Hi Steve,

I do not think this is a matter of agreeing or disagreeing - I think it comes down to differences in what we need Adagio to do.

When something is posted in a month in the subledger for a month which has been closed in the GL the financials are skewed since the subledger does not have the ability to prohibit posting in closed months. This IS problem as once the month is closed in the GL the financials are sent to the bank and published and in Canada it is illegal to modify your financial records once they are published.

The 30 days notification is helpful, however when you have a temporary member of staff who is unfamiliar with all the functions, they will post in previous months as the ledger will still let them.

Closing a month in both the GL and the subledger is a very standard feature.

We are already changing invoice dates we receive once a month has been closed in the GL to a date in the current month in order to ensure our financials in the GL are not skewwed, this has not caused any problems. It does however cause troubles when someone posts something in a previous month as noted above. When doing AP we do have to be concerned with the GL and I find it very unfortunate that Adagio does not have this basic function in order to ensure financials comply with the laws in Canada as this software is sold here.