Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#66252 - 06/03/21 12:28 PM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Softrak Support]
Dan_Desautels Offline
Adagio Maestro

Loc: Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Hi Doug,

Support's comment contradicts your answer. They also reference AP using V3PDF at other points in this thread.
Originally Posted By: Softrak Support

I do not have the error in JobCost or Time&Billing, applications that have not yet been moved over to use AdagioV3PDF and AdagioODBCv3. This might not be coincidence. Maybe this explains why Ledger and BankRec and Payables are seeing this problem and other apps are not.

Although, I suspect the printer driver could be an issue, my question still stands about why AP doesn't have an issue.

#66253 - 06/03/21 12:30 PM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Softrak Support]
Dan_Desautels Offline
Adagio Maestro

I'd also like clarification on this post. What are the "recent upgrades" that were edited? Because I've seen other online posts about issues with Crystal and RPT reports having to be edited or recreated to get around this issue.
Originally Posted By: Softrak Support

In some recent upgrades/releases, we edited every report in the application to save AdagioV3PDF as the default printer on the RPT files, to try and ensure that on the initial load of the Crystal report, the printer driver exists on the client's workstation.

#66254 - 06/03/21 12:49 PM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Dan_Desautels]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Dan,

I cannot with 100% confidence answer your question why AP does not have an issue. If it is 93B then I might have expected it to, based on other criteria previously discussed. I concur with Doug that this scenario is either AdagioV3PDF or Crystal SP 25 or both. I was mistaken in bringing ODBCv3 into this conversation, as R&D pointed out to me.

I say 'recent releases' meaning upgrades from about Aug 2020 an on, not SPs or HFs. It looks like Payables has not yet had this treatment. Perhaps this is an important consideration for this error, and a difference that means Doug's suggestion is not a contradiction.

The reason for updating all of our reports to assign AdagioV3PDF is that we assume that it gets installed correctly to the workstation, and will exist for all users. Whatever printer driver that R&D uses when they create/modify reports certainly won't exist for all users.

As I indicated earlier in this thread, I also was able to replicate the Invalid Printer Error for some Adagio programs and not others. For both Print and Preview. Older ones don't have the problem for me. The root cause is likely different for me than for your clients, as you indicated, but they might somehow be related to how Crystal is reacting to it - such as Crystal not finding the expected printer driver on the workstation for whatever esoteric reason.

I've brought this up with R&D but to date do not have a known specific cause nor a solution.

I suppose nobody else has the same exact scenario as me, but for the record, Google told me that because my home local printer is a USB printer, the Microsoft Easy Print driver that gets set up via Remote Desktop Connection does not know how to properly redirect print jobs from my remote location to home (include Word and Outlook). Google also told me I have to install the printer driver that I use at home onto my remote computer at work. I'm not IT-savvy enough to know all the whys here.

#66256 - 06/03/21 02:07 PM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Softrak Support]
Dan_Desautels Offline
Adagio Maestro

Hi Support,

Thanks for the detailed response. I'll report back when I get time to investigate further on the printer drivers.

#67802 - 02/16/22 11:18 AM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Dan_Desautels]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
I am bringing this back to life because a client is now experiencing the printing problem with their Sharp printer, immediately following an upgrade to Payables 9.3C I did last week. Not coincidentally, they experienced the problem back in June 2021 right after I installed Ledger 9.3B. It's happening on all workstations and for all modules.

I'm re-reading the thread and I don't see a resolution, just a workaround to point to a different printer.

What do I tell them - they can print to PDF and the print the PDF to the Sharp printer outside of Adagio, which proves that it's not the printer itself. I don't remember how it was resolved last June.

Steve

#68602 - 09/13/22 01:38 PM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Warren Karges Offline

Loc: Waterloo, Ontario
I also have a client with a sharp printer that has started to get the invalid printer message in almost all their modules after upgrades were installed. It is a sharp MX 2640N and they are using the PCL6 driver.

It's a fairly expensive printer that fulfills several roles so they do not want to replace it. It has no issues with any other software they use and worked fine in adagio prior to updates.

Job Cost doesn't have the issue but the other modules do, I think it's any module that was upgraded to ODBCV3 that is affected but not 100% sure.

If they select a different printer, the reporting works across the board.

Sharp's most recent driver for the model in question is from 2015 so it is of no help. Making the name of the printer "Sharptest" didn't help. They have a functional V3PDF driver installed and are using the most recent BR hotfix as well.

They can preview by making their default reports printer any other printer. They can even print to the sharp from the preview itself, but if the sharp is the selected printer, then none of the reports will print or preview and they see the invalid printer error.

#69957 - 07/18/23 12:51 PM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Warren Karges]
Samuel Kopstick Offline
Adagio Virtuoso

Loc: GTA & North America (Remote Su...
This is still an issue.

I upgraded a client to the current versions one day ago.
Now we cannot print or preview within Adagio from their Sharp MX-3070N.

Terry (Tech Support) tells me there is no solution at this time.

Has anyone come up with a work-around to print to the Sharp printer?

#69958 - 07/18/23 01:20 PM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Samuel Kopstick]
Dan_Desautels Offline
Adagio Maestro

Sam,

Two options:
Client sets their default printer in Windows to a different printer. Then they will have to preview reports in Adagio and change the printer from the print preview window if they want to print to the Sharp. The Print button in the preview window gives you the option to change the printer.

Or, set the workstation options for Reports in each module to print to a different printer or PDF printer. Then the same print preview is required to be able to change the printer to the Sharp.

Second option is better if the client prints from other programs to the Sharp often.

#69961 - 07/18/23 02:57 PM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Dan_Desautels]
Samuel Kopstick Offline
Adagio Virtuoso

Loc: GTA & North America (Remote Su...
Dan - thank you for your advice.
The client is still printing cheques. Hopefully, we will be able to use the Preview strategy also for this.

#69964 - 07/18/23 07:39 PM Re: Error Message - Ledger V9.3B(210225) [Re: Samuel Kopstick]
Dan_Desautels Offline
Adagio Maestro

Sam,

The Sharp printing issue should not affect printing cheques. The issue has to do with Crystal Reports having an issue loading the Sharp printer drivers when loading a report. Since cheques don't use Crystal, they should be fine without the workaround. That's why I said you should only need to set the workstation options for reports.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 43 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1846 Members
5 Forums
14224 Topics
69655 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16