Topic Options
#66715 - 08/20/21 11:19 AM Wish List Request for Order Entry - Backorders
JWH Offline
John Hancock, CPA

Loc: London, ON
FWIW we are hoping the next release with OE contains the ability to create a document filter to distinguish orders that have been fully shipped (not invoiced) or partially shipped (again not invoiced but items on backorder).

I have tried unsuccessfully to create a filter to show orders on the grid that have backorders without any luck. We have created a workaround for now to put a flag switch in a header field not used so that we can distinguish which orders or fully shipped and those that are not. The issue with this workaround is if the user forgets to enter in the designated field we won't know.

Secondly, the ability to auto invoice said orders that are not fully shipped without it invoicing the full order amount.

If you have any suggestions in the meantime I am all ears.

#66716 - 08/20/21 11:46 AM Re: Wish List Request for Order Entry - Backorders [Re: JWH]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hello JWH,

A filter based on Item Details instead of Document Header fields is a very large request.

I suggest that you change tools. GridView will allow you to report on Header and Detail fields.

#66718 - 08/20/21 01:26 PM Re: Wish List Request for Order Entry - Backorders [Re: Softrak Support]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
I second Softrak. This is what GridView is for.

Steve

#66722 - 08/22/21 12:52 PM Re: Wish List Request for Order Entry - Backorders [Re: Steve Schwartz]
JWH Offline
John Hancock, CPA

I don't think the client is going to invest in Gridview for this one issue.

We have "resolved" the issue for now by getting them to use a designated field on the header screen to indicate the order is not fully shipped.

Arguably the bigger issue/request is the auto invoicing feature not invoicing the backorders.

#66782 - 09/09/21 10:39 AM Re: Wish List Request for Order Entry - Backorders [Re: JWH]
Brian Stief Offline
Waterloo Guy

Loc: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
I also second the recommendation to use Gridview. I honestly cannot understand how any client using Adagio Inventory and Order Entry would not be using Gridview for ad hoc queries.

Gridview should be a given essential solution for this issue and think of all the other solutions that this could benefit this client site installation.

We completely agree that autoinvoicing is a poorly conceived feature when it only allows auto invoicing of ordered qty. Like who in the real world invoices ordered quantities instead of shipped quantities? Like no one.

Changing the auto invoice to invoice the shipped qty should be an urgent priority to rush to an OE service pack release.

If you are looking for a shortcut to autoinvoice the ordered qty instead of manually adjusting the shipped qty, then consider importing the ordered qty as shipped qty which is easy enough to do. Or look at Link2Systems' new PickItLink solution that writes back the verified picked/shipped quantity directly back to Adagio Order Entry open orders (in real time), and sets the ready to invoice flag to Invoice. The PickItLink runs on Android tablet(s) and almost eliminates the invoicing job function in Adagio Order Entry, if you are looking for the payback. Touch screen sorting and colour filters that tell you what orders can be picked complete, partially picked, or not able to be picked because of inventory quantities are not on hand. Serious improvements in warehouse picking efficiency.

Best,
Brian

#66789 - 09/09/21 11:37 AM Re: Wish List Request for Order Entry - Backorders [Re: Brian Stief]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Hi Brian

I will explain to you why a client using IC and OE would not be using GridView - their consultant isn't comfortable using it and doesn't want to look stupid.

A client almost never tells their consultant they want GridView. It almost always goes the other way.

GridView allows me to be an effective consultant. Period. It offers the best value of any module in the Adagio suite.

I give classes in GridView regularly via Zoom. Any consultant that wants to attend should contact me.

Steve

#66797 - 09/13/21 01:54 PM Re: Wish List Request for Order Entry - Backorders [Re: Steve Schwartz]
JWH Offline
John Hancock, CPA

Steve,

You are correct I am not comfortable in using GridView. I have always used Crystal Reports which has worked just fine over the years. As for looking stupid well that happens all the time with me so nothing new there.

As I previously posted GridView will not resolve the issue we are having here. GridView making me more effective? Probably but not in this case.

I am in complete agreement with Brian that the auto invoice feature and having the ability to invoice only shipped quantities is a feature that needs to be added to the program as soon as possible. The filter we have been trying to devise would be essentially moot if the auto invoice feature had this facility.

Now as for your GridView classes I would like to find out more about this since I will agree I should be using it more.

Scott

#66798 - 09/13/21 02:07 PM Re: Wish List Request for Order Entry - Backorders [Re: JWH]
JWH Offline
John Hancock, CPA

And to follow up the previous post for Support. I am not asking you to give me item detail information as it pertains to the filter.

If you could include the 'Subtotal' amount from the header as an option I am thinking that would win the battle. It would appear to me after doing some looking that being able to use the pure subtotal amount (no taxes) and compare that back to the "Order amount" than if they don't match we know there is a backorder on this order.

#66808 - 09/20/21 03:54 PM Re: Wish List Request for Order Entry - Backorders [Re: JWH]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Hello Scott,

First of all, I appreciated your self deprecating humor about GridView. I have days like that myself...

When items are shipped on an Order, taxes are calculated. A comparison based on Total Order value and Total Dollar value is not going to help you.

#69171 - 01/25/23 08:17 AM Re: Wish List Request for Order Entry - Backorders [Re: Softrak Support]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Hello JWH,

The OrderEntry 9.3B (2022.12.07) Upgrade just released has an Auto-invoice method of: Shipped quantity AS IS.

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1846 Members
5 Forums
14230 Topics
69689 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20