Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#29738 - 11/12/11 12:12 PM Re: Invoicing hundreds of orders at once [Re: Retired_Guy]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
To make OrderEntry users happy and sell more software?

Right now, EDI add-ons, webstore add-ons, shipment tracking add-ons and other similar products that add value to Adagio do not include a link to Invoices (and these are the users most likely to want to mass invoice). I think it would be much easier for Softrak to add that function to OE than to get the 3rd Party Developers to change their software and then convince users of the value of making the change.

Steve

#29779 - 11/16/11 11:41 AM Re: Invoicing hundreds of orders at once [Re: Nick Sciabica]
MarlonMF Offline
Adagio Guru

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I agree with Steve's last post. And hope that softrak will not see this as a duplicate function. Because Order Entry Module and Invoice Module are two separate modules. Not everyone needs both modules.

The orders that I'm talking about are received via EDI and is posted to Adagio Order Entry. And these Orders are by stores which would be 100s of work orders that is being made. Now, someone needs to create an invoice in Order Entry for it to close the order and take out the Inventory. So, the macro will really help alot in this process. Type in the work order, pre-fill whats needed, user double checks then invoice.

We don't have the Adagio Invoice Module and not sure how Adagio Invoice will help with our current process but I'm trying to avoid to have the user import and export stuff. The lesser module they go to the better.

Edited by MarlonMF (11/16/11 11:45 AM)

#29829 - 11/22/11 02:55 PM Re: Invoicing hundreds of orders at once [Re: MarlonMF]
MarlonMF Offline
Adagio Guru

Invoicing one shipment with multiple order. What do I need to do to make this happen without using third party software? Do I need to talk to someone in Softrak? If so, can someone direct me?

Honestly, this is the only thing that holds me back from upgrading to current version of Adagio. I'm actually tempted to go with other option. But I'm still hopefull that this will be address.

#29834 - 11/22/11 09:12 PM Re: Invoicing hundreds of orders at once [Re: MarlonMF]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hello Marlon,

Since you want someone to check the order, can't they click "Ship all" and OK? Don't you want the orders/invoices to be reviewed before they are invoiced? You can change an order, but you cannot change an invoice.

We have never been able to combine orders onto a single invoice, and our data structure would make that difficult. How would you handle the situation with different sales people on each order? Different Ship to codes? Different tax rules.

We do offer customizations to Adagio to address specific users processing requirements. While I am out of the office at the moment, you can address specific requests to me.

#29835 - 11/23/11 04:32 AM Re: Invoicing hundreds of orders at once [Re: Retired_Guy]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Hi Marlon

If the reason you want to combine multiple orders into one invoice is for the convenience of your customer (i.e. they get one document instead of many), I have done this for another Adagio client. Internally they still create multiple invoices, but using Crystal Reports for Adagio they print out and send a "consolidated invoice", which is actually a report but it looks just like an invoice. Their customer is happy, and it is very little extra work on their part.

If you want more information on this, email me at steve@sschwartzcpa.com

Steve

#29852 - 11/23/11 01:28 PM Re: Invoicing hundreds of orders at once [Re: Steve Schwartz]
MarlonMF Offline
Adagio Guru

Hello Steve,

No, I don't need consolidated invoice. I just need a function that will expedite the invoicing of each work order.

A function that will work something like this:
-User starts with OE open.
-Launches the function.
-The user will be asked to enter the two or more parameters;
EX. Ship Via, Comment 2, Shipment Date and etc.
-Function will launch the shipping routine
-Start invoice routine
-Open order finder and allow the user to enter the order number.
-Populate Ship Via, Comment 2, Shipment Date and etc.
-Select ‘Ship All’
-Have an option to go back to details to change quantity if partially shipped.
-User Select Ok to Invoice order.
-Loop back to ‘Start invoice routine’.
-When finished press the Esc key to stop the macro. This will also clear the variables making the macro ready for the next use.

These orders needs to be close somehow, right?

-Marlon

Edited by MarlonMF (11/23/11 01:29 PM)

#29878 - 11/24/11 12:48 PM Re: Invoicing hundreds of orders at once [Re: MarlonMF]
Douglas Dickie Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Marlon:

The only way to deliver the functionality that you have set out to have someone create this process for you as it is specific to your needs.
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

#29880 - 11/24/11 02:11 PM Re: Invoicing hundreds of orders at once [Re: MarlonMF]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Hello Marlon,

You know, if you just let users edit their entry template in OrderEntry, you can pretty much accomplish what you're trying to do.

Have you tried that? (Entry templates are stored by Group in Adagio OrderEntry.)

Otherwise I would suggest you download one of the many Windows macro languages and experiment with that, or engage Doug Dickie, who has experience in this type of automation, to program a macro for you.

Your requirements are so specific that this would never become part of Adagio OrderEntry.

Sorry.

The original request for this thread is to add the capability to multi-select a range of orders and automatically invoice each of them without operator intervention or confirmation.

#32692 - 07/22/12 06:14 AM Re: Invoicing hundreds of orders at once [Re: Retired_Guy]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Reviving this thread (again)

A prospect who is otherwise ready to buy Adagio needs to be able to mass invoice orders that were imported from his webstore. I had to suggest workarounds, including using Invoices. I really believe the lack of this function in OE is an impediment to providing the best solution and making sales. Since the web orders are all paid in advance, he also wants to import payment information with the orders, but those fields are not available when importing orders (or am I missing something?). They need to be there!

The original poster of this thread is using a product called Shipworks to import his web orders into Adagio, and he is very happy with it. Does anyone have any experience with it, especially the part where it integrates with Adagio? I have emailed him directly, but I figured I would ask the channel.

Steve

#32693 - 07/22/12 06:36 AM Re: Invoicing hundreds of orders at once [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

If we provided this functionality as an add-on for OrderEntry for $1250 instead of suggesting Invoices, would you prefer that approach?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Softrak Support 
Who's Online
1 registered (Terry Pennock), 20 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1846 Members
5 Forums
14234 Topics
69700 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20