Topic Options
#17441 - 06/01/09 11:17 AM Purple to adagio upgrade
Bruce Offline
Adagio Guru

Loc: langley
I installed the new PO upgrade on the weekend & it went fine. I notice the existing shortcut points or opens as Purple ver ? not the current upgrade one. The new short cut opens the correct version. They both point to IR.exe in IRWIN . I want to eliminate the purple version totally. can I use the purple uninstall or will this take out additional things I require.
Which files should be removed/saved?
This looks like a full program upgrade that left the original purple intact. By doing a Purple uninstall & a new upgrade again will that fix everything? It will not touch data or existing outstanding PO's?

The drop down menus from within other Adagio modules use or point to the purple version. How do I modify this ? Is there a way to have the drop down menu items within drop downs in alphabetical order?

Thanks Bruce

#17442 - 06/01/09 01:15 PM Re: Purple to adagio upgrade [Re: Bruce]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi, Bruce,

Both Purchase Orders 8.1A and earlier version run the IR.exe program within the POWIN folder.

If Purchase Orders 8.1A was installed to the same path/folder as the original PO installation (eg. x:\Softrak\POWIN), it should have overwritten the original Purple version.

If Purchase Order 8.0A or earlier is installed to a different path than PO8.1A, you should be able to use its uninstall it using the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs program. Then you'll need to remove any residual folder. If you are uncertain about doing this at all, it might be an idea to contact your Adagio consultant.

The drop down menus from withn other Adagio modules will point to the version of PO that exists in the same folder path as they do (eg. if they are installed to x:\Softrak\yywin, they will point to x:\Softrak\POWIN. There really is no way to make the various modules display in alpha order.

#17443 - 06/01/09 04:26 PM Re: Purple to adagio upgrade [Re: Bruce]
Bruce Offline
Adagio Guru

OK so it was installed in IRWIN, I'm not actually crazy which I believe 1/2 the time. I could not use an uninstall on the server or desktop nor the uninstall that is with the program. I deleted the ir.exe & the po dropped off the adagio menu. I re installed the upgrade to where it is intended & was, the softrak\POWIN. It still works fine ...I can go to other adagio modules from with in PO, it did not show up on the OE or other drop down menus so currently it is a one way street.

DO I eliminate the IRWIN entirely? what else uses it? OR
do I install the upgrade to this directory & then live with it there? OR how do I force the adagio system to look in it's home softrak directory for the PO module?

#17448 - 06/02/09 08:04 AM Re: Purple to adagio upgrade [Re: Bruce]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Hi, Bruce,

You should be able to just remove the IRWIN folder. However, before you do, you might want to check to see if the new PO in the \Softrak\POWIN folder is able to use all of the same Req / Order / Receipt specifications that the old one did. If not, do a compare of the contents of the \IRWIN\Reports folder with the \POWIN\Reports folder and copy any files that aren't in POWIN from IRWIN.

Purchase Orders uses the menus.ini which means you'll have to add it to the menus.ini file located in your \Softrak\System folder. Are you able to get a copy of the old file from a prior backup? If so, that would probably be the easiest way to recreate it (ie. add Purchase Orders to it). Of course, you'll want to ensure you edit it using Notepad and change the Program= path to the correct one for your x:\Softrak\POWIN\ir.exe.

Or, you might want to call your Adagio Consultant to give you a hand with this.

#17449 - 06/02/09 08:08 AM Re: Purple to adagio upgrade [Re: Softrak Support]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Bruce,

Another thought, are you and/or Barb coming to our User's Conference in Vancouver on June 21-23rd. For more information, use this link: http://www.softrak.com/aoc2009/enduser/

#17450 - 06/02/09 09:45 AM Re: Purple to adagio upgrade [Re: Softrak Support]
Bruce Offline
Adagio Guru

all done works fine thank you. Tried to reorganize the other menu items to no avail. Must be the install sequence that dictates.

re conference
I will be traveling that week of the conference & Barb didn't see that she would get value from it. It was offered. It may be as much in the fact that she will be off for most of July & wants her work up to date.

#17453 - 06/02/09 04:11 PM Re: Purple to adagio upgrade [Re: Bruce]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hi Bruce,

I'm surprised that Barb felt there would be little value for her. Here are some reasons that she should be coming to the AOC:

• See how the new versions of Receivables and Ledger (and the other modules) can improve your reporting and processing.
  • Improve your budget setting and reporting processes
  • Meet with a developer of a Fixed Asset tracking solution that integrates with Adagio
  • Meet another developer to discuss how to pay all your vendors electronically
  • See how to update you Vendor, Customer and Item codes to reflect a better coding scheme
  • Review and consider the changes in Adagio Receivables V9.0A and what decisions you’ll need to make in planning your conversion? (Given the complexity of your site, this upgrade will need some careful planning.)
  • Discuss moving cash receipting from BankRec to Receivables (a new feature in AR 9.0 and BankRec)?
  • See some cool new Views you can create with GridView?
  • And of course – there will be more, including the opportunity to network with other Adagio users, senior Softrak executives and technical support staff to discuss common issues…

Remember, for the end user conference, the $995 registration fee includes 2 nights at the Hyatt and a dinner ($795 without the hotel). It is only during this conference that are third party developer community is in town so you can find out from them directly how their solutions would improve your processing.

I just wanted to make clear all the topics we'll be covering. I do appreciate that it is easier to go on vacation with all the work caught up!

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1849 Members
5 Forums
14266 Topics
69836 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20