Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#65779 - 03/11/21 09:06 AM Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225)
JWH Offline
John Hancock, CPA

Loc: London, ON
We updated a client to the latest Ledger re the subject and one of the workstations is experiencing the following error when trying to print (any Ledger report) either to "Preview" or directly to the print option as per the attached file.

Again this is the only workstation having the issue. The workstation in question does not receive this message when trying to print in any of the subs - only Ledger.

Any suggestions?

Attachments
Adagio printer error.pdf (155 downloads)

#65780 - 03/11/21 09:44 AM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: JWH]
Bruce Gardner Offline
Adagio Wizard

Loc: Toronto ON, Canada
Hi Scott:

The error message is "Invalid printer specified". Which printer is the default report printer for GL? If you try different printers, do you get different results?

#65781 - 03/11/21 10:03 AM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Bruce Gardner]
JWH Offline
John Hancock, CPA

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your response. I am waiting for answers to those very questions. Just thought I would post in the meantime to see if anyone had any suggestions or are experiencing this.

I am going to have them check to see what their Workstation Setup options are set to if it is set to "Default". If it is I will have them switch it to "Specific" to see if this makes any difference.

I did see a post from Andrew a few years back on this for length of network printer name being too long but this theory goes out the window, IMO, if they can print in the subledgers without issue.

Thanks for your input and will post more when I know.

#65782 - 03/11/21 10:43 AM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: JWH]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Scott,

I received one other support email today from a user that they just installed the Ledger update and are getting this error when printing Ledger reports to a particular Network-connected printer. Only for Ledger. And no error when printing to a locally connected printer. I have no other specifics to add to this, and have tried to start the ball rolling with R&D as to potential meanings and reasons for this error, apart from the obvious. Perhaps if it can be verified for your client that this is the case for them as well, maybe how the printer is connected to the network matters (or maybe it doesn't).

The thread refers to the (2021.02.25) release of GL93B. Are you aware whether the initial Ledger 93B release was installed and had the same scenario?

I currently am not connected to a network printer (due to our office move), so I cannot verify or duplicate this particular scenario at this time. I can print Adagio Ledger reports to my local printer at home, where I am, accessing the office through a RDC. This is a 'more complicated' scenario than simply printing to a local printer while in the office, but I understand this is not the same as a network printer.

I look forward to hearing more about is happening (from all parties).

Perhaps a workaround for now as we all try to figure this out is to print the Ledger reports to the AdagioV3PDF driver, then print the PDF to the specified printer.

Edited by Softrak Support (03/11/21 11:09 AM)
Edit Reason: more info

#65788 - 03/11/21 02:38 PM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Softrak Support]
JWH Offline
John Hancock, CPA

Thanks support for your input. I am in waiting mode as the user in question doesn't have a set time to go into the office at this time because of COVID so hopefully that is sooner rather than later.

Will keep you posted when I hear and can answer Bruce's questions and yours.

#65792 - 03/12/21 10:13 AM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: JWH]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Hi Scott,

A question I should have asked yesterday is whether the site experiencing this problem has either BankRec 9.3A or Inventory 9.3A or Payables 9.3B installed. These are the only other two applications that have installed the Crystal Reports runtime version 25 and the AdagioV3PDF printer driver. If they have any of these programs in use, please try printing a report to the specified printer from one of these to see if this works or not. I'm going to presume that this does work, otherwise we would have heard of the problem at that time.

If none of these programs have yet been installed, then installing Ledger 9.3B would have put these in for the first time. My understanding from R&D is that the Crystal Reports runtime is the culprit in not being able to recognize the printer, for completely unknown reasons. (FYI we have seen these errors in previous versions of Crystal runtime, not just SP 25).

Can you confirm that the AdagioV3PDF printer driver was successfully installed on the workstation(s) having the Ledger report printing problems? Can you 'print' to this driver from anything (including say Word)?

The last two instances of people reporting this problem to us (in 2018, for AP) also happened to be for Sharp printers, with the driver having PCL6. I don't know if this is a coincidence or not. Maybe you could try temporarily connecting one of the printers that work via the network, to satisfy that it's the printer/driver and not the network access.

#65798 - 03/13/21 10:25 AM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Softrak Support]
JWH Offline
John Hancock, CPA

Thanks Support for the post. I will find out on Monday the answer to your questions.

They are using Payables V9.3B and have been for quite some time since it was released. As I mentioned in a previous post this only happens in Ledger and does not happen in any of the other modules which includes Payables, Receivables and Time & Billing, all of which are at the latest version and service pack/hot fixes, for those modules.

I will be in contact Monday as mentioned and get back to you on these questions.

#65803 - 03/15/21 01:48 PM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: JWH]
JWH Offline
John Hancock, CPA

Hello Support,

I was out at said client this afternoon and here are my findings:

1. As previously mentioned this printer error only happens on one workstation and only in the Ledger. The error does not happen in any of the subs. As per your request I testing printing from Payables since it uses the V25 Crystal Runtime Engine and no problem whatsoever. As a note the Workstation Option setting in Payables for "Reports" was set to "Default".
2. The AdagioV3PDF was installed and I could successfully print out of Word.
3. When I log into the Ledger database if the Workstation Option setting is set to "Default" then printing either to Preview or Printer the error occurs.
4. If I change the Workstation Option setting to "Specific" and denote printer "XXXXX_HP4250" - Model LaserJet 4250 PCL6 (61.74.561.43) the error appears again either to Preview or Print.
5. If I change the Workstation Option setting to "Specific" and denote printer "HP LJ P4010_P4510 Series PCL 6" - Model Samsung Universal Print Driver PCL 6 all is good and no error. We can even print without issue to the "XXXXX_HP4250" printer.
6. If I change the Payables Workstation setting to "Specific" for either printer no issue.
7. In each of these tests the "XXXXX_HP4250" is setup in the Control Panel as the "Default" printer.

So clearly Ledger hates this one specific printer yet the subs are "OK" with it.

Anyway for now we have set the Workstation Option setting to "Specific" and to the non default printer "HP LJ P4010_P4510 Series PCL 6" and all is good at this point.

Thanks for any suggestions or follow ups.

#65806 - 03/15/21 02:51 PM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: JWH]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Hi Scott,

Thank you for the research.

Can I confirm point 1 - you said only one workstation for Ledger. Do you mean to say that other workstations can successfully print from Ledger to that HP4250 Printer? If this is true, that makes the situation that much harder to pinpoint. Perhaps printer-driver related.

I forgot to ask earlier - does this client use MultiCurrency? If so, what is their MultiCurrency Printer setting in Workstation options? For Ledger, some reports print to a Legal Landscape layout, that uses a different printer selection than 'standard' reports.

#65811 - 03/16/21 11:31 AM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Softrak Support]
JWH Offline
John Hancock, CPA

Hi Support,

Thanks for the response. You are correct other workstations can print successfully to the printer in question. So you are right the only thing would be the driver but I did not check the driver on the "successful" workstations. I would have to get back to you on that one.

No multicurrency is not used.

FWIW and I didn't mention this yesterday but the workstation in question is Windows 7 Pro SP1. This might explain a few things. Not sure.

So for the time being or all time we are going to setup the Workstation Options setting to "Specific" and set to the other network printer where there is no error. We get the best of both worlds on this setting. One, no error and two we are still able to print to the "bad" printer just have to hit the Setup button when we do.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1846 Members
5 Forums
14234 Topics
69701 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20