Topic Options
#48437 - 01/04/16 11:48 AM Internal Error: [2018] field number invalid
Eric Goldman Offline
Adagio Fan

Loc: North Brunswick, NJ
I am trying to run a Vendor List and Statistics report in Payables 9.2A. I am receiving a "Internal Error: [2018] field number invalid" message. There is only one other person at my firm that uses Adagio and that person is not getting the error when running this particular report.

I searched the forum. This issue last came up in 2012. The poster said that when she re-booted, the problem went away.

In my case, I have hard re-booted twice and run two data integrity checks. However, I am still getting the error message.

#48443 - 01/04/16 01:12 PM Re: Internal Error: [2018] field number invalid [Re: Eric Goldman]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Eric,

The '2018' error refers to an invalid field number, usually in an index. This would seem to indicate a problem with the data, but the integrity check is passing for you, and the report works for another workstation in your office.

This might point to something missing or not up to date on your workstation. Though we don't have any other reported instances of this error in Adagio Payables, so I don't have anything specific to provide. Since another workstation appears to be OK - assuming the report is printed using the same options and data as you - try running the System Status utility from the Help menu to see if anything obvious errors appear for your workstation.

Do you get the same error when choosing different options for the report - such as just the 'Address only' or 'Profile' section and no other? Perhaps the problem is only happening when printing specific information. If you can narrow down when the problem specifically occurs when particular option(s) are selected, that would make it easier to suggest a solution.

I believe this report uses a temporary work file that gets saved to your local Windows Temp directory. You might need to clean out your Temp directory in case some file got left behind and did not get purged correctly.

#48449 - 01/04/16 01:58 PM Re: Internal Error: [2018] field number invalid [Re: Softrak Support]
Eric Goldman Offline
Adagio Fan

Loc: North Brunswick, NJ
Hello,

Okay, I figured it out but it's kind of weird.

The error message was appearing because I had 4 "Sort by" entries in the report settings window. As soon as I removed the fourth "Sort by" entry, the report ran fine.

#48455 - 01/04/16 03:54 PM Re: Internal Error: [2018] field number invalid [Re: Eric Goldman]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
No problem. Glad it's better now. And thank you for posting the solution in case someone else runs into this.

I've seen something similar in older versions on rare occasions when the 'remembered report settings' did not convert correctly and incorrect information appeared in the last 'Sort by' field that caused printing the report to fail. A different error occurred then, but I can see why the error you received appeared - because the 'invalid field number' referred to the sort by selection.

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1847 Members
5 Forums
14236 Topics
69711 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20