Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#35182 - 01/23/13 11:55 AM Re: Terminal Services - Ledger not printing [Re: Softrak Support]
JohnK Offline
Adagio Maven

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Thank you for the information.

I noticed that after deleting the profile and running WKSETUP for the modules and logged in with administrstor rights the %ProfilePath%\windows\crystal folder was not created.

I tried running the report and it failed.
I copied the folder in and the report failed again.

What I have not tried is to copy the folder if not present before the failure occurs.

I will post back in a few minutes.

Again, thank you!!!!

#35184 - 01/23/13 12:18 PM Re: Terminal Services - Ledger not printing [Re: JohnK]
JohnK Offline
Adagio Maven

No luck - that was my last guess.

How do we get this solved?

Do I call in our reseller Doug Dickie?

Thanks again for all your help!

#35185 - 01/23/13 01:17 PM Re: Terminal Services - Ledger not printing [Re: JohnK]
JohnK Offline
Adagio Maven

I just created a new user with domain admin rights, copied the Windows\crystal folder in and voila - everything works...

Since I need to retain the user name I need to follow this up some more.

Are there any registry keys written by WKSETUP that I should delete from the terminal server that would belong to just the affected user...

I looked and saw sme stuff in HKEY_LOCAL_USER... - should I kill the Softrak key? will killing the Softrak key for this user make a mess of the other users?

Recap: I delete the profile but that does not seem to yeild the same result as what I get when creating a new profile...

#35186 - 01/23/13 01:20 PM Re: Terminal Services - Ledger not printing [Re: JohnK]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
This is WAY beyond the scope of this forum.

Sorry.

#35187 - 01/23/13 01:26 PM Re: Terminal Services - Ledger not printing [Re: Retired_Guy]
JohnK Offline
Adagio Maven

Thank you sir Bates.

I will engage Doug Dickie at once.

Regards, JK

#35197 - 01/24/13 08:43 AM Re: Terminal Services - Ledger not printing [Re: JohnK]
JohnK Offline
Adagio Maven

Gentlemen,

Upon review of this case I have elected to not seek an at cost solution for what I believe is a vendor related issue.

We will abandon the profile and create another moving the Exchange store and everything required to move forward in this way - a workaround indeed but the burn rate on this issue is unacceptable.

To everyone that pinged up - thank you.

If I stumble into the solution I will ping up.

Again, thank you and,

Cheers, JK

#35198 - 01/24/13 09:41 AM Re: Terminal Services - Ledger not printing [Re: JohnK]
Bruce Gardner Offline
Adagio Wizard

Loc: Toronto ON, Canada
Hi John:
Judging from your postings, I think you’re a reasonable man but in this case I don’t think it’s fair to describe your situation as a “vendor related issue”. Naturally, as a dealer, my viewpoint will be different from yours. But there are so many different operating environments: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and server environments (Windows, Linux even some Novell) plus Terminal Services, Citrix and so on. There are certainly many successful Adagio implementations on Terminal Services. However there are sometimes going to be issues where support from an external, experienced dealer like Doug is necessary (there's my bias as adealer showing up). I also support another well-known accounting product and can say that there are even more frequent “challenges” with the operating environment there.

Having said that, I’m happy that you have a new plan of action in which you have confidence. It would be valuable to hear the results at the end.

#35203 - 01/24/13 01:33 PM Re: Terminal Services - Ledger not printing [Re: Bruce Gardner]
JohnK Offline
Adagio Maven

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your candid reply.

I agree that we view issues from different lenses however our environment is mature and well known and was not problematic until CR8.5 was implemented in the Ledger software.

I believe it is those changes that have me burning the midnight oil and as such I move the onus of responsiblity to the vendor.

Being a programmer from way back (C5.01 days) I fully understand the complexities and nuances and understand and agree that there are going to be issues to be addressed.

However, the fact is that support beyond the limits of this forum are on a fee basis forces my decision to not persue further and to look for alternatives.

I have already invested a substantial effort and being informed that the meter will be running to continue in this discovery makes me uncomfortable.

The problem should be reviewed, solved and posted for all those concerned.

Just my 2c...

Again, thank you all for posting up and,

Cheers, JK

#35207 - 01/24/13 03:05 PM Re: Terminal Services - Ledger not printing [Re: JohnK]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Sorry John. This won't happen for the reasons that Bruce noted. We can only fix what we can replicate, and you yourself have said that printing is working for two of your users and not a third. Some technical issues require the on site presence of an expert.

Your unwillingness to compensate a reseller for their experience and education, both formal and informal, does your employer no service. Even Tiger Woods employs a coach.

#35208 - 01/24/13 03:16 PM Re: Terminal Services - Ledger not printing [Re: Retired_Guy]
JohnK Offline
Adagio Maven

Andrew,

I will let your responce stand for all to view.

Again, thank you to everyone who posted up including you!

Cheers, JK

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18