Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#18405 - 08/21/09 02:50 PM AR9 Tables
Yann Offline
Adagio Scholar

Loc: BC, Canada
Could someone help me with the following.

I am trying to convert a Crystal Report that I created for AR8 to an AR9 Report.

I'm using 2 tables:
ARW10 Current Customer Transactions
ARW10 Customer Information

I am looking for these 2 tables in Crystal but I cannot locate them. I do see ALW90 tables, AP81 tables but there is not AR tables.

I hope someone can shed some light on this.
Thanks
Yann

#18406 - 08/21/09 03:01 PM Re: AR9 Tables [Re: Yann]
Yann Offline
Adagio Scholar

Further to my last post, I'm wondering why ADAGIO.SSI does not show me any of the AR tables anymore.

Thanks
Yann

#18407 - 08/21/09 03:03 PM Re: AR9 Tables [Re: Yann]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Yann,

You should have QRTARW90.QRW, QRTARB90.QRW and QRTARZ90.QRW tables installed. If not, then your Adagio Receivables 90A upgrade has not installed correctly. Should the standard reports print correctly when using Receivables 90A, such as batch listings or customer lists, then the tables are there and the problem lies in the workstation setup, which you should re-do.

If Adagio.ssi doesn't list All tables, then you have a different install problem. You probably should run the CHKSYS.EXE utility to ensure that all the report tables are visible from your workstation.

There is a particular process for converting up reports from the 81A table to the 90A table, involving Aliases. We have this documented on our partner area of the website, so if you don't have access then you can ask your Adagio consultant for this document.

#18408 - 08/21/09 04:30 PM Re: AR9 Tables [Re: Softrak Support]
Yann Offline
Adagio Scholar

Ok,

I think I have figured it out...

First of all my original issue was under Windows 7. Crystal 8.5 did not seem to play nice with it.

I then proceeded to reboot into Windows XP (witch I do not use very often anymore...(o:)

Under Windows XP I did not have AR updated to 9.0 (oops!!!)

Ok, now that I have updated to AR9.0 I can view all the ARW90 tables.

I have tried to recreate the small report that I have that uses the "Customer Transactions" and the "Customer Information" tables but the table wil not link properly in Crystal.

I'm trying to do a join from the CUstomer Number in the Customer Information table to the Customer Number in the customer Transaction transaction table and I get an error: "Invalid file link. Not consecutive index fields."

Can anyone help with this?
Thanks
Yann

#18409 - 08/21/09 04:46 PM Re: AR9 Tables [Re: Yann]
Yann Offline
Adagio Scholar

One more note regarding linking the tables.

I did manage to link the 2 tables together but in reverse.
I linked from the customer transaction to the customer information. I did get a warning but the linked sticked anyway. the warning was that the fields were of different type. Not sure why as they are both string(6).

Only issue with that is
1. it is not the right way of doing things
2. It is very slow as it has to go through all the transactions

#18411 - 08/21/09 05:38 PM Re: AR9 Tables [Re: Yann]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Hi, Yann,

Yes, you do receive the warning when linking from the Transactions to the Information; however, the link does work.

Crystal always reads through all records to evaluate the records before displaying the results.

#18412 - 08/21/09 05:56 PM Re: AR9 Tables [Re: Yann]
BrusW Offline
Casual

Loc: Seattle, WA
Very handy thread -- question asked and answered before I even got here. Thanks!

#18414 - 08/21/09 06:32 PM Re: AR9 Tables [Re: BrusW]
Yann Offline
Adagio Scholar

Thanks for the last reply and I do understand that crystal does read through all the records but if the link was done from the info to the transaction it would be faster since there is less records in the info.

I work with SQL and the way you link your tables is critical when dealing with large amount of data.

Since the customer number is indexed this small query that I am doing should be a lot faster, shouldn't it be?

Thanks for the help
Yann

#18415 - 08/21/09 06:38 PM Re: AR9 Tables [Re: Yann]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Hi Yann,

Doing a one-to-many link (customer to transactions) could potentially be slower than a many-to-one link (transactions to customer) because the transaction file could be re-read multiple times on a one-to-many scenario.

A practical reason for the linking difference is that if you wanted to prit customer that do not have any transactions, you have to drive the report (link from) from the customer master file, as all customers are read that way. If you only want to print the transactions and associated 'customer master' information, such as the name or address, then it is better to drive the report from the transaction file.

#18416 - 08/21/09 07:00 PM Re: AR9 Tables [Re: Softrak Support]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hello Yann,

One of the downsides of moving all the transactions into a single file is that it's much larger (although thisnow allows the creation of some kinds of reports that were previously impossible to create). You might find it faster to use ODBC lInked to Crystal, as it makes slightly better use of indexes than some of the joins in Crystal Reports for Adagio. Generally, you'll want to link on a one-to-one basis for the best performance if you are running the report for all customers.

Enjoy the weekend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18