Topic Options
#1663 - 11/21/01 06:31 PM Credit Invoice
Ken A. Offline
Adagio Maestro

Loc: Kamloops, BC
Couple questions regarding A/R and credit Notes.

1. We did a batch, containing both Invoices and Credit notes (all were either generic invoices or generic credit notes). When we printed the entire batch, the account codes showing on the invoices were getting mixed up. To get correct print-out we had to print the invoices or credit notes individually. Did we do something wrong or can this be corrected.

2. On our credit notes the balance outstanding (spec code E66) increases rather than decreases as a result of the credit note amount. What gives?

Thanks,

Ken

#1664 - 11/22/01 11:00 AM Re: Credit Invoice
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Dear Kenaberdeen

You must be speaking of QIWIN or Adagio Invoices, rather than A/R?

1. I cannot duplicate this issue here.
Please indicate what version & release date of QIWIN or Adagio Invoices you are using. (To get this information, while the module is open, click on Help - About. This information is located at the top of this screen. The release date is in brackets.)

When you say 'generic' - what do you mean?
Does the batch listing show you the correct account codes for each document?
Are this newly created invoices and CN's or are they restored from either the Historical or Archive area?
Do you use one AR 'Customer Code' for all these 'generic' documents, or is there some other special method of processing that you use to identify these transactions?

Try doing a Data Integrity Check. If errors are found, perform the Rebuild function, then repeat the DIC to ensure all errors were 'fixed'.

Thank you. Please answer the questions above in another post, and we will try to get a resolution for item #1.

2. Yes - you are correct. We are aware of this problem when using %E66 on the CN. It works correctly in our QIP for DOS version, however, we will be addressing this in a future release of Adagio Invoices. It's funny that nobody has reported this until recently - I suppose the need for this information is minimal, as if you printed several Credit Notes for the same Customer, it would only reflect the changes on the A/R Balance after that particular CN, not the accumulated effect of all documents. You would have to post the CN, then print the next one to reflect true balances (that is, if the %E66 worked as it should for CNs.)

For now, you should omit using this code for your Credit Notes, and likely for your invoices as well to avoid further confusion for your Customers.

When a fix does become available, we will likely put it up on our website. The ptf will be available to all Registered users of the current version of Adagio Invoices. Unfortunately, I have no 'ETA' for this.

Thank you for reporting it.

Regards,
Softrak Support

#1665 - 11/22/01 11:27 AM Re: Credit Invoice
Ken A. Offline
Adagio Maestro

Answer to your questions:

1. version- 6.8A if QI
batch listing showed correct account codes

#1666 - 11/22/01 11:31 AM Re: Credit Invoice
Ken A. Offline
Adagio Maestro

Answer to your questions:

1. version- 6.8A if QI
Batch listing showed correct account codes. The were newly created invoces and CN's. Mulitple 'customer Codes' were used. DIC showed now errors in AR.

With respect to removing the %E66 code from the credit notes, how is this done. When I went into maintain invoices, all i found was the filenames for invoices, not CN's?

Thanks,

Ken

#1667 - 11/22/01 11:58 AM Re: Credit Invoice
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Ken! (Boy, you're quick! )

You should do a DIC on Invoices. To do this:
1. Exit out of AR.
2. Open Invoices.
3. Select File - Check Data Integrity.
4. If the DIC found errors, you can click the Rebuild option to try to fix them, then repeat the DIC to ensure any errors were fixed.

If no errors are found in Invoices, then please answer the rest of my questions in the earlier posting.

Also, when you are referring to Account Codes, I am assuming you are speaking of the Customer Account Codes - ? Or are you referring to ShipTo codes? Please be specific.

To find out which specification you are using for your CN's - go to the Open batch and click on the print button. You should now be at the 'Print batch of invoices' screen. Look at what specification is listed in the 'Credit note spec.' field. This is the description only - not the file name. You will now have to go into the Designer, and open each specification, then go to File - Specification Options to see if this is the correct spec. The name listed in the 'Title' is what you see when you actually go to print the documents.

If you need the specification file itself to be more definitive, once you have the correct CN spec open, just 'Save as' and give it a more understandable file name. (NOTE that this should be an 8-char filename and the 1st 3 characters MUST be "QI$".

Hope this helps!

Take care,
Softrak Support

#1668 - 11/22/01 12:41 PM Re: Credit Invoice
Ken A. Offline
Adagio Maestro

You should do a DIC on Invoices. To do this:
1. Exit out of AR.
2. Open Invoices.
3. Select File - Check Data Integrity.
4. If the DIC found errors, you can click the Rebuild option to try to fix them, then repeat the DIC to ensure any errors were fixed.
NO ERRORS WERE FOUND.
If no errors are found in Invoices, then please answer the rest of my questions in the earlier posting. AMSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS ARE IN MY EARLIER POST (I AM NOT YELLING JUST TRYING TO DIFFERENTIATE MY ANSWERS FOR YOU :-)

Also, when you are referring to Account Codes, I am assuming you are speaking of the Customer Account Codes - ? Or are you referring to Ship To codes? Please be specific.
I AM REFERING TO GL ACCOUNT CODES

To find out which specification you are using for your CN's - go to the Open batch and click on the print button. You should now be at the 'Print batch of invoices' screen. Look at what specification is listed in the 'Credit note spec.' field. This is the description only - not the file name. You will now have to go into the Designer, and open each specification, then go to File - Specification Options to see if this is the correct spec. The name listed in the 'Title' is what you see when you actually go to print the documents. THANK YOU!

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 16 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1850 Members
5 Forums
14283 Topics
69894 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20