Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#13840 - 07/30/08 09:02 PM Re: specifications options [Re: Retired_Guy]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Everybody should re-read this thread, which I think is related if not identical:

http://www.softrak.com/ubbthreads/ubbthr...;gonew=1#UNREAD

#13841 - 07/30/08 09:37 PM Re: specifications options [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hi Steve,

It's related, but not identical.

Kevin was complaining about the printer changing, Bruce is complaining about the specification changing.

#13906 - 08/06/08 01:42 PM Re: specifications options [Re: Retired_Guy]
Bruce Offline
Adagio Guru

Loc: langley
user A & user B are logging into the same data & the same company. The program is on the server not the desktop. They would have sufficient rights to maintain their individual settings that are set in the OE module. We set user profile for printers & form specification. We share the OE (& all others) modules with branches set up for inventory locations. The other modules don't change or not often but again there are less people going into them. It looks like the joining into an open session causes user A to get user B settings. We are contemplating uninstall & reinstall of the OE as we have tried many other things. What should I watch for on the reinstall, setup or do you have any other suggestions you would like us to try 1st, or confirm in the existing settings?
Thanks

#13972 - 08/12/08 12:43 PM Re: specifications options [Re: Retired_Guy]
Bruce Offline
Adagio Guru

Andrew the printers are what is changing to the most recent login defaults from a different office. The circumstance is identical to that described in Steve's quiry about printers & server.

#13973 - 08/12/08 12:45 PM Re: specifications options [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Bruce Offline
Adagio Guru

Steve we are talking about the exact same thing. Did they get a cure?

#13974 - 08/12/08 01:20 PM Re: specifications options [Re: Bruce]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
No

#13982 - 08/12/08 06:20 PM Re: specifications options [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Bruce Offline
Adagio Guru

we are looking at putting Print Boss in place to cover a different need. It may cure this also but if it doesn't we will be hooped as we need to auto sort the print locations on web orders & having a printer change would be very painfull & expensive.

#13986 - 08/12/08 07:00 PM Re: specifications options [Re: Bruce]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Hi Bruce,

Could you have each of your users go into "File | Options", change something, exit, and go and change it back?

The specifications are stored by user in the registry (now), but they used to be stored in a file called WINOPT.xxx (or something). Perhaps this is why the problem is intermittent.

(Having said that, I'd strongly recommend PrintBoss as a complete solution to a myriad of document handling problems. I would like to try and get to the bottom of what's causing the behaviour you're seeing though).

#13998 - 08/14/08 11:01 AM Re: specifications options [Re: Retired_Guy]
Bruce Offline
Adagio Guru

intermittent is a interesting word. Does that cover daily & multiple times daily?

we have had new users, in the past two weeks set up & we went to a totally fake user with a different server configeration (ask tracey @ berkhart)& they still had printers changing when another user entered the OE module with different defaults in their setup.
I will get everyone to change a printer default & then change them back. will be able to report back in a day or so.
Tracey was suggesting we try to delete OE & reinstall in case of coruption in a file. Because there is a similar situation in the USA I feel this may not be valid. What is involved in cleaning OE at registry level & reinstalling?
Setting up print boss, my understanding is we direct various forms to specific printers & we can put additional qualifiers like postal codes into play. What is in PrintBoss for Adagio that is not in the off the shelf version? FYI If I had to purchase print boss just for this problem I would be screaming.

#14010 - 08/14/08 02:08 PM Re: specifications options [Re: Bruce]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Hi Bruce,

"Intermittent" can also mean that it only gets reported to us from specific sites (not others) and then fades from view. Yours is the first site that has actually documented the sequence of steps that makes the problem occur. Your site is unusual in that you are managing multiple company databases on the same terminal server. We are going to try and re-create that environment here and see if we can figure out what might be happening. One of the upgrades to OrderEntry moved where we stored the information about default specs and printers from a single file for a company to a workstation registry setting. It's possible that some of your workstations are picking up the file setting because their registry has never been updated. As I said, we'll try and re-create your specific configuration and see if we can duplicate the behaviour in a space where we can inspect what the program is doing. I wouldn't bother uninstalling and re-installing OrderEntry. You could edit the file OEWININI.dat and remove the following sections:
Code:
[Invoice]
Printer=
Spec=Invoice: Softrak Style
Start=
Last=zzzzzzzz

[Order Confirmation]
Printer=
Spec=Order: Softrak Style
Start=
Last=zzzzzzzz

[Credit Note]
Printer=
Spec=Credit: Softrak Style
Start=
Last=zzzzzzzz

[Picking Slip]
Printer=
Spec=Picking List
Start=
Last=zzzzzzzz

if you find them. Those sections are no longer used in Adagio OrderEntry V8.1B

Your description of the problem has also raised a problem with the location we are using to store the printer and document defaults. Since these are stored by use (workstation), then there is only a single default for all companies that user references. I think that might be a contributing factor to the behaviour you're seeing.

PrintBoss can send different copies [b]to different printers [i]in different sequences (one by customer, one by invoice number)[/bi] - something Adagio will never be able to do. It can also email copy 1 and print copy 2 and fax copy 3. Very few companies need this powerful document management, but PrintBoss solve virtually all document managing issues for them.

I do understand the hassle this is causing you and appreciate the time you have spent figuring out the circumstances that recreate the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18