Hello,

Just wanted to say that I'm with Jenni on this. To my mind, the primary reason for "closing" a perion in GL's Fiscal Caendar is to prevent posting to the period.

I believe that if one has decided to "close" a period in GL, no sub-ledger postings should be allowed to that GL account, including the ability to prevent the posting in the sub-ledgers themselves.

My preference would be for the validation to start at the point of entering a transaction Date (GL and Subs) where not only the "xx Days from today" is checked but the GL Fiscal Period Status in the Fiscal Calendar would also be validated and an appropriate "warning" displayed.

The warning would allow for instances where users validly needed to post to closed GL periods, by allowing users to save (but not post/day-end[more validation]) those transactions until an individual with the appropriate GL security re-opened the Fiscal Period.

While I'm sure that Jenni and I are not aware of all of the implications/complexity of our wishes; we can dream :-)