Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#15336 - 12/09/08 06:23 AM Re: Inventory Item Valuation report etc. [Re: Softrak Support]
Laura V Offline
Adagio Buff

Loc: Ontario, Canada
thanks for you help. just one question, if you use this export import method, does adagio make up the entries for the differences?

#15344 - 12/09/08 01:00 PM Re: Inventory Item Valuation report etc. [Re: Laura V]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
If you export/re-import a physical inventory reconciliation, the difference between the 'Stock on hand' and the 'quantity on hand' will be posted as an adjustment, when you run the Post Inventory Reconciliation function after the import.

Alternately if you know the quantity difference already, you can simply import an Adjustment function.

One main different between these 2 processes is that importin g a physical inventory allows you to print a report and otherwise verify that the changes are as desired before you officially post the changes to update the quantity. Importing an adjustment batch immediately updates the quantities (and costs, if selected), so you need to be sure of the values before doing this.

Make a backup of your data before running either of these functions.

#15354 - 12/09/08 11:28 PM Re: Inventory Item Valuation report etc. [Re: Softrak Support]
Bruce Gardner Offline
Adagio Wizard

Loc: Toronto ON, Canada
Hello Support:

This is just a footnote to a larger discussion, but are you certain about an imported Adjustment being immediately posted?

Perhaps this is simply a matter of terminology but when I import an IC Adjustment file, it goes into the Adjustment "batch". It's true that it cannot be printed but it can be viewed and edited, even listed with GridView, before posting.

#15359 - 12/10/08 11:19 AM Re: Inventory Item Valuation report etc. [Re: Bruce Gardner]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Sorry, you're correct. Import Adjustments does give you a chance to verify before posting live. I see it was implemented differently than importing Shipments, which definitely does not stop and posts during the import process.

#15360 - 12/10/08 11:50 AM Re: Inventory Item Valuation report etc. [Re: Softrak Support]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
I think you'll find that the adjustments are posted as they are imported, and that if you make a change to the batch you are looking at, then only the change (difference between what is in the batch you are looking at and the new number you've entered) is used to update inventory when you update the record.

#15365 - 12/10/08 09:48 PM Re: Inventory Item Valuation report etc. [Re: Retired_Guy]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
I was wrong. Adjustments go to a batch for review and don't affect inventory until they are posted.

Sorry.

#15395 - 12/13/08 02:30 PM Re: Inventory Item Valuation report etc. [Re: Retired_Guy]
CPS Offline
Adagio Guru

Loc: Antigua & Barbuda
We did stockcount on August 31, 2008. The item valuation report as at August 31 2008 was printed on September 22 2008. What I have noticed is that I have an Average Unit Value, I have the quantity and then I have the actual cost. If I multiply the average unit value by the quantity I do not get the amount reported for actual cost for some items. Further, the average unit value for these same items is way out. If I divide the actual units by the actual cost I get the correct cost per unit.
Another problem is that the stock card shows a different quantity on hand than the August 31st report. I printed it again today for the August 31 2008 date and the particular item I am watching now agrees to the stock card and the average unit value agrees to the correct unit cost. I can not see where any adjustment was done to bring this in line.
Unfortunately there is not report that shows the quantity on hand and valuation after each transaction i.e. shipment, adjustment, receipt etc. I do not have Gridview.
Do you have any idea why the costs and quantity would vary for the same date. Especially when other items have retained the exact information as the earlier printed report.

#15396 - 12/13/08 02:46 PM Re: Inventory Item Valuation report etc. [Re: Softrak Support]
CPS Offline
Adagio Guru

That is similar to the problem I am having. And I must confess to being as confused as Laura is. Each time you print the item valuation report and back date it certain items change for either quantity or average value.

Does changing the stocking unit or category of an item affect the costing. I have one item which has materially changed from an average cost of $2.46 a lb to a negative cost. I have checked all the receipts and adjustments and they were done at the correct cost. The only change I can see is that the category has changed.
Another item costing unit was changed from case to each. The first report gave me a value of $1,660 per case, but the second report is giving me the correct value of $33.46 a case. The actual cost works out correctly.

#15439 - 12/16/08 03:24 PM Re: Inventory Item Valuation report etc. [Re: CPS]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

If you backdate an Item Valuation report, there may have been transactions that have occured for an item between that back date and today. The report takes this into consideration and adjusts the Qty on Hand and Total Cost for the item, to calculate what the Qty and Cost would have been on that older date. In addition, the Avg Unit Cost is calculated as the Total Cost divided by the Qty on Hand.

If you see Costs and Avg Cost change for a backdated report as compared to a report as of Today, there has been at least one transaction between the report date and today.

Note that if any Transactions for an item have been purged out of IC History, or if processes such as Print/Purge the OE Invoice Audit List have not written the transactions to History, then any missing transactions will pretty much guarantee that a backdated Item Valuation report will not have the correct qty and/or cost.

Also if OrderEntry is used, if Day End processing has not been run then this also would give incorrect values for the Item Valuation report.

I would be very surprised to find that changing the Category would affect the costing information, as it only affects GL accounts for costs and revenue.

If you changed the unit of measure on the item, that has a potential of affecting the report, as Historical Transactions may use the previous units. Perhaps take a look at the Stock Card report, which will detail all of the historical transactions for an item between particular dates. The logic behind this report is the same as for a backdated Item Valuation.

#15458 - 12/18/08 08:21 AM Re: Inventory Item Valuation report etc. [Re: Softrak Support]
CPS Offline
Adagio Guru

When you say transactions have occurred would these transactions have included say shipments on an Order Entry invoice. If we had 200 units at August 31, 2008 and we had sales on September 15th 2008 for 50 units. Would the backdated report show 150 units as at August 31, 2008?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Softrak Support 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 43 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1847 Members
5 Forums
14239 Topics
69736 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18