Topic Options
#50966 - 09/09/16 12:08 PM YTD Statistics
Accounting Offline
Adagio Fan

Loc: Prince George
How do I show my YTD Stats to relect only this fiscal, and LY to reflect only last year's stats? I was initially showing two years ago data in LY, so I closed of the period for the fiscal end for LY, and now my current years stats are showing in LY, with zero showing for current year stats.

#50967 - 09/09/16 12:14 PM Re: YTD Statistics [Re: Accounting]
Accounting Offline
Adagio Fan

Alternately, if I completely messed up my stats and the dates it is calculating on, is there a file in my back up that deals just with the stats that I can replace my current file with, so I can go back to the way it was when I did my backup last night?

#50968 - 09/09/16 12:44 PM Re: YTD Statistics [Re: Accounting]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Current Year and Last Year statistics, for both customers in Receivables, and vendors in Payables, are determined by the timing of running Year End Processing. Whenever Year End is run, the Current Year statistics get moved to the Last Year values, and then are reset to zero for the new year. Every time a transaction is posted, it updates the appropriate YTD statistic fields. Period End processing should not affect YTD or LY statistics at all, only the Period to Date values.

These values are stored on the customer record directly, and I would advise against restoring just the customer data files from a backup.

Customer statistics can be edited or imported, if you set the Company Profile to allow editing statistics. If you wish, you could open your data backup, export all the desired YTD and LY statistics to Excel (from the Export Customers process), and then import this file into today's data using the Import Customer process.

Another option is to purchase the 3rd Party add-on program, the 'Adagio Toolkit' from Dakota Software, and the particular process to Recalculate Customer (or Vendor) Statistics. This process is easier to do, and determines the statistics values from transaction dates rather than the timing of running Year End, but of course costs extra to buy. If you rely on these statistics values, the Toolkit add-on is worth considering.

#50970 - 09/09/16 02:21 PM Re: YTD Statistics [Re: Softrak Support]
Accounting Offline
Adagio Fan

Thanks!! I have Toolkit (for the g/l) and absolutely love it. I will look at these options you provided.

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18