledger says that you have to run wksetup.exe for the workstations and a full install on your server and thats for all modules, the ledge, rec, ect.. However I am unable to locate a wksetup.exe on the cd for ledger. Can someone tell me how exactly this is to be done step by step?

Thank-You in advance.

PS I already have the lan packs.

Edited by abgb123 (08/15/07 12:32 PM)

#9675 - 08/15/07 12:39 PM Re: installing on network [Re: ]
Ralph Allan Offline
Adagio Virtuoso

Loc: Prince George BC
Install from a workstation to the mapped drive on the server. You can install the modules in any order except that the LanPak cannot be first.

The installation should detect you are installing on a network. If you want to be doubly sure, use the custom install choices and make sure the Workstation components check box is checked.

After installing on the first station this way, go to each ther workstation and:
-- map the same drive letter
-- run either x:\softrak\allwkstn\allwkstn.exe or
x:\softrak\yyASP\WKSetup\WKsetup.exe (where x is the network
drive and yy is the application (GL for Ledger, for example))

Make sure to run x:\softrak\system\chksys on BOTH the server and every workstation. (You will have to reboot each.)

#9676 - 08/15/07 12:42 PM Re: installing on network [Re: Ralph Allan]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank-You for your quick responce.

this will work even with the server being dedicated soley to this purpose and there all on a router?

Thank-You

#9678 - 08/15/07 02:36 PM Re: installing on network [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just so I have this clear I select "workstation Files/or setup" and unselect application files, correct?

#9679 - 08/15/07 05:05 PM Re: installing on network [Re: ]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
When installing Adagio from a workstation to a network server, select both application files and workstation setup files. This is the initial installation of the program and the only time you need the CD.

When setting up other workstations to use Adagio, you do not need the CD anymore. Use Ralph's instuctions to perform the workstation setup for other computers, while logged into the computer as the user (not the admin login):
- \softrak\allwkstn\allwkstn.exe
- \softrak\XXwin\wksetup\wksetup.exe

After performing the workstation setup, run the CHKSYS.EXE utility file (found in the x:\softrak\system directory) to make sure everything worked OK. This utility also checks the read/write status of all the necessary locations that Adagio needs access to.

#9688 - 08/16/07 11:24 AM Re: installing on network [Re: Softrak Support]
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok I have a problem, I installed the program on the server, just so you know I i didnt install it from a workstation to the server, the server is a computer not just a network drive. After installing on the computer I went to one of the workstations to install the program, I browsed to the folder that Adagio was install in and selected C:\SOFTRAK\ALLWKST\allwkst.exe and it begins the setup then comes back with an error indicating that I dont have a drive letter selected. Can someone explain to me why it is doing this?

FYI there seems to be a misscommunication, this is a peer to peer setup.

Edited by abgb123 (08/16/07 11:44 AM)

#9690 - 08/16/07 01:21 PM Re: installing on network [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I really need to get this completed as we are paying a second person to do nothing at this point, can someone please help me with this?

#9691 - 08/16/07 01:50 PM Re: installing on network [Re: ]
Ralph Allan Offline
Adagio Virtuoso

Loc: Prince George BC
It sounds like you really should use the services of an Adagio consultant. See if there is one close to you here .

Adagio program files must be on the same logical drive as seen from all workstations, including the peer-to-peer server.

Create a folder on the server called something convenient (Adagio, Acctg, money )and map it to a drive letter that you can use on all systems. Install Adagio there, using custom install and checking the "workstation files" option.

Do the workstation install on the other systems.

#9692 - 08/16/07 01:51 PM Re: installing on network [Re: ]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
OK so if you are installing to a 'peer-peer' network (the 'server' is actually a workstation), then the rules change a bit as for procedures, but not much. This information is very important to know for us to give the best answers.

The problem is that Adagio is sensitive to the drive letters - when the program is installed, you chose to install to the C drive, local to that machine. But when you go to another machine to run the workstation setup, you are not opening files on a C drive, but a different letter, mapped to C drive on the 'server' machine.

First, uninstall the Adagio program(s) from the workstation.

Next, you need to create a new drive mapping on the workstation that will have the Adagio Programs installed to. The purpose is to have all workstation see the location of the Adagio programs and data on the same drive letter (say G, for example). You have to substitute this drive G for the local root C drive on this station only. All other workstations would see this computer as drive G.

When installing the Adagio programs, don't install to the C drive (C:\softrak\...) but instead this substituted drive (G:\softrak\...). And on the other workstations, look on the G drive for the workstation setup applications (as per Ralph's comments above).

The only difference in your environment is to substitute a drive letter for the local C on the workstation that will have the programs and data.

#9693 - 08/16/07 01:55 PM Re: installing on network [Re: Ralph Allan]
Anonymous
Unregistered

So what I'm going to do is setup the adagio on the server or third computer, then I will install it on the other 2 computers aswell (I will also install the lan packs on both computers) then I will transfer our exhisting Data directory over to the server and setup the directorys on both computer to retreive there information from that directory. dose this sound like it will solve my problem?

P.S. we have paid over $20 000 for this software and the support its getting a little expencive concidering a adagio consultant charges $100/h.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 94 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1847 Members
5 Forums
14239 Topics
69735 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18