Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#13711 - 07/23/08 05:32 PM specifications options
Bruce Offline
Adagio Guru

Loc: langley
We have many users setup in many modules. We currently have a Toronto person training in BC. I went to check her user specified options for printer / forms etc in the OE module (newest version) and she came up with all BC specifications, not the Toronto ones she normally has. Where are the specifications stored? does the user have to be logged into windows as the same user....doesn't make sense to me but neither does the BC stuff being where the Ontario specs were.

Edited by Bruce (07/23/08 05:33 PM)

#13712 - 07/23/08 05:40 PM Re: specifications options [Re: Bruce]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hi Bruce,

The printer settings are stored with the workstation (presumably in Toronto).

#13714 - 07/23/08 05:48 PM Re: specifications options [Re: Retired_Guy]
Bruce Offline
Adagio Guru

my concept is the remote login to the server, we run all adagio from the servers, would keep the specifications tied to the users so they could log in anywhere & be at their desk. If it stores in the windows desktop I can then understand.
What prompted this is actually a different problem that is reported to be only OE. The printers jump around from the preset specifications in the options. They will work mostly & then jump to a different branch totally.

#13715 - 07/23/08 07:06 PM Re: specifications options [Re: Bruce]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Bruce,

I assume this is a connection over a Terminal Server? Are you aware if the connection is being dropped? We have heard of irregularities with default specs and printers (both saved in the Windows Registry by Adagio), outside of Adagio's control.

Here is another thread on the forum regarding this:
Link to posting

#13726 - 07/24/08 11:13 AM Re: specifications options [Re: Softrak Support]
Bruce Offline
Adagio Guru

yes we do use terminal server. The sessions are set at 3 hours so that should never be the problem. The situation happens with OE mostly but that is the most used. The user can be established & printing to the correct local printer via the VPN (the options are set correctly) & then on the next document the program has the wrong printer displayed & if you proceed it will print to the wrong printer. If the user logs out & signs back in just to the module they go back to the correct print setup & it holds until the next time. This happens at our branch offices that are remotely connected but not at the head office where we use the same type of remote connections to the terminal server.
BELOW IS A PROGRAM GLITCH.
We (read you)have a different problem in Purple. the options set up is universal, not user specific. If we have user #1 set a specific printer & then user #2 changes it it changes on the module for all users. Doesn't work the same as the Adagio written program.

#13750 - 07/24/08 10:19 PM Re: specifications options [Re: Bruce]
Douglas Dickie Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Bruce:

To answer your question the settings are stored in the registry for each user. In theory then each user can log into the terminal server from anywhere and get their settings (assumes they have enough rights to maintain their settings in the registry). There are some settings (not sure if OE specs are one of them) that are also stored in the registry with a tag linked to the Adagio login user. For that reason I aways recommend that each user always logs into the terminal server and Adagio with their own unque user id and password (for both Windows and Adgaio).

I agree that Purple PO works differently, unfortunately its not a bug but just that the developers decided to store this information in the INI file rather than the registry. This problem can be overcome with PrintBoss. I don't anticipate that the developers of PO (PurpleSoft) will be changing this anytime soon.
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

#13827 - 07/30/08 01:46 PM Re: specifications options [Re: Douglas Dickie]
Bruce Offline
Adagio Guru

We are continuing to investigate the printers switching. It looks like it happens when a different user enters the module. The OE then picks up the specified printer from the new user. Are we missing a "lock" in our system setup?

#13829 - 07/30/08 02:49 PM Re: specifications options [Re: Bruce]
Ralph Allan Offline
Adagio Virtuoso

Loc: Prince George BC
Could you define a duplicate printer just for use by PO? (Sane driver, just different name,)

Would that at least prevent the problem from "spreading" to the Adagio modules?

#13831 - 07/30/08 03:51 PM Re: specifications options [Re: Ralph Allan]
Bruce Offline
Adagio Guru

Ralph I don't worry about the PO printer. We just know to watch & be sure where we are. the OE printer changing while you are logged in is a pain. You print 6 invoices to the right place ....make no changes , stay in the OE module the next invoice prints in a different branch. someone in that branch had logged into the OE module & the existing users defaults change to the new persons defaults. That's a pain in the butt.

#13839 - 07/30/08 05:28 PM Re: specifications options [Re: Bruce]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hi Bruce,

Does User A ever log into the second company being opened by User B? Also, do the default specifications in each company have the same name (description - set in the Specification Options)? Also, do users ever go into File | Options and change the default specifications?

Thanks for pin-pointing what steps cause the specification to change.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18