Topic Options
#50005 - 05/18/16 12:22 PM Request: Make OE Reference an editable field
Samuel Kopstick Offline
Adagio Virtuoso

Loc: GTA & North America (Remote Su...
Client called – posted an OE invoice with 25+ lines & many comments.
Reference # was either incorrect or missing.

I showed them how to Copy the Invoice and add the Ref #, & then apply a Cr Note to the invalid invoice.
But it would have so much more appropriate to just edit the Reference field (as we can with other editable fields).

#50006 - 05/18/16 01:11 PM Re: Request: Make OE Reference an editable field [Re: Samuel Kopstick]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Samuel,

The reason why the Reference field is not editable is because it is used as an Index within Historical Orders, and also for lookup to determine if a reference number was duplicated. Editing this value would likely cause data integrity errors.

Our goal with the ability to edit OE invoices and credit notes is to allow editing only those fields that will not affect accounting (such as amounts or values linked to the GL department), reporting (such as salespersons, for commission) and integrity-based values (such as reference or document number).

#53262 - 04/03/17 11:57 AM Re: Request: Make OE Reference an editable field [Re: Softrak Support]
Samuel Kopstick Offline
Adagio Virtuoso

Revisit this issue.

The client contacted me & sent me an email. Here is exactly what he wrote me:

I seriously want to voice a concern request for Adagio to change the software to allow certain changes.
It is a PAIN IN THE REAR when we make a mistake on a PO #, not for us to be able to change and resend the invoice.
It is a huge disappointment to me and I want to know how to get it changed.

This issue is in OE. They sent the Invoice to their Customer with an incorrect PO. The Customer refuses to pay until they modify the Reference/PO # and resend the Invoice.

In order to do this, the only way I can think of making this happen is to Credit the Invoice & reissue the Order & create another Invoice, all with the same date.

Notwithstanding that this is an indexed field, can you not still allow for editing the field (and of course, maintaining the index)?

I know that this may take some doing, but in my mind, the client is asking for something that sounds reasonable and unfortunately happens. This would be a nice enhancement.

#53264 - 04/03/17 12:31 PM Re: Request: Make OE Reference an editable field [Re: Samuel Kopstick]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
It's planned for the next Upgrade to OrderEntry.

#53265 - 04/03/17 12:46 PM Re: Request: Make OE Reference an editable field [Re: Retired_Guy]
Samuel Kopstick Offline
Adagio Virtuoso

Glad to hear!
I am sure that my client will be pleased as well.
Thanks.

#55952 - 01/05/18 11:58 AM Re: Request: Make OE Reference an editable field [Re: Samuel Kopstick]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hello Sam,

Adagio OrderEntry 9.3A (2017.12.04) has been updated to address this.

Allowable editing fields in the Company Profile, Processing Options tab now include the: Notes, Reference and Salesperson (Sales or Sales Commission reports will not change after the fact).

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18