Topic Options
#48030 - 11/19/15 07:25 AM OrderEntry 9.2A - emailing strategies
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
My client prints each invoice directly after posting the invoice.

Some of their customers prefer getting an emailed copy, and some prefer a printed copy.

For the ones that prefer a printed copy, the client prints out 4 copies - Customer, File, SalesRep, and Office. For the ones that prefer an emailed copy, the client also needs to print out the last 3 copies - File, SalesRep and Office.

I have designed two invoice specs - a 4-part one and a 3-part one. The default spec under Workstation Options is the 4-part one.

The client is OK with having to go through the motions of printing twice for an email customer - once (using the default) to send the email and then a second time (switching to the 3-part spec) to print the other 3 copies.

My question is - how can my client tell easily which way the customer prefers to receive their invoice so they know what motions to go through? I can flag the Preferred Send Method field in the Invoices tab of Edit Customers, but it's not available anywhere on the invoice printing dialog, and isn't even a field I can drop onto the Invoice grid in OrderEntry.

Unless someone comes up with a better idea, I am going to use the Fax Send Method box - ticking it if they prefer emailing, leaving it unchecked if they prefer printing. It displays on the invoice printing dialog. But this is a pretty ugly workaround.

Any ideas?

And even though they are OK with having to make two passes at printing for email customers, is there a way (without using PrintBoss) to do it in one step?

Thanks

Steve

#48031 - 11/19/15 08:03 AM Re: OrderEntry 9.2A - emailing strategies [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
If you are not using Styles for some other purpose, then you can color the customer based on their preferred send method.

Make it a five part form and set the invoice email for those customers who do not want emails to an email address that gets automatically deleted ("auto-delete@softrak.com"). Those customers who do not want the printed copy, have a field in their record that says "Recycle this page" and print that on the printed invoice in 72 point font.

However, why don't you want to use PrintBoss? This is exactly the kind of forms handling problem it was designed to solve.Your client will see an immediate return on the investment with fewer errors and simpler invoicing procedures.

#48032 - 11/19/15 08:20 AM Re: OrderEntry 9.2A - emailing strategies [Re: Retired_Guy]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Hi Andrew

I like your idea of building a Document Filter using the Preferred Send Method. But it's not an available field. I've pointed that out to Softrak at least a year ago.

I hesitate to recommend PrintBoss for two reasons - 1) the total cost will be at least $1,000 and I can think of many alternate recommendations that would be better ROI for this client. 2) PrintBoss introduces a level of complication that makes printing issues harder to troubleshoot, so the pain has to be significant.

I thought of a better idea myself. Instead of using the Fax Send Method, I'm going to use the Email Send Method. I don't know why I didn't think of that before.

Steve

#48040 - 11/19/15 09:22 AM Re: OrderEntry 9.2A - emailing strategies [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
You can also choose the default spec to use on the customer record.

#55944 - 01/05/18 11:05 AM Re: OrderEntry 9.2A - emailing strategies [Re: Retired_Guy]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hello Steve,

Adagio OrderEntry 9.3A (2017.12.04) has enhanced options for selection:
Print functions for Order Confirmations, Picking Slips, Invoices, Credit Notes and RMAs if used allow you to select and send/print to multiple Send Methods (Printer, PDF, Email) simultaneously. The Print, Email, ePrint and Fax buttons on print dialogs have been replaced with a single button called Send/Print. Allows you to quickly print and email a document in one operation.

OR... you can select the option to 'Match preferred send method' for Order Confirmations, Invoices, Credit Notes and RMAs.

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 77 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1847 Members
5 Forums
14239 Topics
69736 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18