Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#32694 - 07/22/12 10:17 AM Re: Invoicing hundreds of orders at once [Re: Retired_Guy]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
If those were the only two options, yes.

I would expect something fairly flexible, with the ability to tag orders from a screen, select from a range, or import from a list. Plus the options to auto-generate a payment and to flag the invoice as printed.

Another feature that would give such an add-on extra value would be the option to select all items on orders with quantities shipped but not invoiced, and invoice them using the same options as above.

OK, now I am going to dream on. In the old DOS program, there was an add-on that allowed a user to "allocate" (ie change to shipped from backordered) items on orders, based on options. The options were to allocate all matching lines or only only up to available on-hand quantities, based on a range of items, orders, and/or customers, order date and/or expected ship date, with an option to give priority to orders that will be completed. Obviously you can see where I am going with this in conjunction to the feature listed above.

I have one client who owns and uses Adagio but still uses the DOS program for this single feature. It would be wonderful to offer them an Adagio replacement.

Steve

#32723 - 07/25/12 08:31 AM Re: Invoicing hundreds of orders at once [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Bob Wisener Offline
Adagio Conductor

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Personally, I'd like to see this feature in OrderEntry, but that's not the only way to get this done. It could exist as a separate utility or something within the Toolkit for Adagio. However it gets done, it's more complicated than just, 'ship all'. There are a variety of strategies and options to consider. There will be no shortage of suggestions.

#32879 - 08/12/12 01:32 PM Re: Invoicing hundreds of orders at once [Re: Retired_Guy]
Brian Puddington Offline
Adagio Ace

Loc: Montreal, Canada
Why not see how many users want this feature. I have one user who would love such a feature. Would they pay $1250 for it? I don't know. It seems like a small add-on to a module for which they already paid $1250, so in terms of perceived value, it will be a hard sell. It is possible that when an end user looks at what he got for his first $1250 - a full Order Entry module, and what he gets for his second $1250 - a new button (albeit with great utility,) there might be some resistance in terms of perceived value.

My client uses Edisoft that integrates with OE but not with Invoices. The client needs to keep track of backorders. I believe that the absence of bulk invoicing limits Adagio's use with EDI and many web store applicaions.

In this thread you have been pushing people in the Invoices direction. Those who either cannot or do not want to go in that direction might react badly if they perceive this to be punitive pricing. $1250 is what we have come to expect as a module price. The only important concept of a module's value is the value that exists only in the minds of the purchasers. At $2400, an EDI-enabled Adagio OE might seem expensive.

#32880 - 08/12/12 07:07 PM Re: Invoicing hundreds of orders at once [Re: Brian Puddington]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hi Brian,

Do you mean $2500 for OE and an add-on?

Of course, it's REALLY valuable for those that need it, and useless for those that don't. It'll save a TON of time, and therefore should be seen as a valuable addition.

As I've said before, expense is a relative term, and of course, your expense is my income!

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Softrak Support 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 88 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1847 Members
5 Forums
14239 Topics
69728 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18