Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#45533 - 04/28/15 03:14 PM Re: Adagio User with Limited Access [Re: SusanTennier]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Dakota Software has already implemented this, both in a laptop and tablet implementation.

You should come to the AOC and explore the solution with Bob Wisener and the client using the solution who will be at the conference too.

#45534 - 04/28/15 03:22 PM Re: Adagio User with Limited Access [Re: Retired_Guy]
SusanTennier Offline
Adagio Maestro

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Andrew,

As much as we would love to see Bob in Vancouver, it is more than 4,500 km from here. Maybe we can talk on the phone? :-)

#45541 - 04/29/15 10:38 AM Re: Adagio User with Limited Access [Re: SusanTennier]
SusanTennier Offline
Adagio Maestro

I looked into Dakota's products and they are very impressive. Unfortunately, the same as with Adagio OE, you cannot limit it to the customers of a specific salesperson. Maybe Softrak and/or Dakota will consider this option for the future?

#45639 - 05/06/15 10:02 PM Re: Adagio User with Limited Access [Re: SusanTennier]
Brian Stief Offline
Waterloo Guy

Loc: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Hi,

Just to weigh in on this idea, this last suggestion/request by Susan is a great idea regardless of whether the sales rep has inventory at remote locations or not.

In today's realm of remote desktop processing, there are all kinds of scenarios where you could put this filter(security) idea into reality by providing sales reps, as she is suggesting, to enter their own orders remotely and only see their customers and their sales orders.

And further, within OE being able to use the filters to sort or filter orders and be able to actually enter orders when the filter is enabled.

We are already providing clients with the selective Gridviews within Security Groups as Andrew is suggesting would be shown at AOC, which is fairly routine, but the finishing touches for a solution within Order Entry would be to be able to apply filters by say salesreps, that could be used to show just that salesrep's orders and just that salesrep's customers within OE with access to update the order details.

This could be used for agent relationships to enter their orders as well, from customer sites using tablets or IPads with remote desktop access.

Thanks,
Brian

#46565 - 07/17/15 11:48 AM Re: Adagio User with Limited Access [Re: Brian Stief]
SusanTennier Offline
Adagio Maestro

Back to my original question in this thread:

_____

I am setting up a New User who will only need to access OE. Is there a way to remove or hide the "Adagio" drop down that lists all the other Adagio modules from the OE menu?

_____

I followed Ishana's advise and did not create a security group in modules such as Ledger. I also did not install modules such as Ledger on this workstation. The problem is when this user goes to Adagio in the menu and clicks on Ledger, it says,"Before you can proceed, your workstation must be updated........ Do you want to update the workstation now?"

Why is it doing this and how do I stop it? These modules need to be inaccessible for this user. Can anyone help?

#46568 - 07/17/15 12:36 PM Re: Adagio User with Limited Access [Re: SusanTennier]
Dan_Desautels Offline
Adagio Maestro

Loc: Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Hi Susan,

Ishana's advice left out an important detail. You need to have a security group created in each module you want restricted. If there are no security groups at all in Ledger, all users will be able to access the module. It is only when there is a security group such as ADMIN and the user you are trying to restrict has a security group such as CLERK, that it will block them.

I know you can add applications to the menu with Softrak\System\Menus.ini but I'm not sure how to take off Adagio modules.

#46573 - 07/17/15 01:51 PM Re: Adagio User with Limited Access [Re: SusanTennier]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hello Susan,

Using Network Security, remove the user's permission to "see" the Folders for the other modules.

The programs will not appear on the Adagio Menu.

I have confirmed that this works properly on our own system.

#46582 - 07/20/15 06:25 AM Re: Adagio User with Limited Access [Re: Retired_Guy]
SusanTennier Offline
Adagio Maestro

Thanks Andrew. This works great!

#46612 - 07/20/15 12:18 PM Re: Adagio User with Limited Access [Re: SusanTennier]
SusanTennier Offline
Adagio Maestro

Only problem is if we want the user to have access to Gridviews in the "views" menu and "display Items" in the "Inquiry" menu, then we can't remove the permissions on those folders. Also, we can't remove permissions on the Multicurrency folder or it will cause an error when you open OE.

#46615 - 07/20/15 12:53 PM Re: Adagio User with Limited Access [Re: SusanTennier]
Douglas Dickie Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Susan:

What is the harm of users being able to see the Adagio menu? If they pick a module they have no rights to then all they can do is close the module, they can't actually see or do anything else.

As you are discovering, this isn't as straight forward as it would seem.
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
2 registered (Terry Pennock, 1 invisible), 135 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1846 Members
5 Forums
14231 Topics
69690 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20