Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#32074 - 06/04/12 12:11 PM Order Entry and Editing Items
doug Offline
Doug Parrington

Loc: Winnipeg
Is it possible when entering an order in Order Entry, to edit an item. In particular, I would like to be able to change the optional cost fields, with out having to open a second Order Entry. I can see what I want to change by pressing the Item button, but that is the "item view", I need an "edit item" button inside the order. I would like to do the same thing for creating quotes in SalesCQ.

Thank you
Doug

Edited by doug (06/04/12 12:18 PM)

#32075 - 06/04/12 01:51 PM Re: Order Entry and Editing Items [Re: doug]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Why not hop over to Inventory and make the change there?

#32085 - 06/05/12 09:17 AM Re: Order Entry and Editing Items [Re: doug]
doug Offline
Doug Parrington

We do hop over to inventory or a second order entry, to make the change. I just thought that because we are already in the order, it would be more effecient to stay in the order and make the changes there, without flipping back and forth and re typing item numbers. Like we can do to with "item view". Because our nonstock items are costed out everytime we sell one, we need to change this every time we sell or quote on a nonstock item. Might not be possible, just thought I would try.

Thank you
Doug

Edited by doug (06/05/12 09:18 AM)

#32086 - 06/05/12 09:40 AM Re: Order Entry and Editing Items [Re: doug]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Huh? Non-stock items always use "User defined costing", and so you will be prompted to enter the cost on the item line. There's no point in entering the cost in Inventory.

#32093 - 06/05/12 10:49 AM Re: Order Entry and Editing Items [Re: Retired_Guy]
doug Offline
Doug Parrington

We use the moving average costing method for all inventory, what we change is the "Difinable Cost 2". For argument sake, lets say I want to correct the spelling in an item description, not just on the order but in inventory as well, or change the vendor item number, or one of the optional information feilds. I was just hoping there was a way to option to allow editing of items from inside an order. The same would be nice for editing customers, updating customer information on the fly.

Doug

#32099 - 06/05/12 12:18 PM Re: Order Entry and Editing Items [Re: doug]
Samuel Kopstick Offline
Adagio Virtuoso

Loc: GTA & North America (Remote Su...
Editing Customers “on-the-fly” is available. When you in an Order in OE, there is a Customer button.

Click the Customer button and the user is in View mode for the Customer.
There is an Edit button that allows us to modify/update the record.

However, note that when you click OK on the Customer screen, the modifications are saved, yet the current Order does not pick up the update.
(At least I have not been able to figure out how to update, for example, the Customer Address on the BillTo/ShipTo tab by updating only the Customer profile. It appears that updates done to the Customer are saved for next time that you access the Customer record. If you need the current OE Order updated also, you have to do it in the Order that you are working on, or cancel the Order and start over.)

#32103 - 06/05/12 12:34 PM Re: Order Entry and Editing Items [Re: doug]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Presumably you have a single item number for your "non-stock item". Move it to a different control account and specify "User defined costing". That's how your issue is supposed to be handled.

The more general comment about Editing information on-the-fly has been discussed. However, it's very difficult to tell whether you are making a change just for the single Order, or you want the change reflected back in the master record (whether we're talking about a Customer or and Item).

#32105 - 06/05/12 12:46 PM Re: Order Entry and Editing Items [Re: Retired_Guy]
doug Offline
Doug Parrington

Thanks Samuel, I was unaware of the edit button, that is exactly like I was looking for the editing customer.

As for the Inventory Items, I was hoping there was a option to do the same thing for inventory items.

Doug

#32116 - 06/05/12 11:27 PM Re: Order Entry and Editing Items [Re: Samuel Kopstick]
Rick McLeod Offline
Adagio Buff

Loc: San Jose, CA
Samual,

With regards to editing a customer within an order, it is possible to refresh the ship-to tab (but not the bill-to tab) within the order. If you bring up a ship-to address and find that the information needs to be updated, click on Customer and edit the ship-to info, close the Customer window and then go to the Bill-to/Ship-to tab in the order. Bring up the drop down list of Ship-to addresses and click on the address a second time. Adagio will load the updated information into the order now.

Rick McLeod
Sunbeam Specialties, Inc.

#32121 - 06/06/12 07:00 AM Re: Order Entry and Editing Items [Re: Rick McLeod]
Samuel Kopstick Offline
Adagio Virtuoso

Loc: GTA & North America (Remote Su...
Rick:
I am using the most current versions of OE & AR (OE8.1E 111215 & AR9.0C 120224).

I am able to update the Ship-To's as you indicate, but they do not come to life while I am in the current Order. I have to first close the Order and restart it to see the update.

I tried it under two separate instances:
1. Customer with no Ship-To's: I added a Ship-To (by using the Customer button) but it does not appear in the Ship-To field in the Order
2. Customer with two Ship-To's: I added a third Ship-To. Here it is even a bit buggy. When I returned to the same Order, Ship-To # 1 and 3 are displayed, but the older #2 is not displayed. (Where did it go?)

In both cases, only when I close the Order and restart it are the new Ship-To's appearing.

You try it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1849 Members
5 Forums
14266 Topics
69836 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20