Topic Options
#57799 - 06/20/18 10:22 AM Invalid record type in batch file - APALBTCH.DAT
JChalmers Offline
Stranger

Loc: VICTORIA, CANADA
This occurs in AP version 9.3a when attempting to post batched transactions (I'm a tech, so if my wording is incorrect I apologise). I suspect this is a corrupted file, although no errors show up when running the data integrity check.

Our rep suggested restoration to a past backup. We take many backups of both AP and GL, and I was hoping to get a bit more information as to this error so that I can zero in on a more specific problem.

For instance, does APALBTCH.DAT use any other DAT files? Perhaps I can restore only those files, and not the entire directory? (AP and GL use the same directory.)

I am a DB guy, so am not averse to any good knowledge anyone can furnish regarding this error.

Thanks!

#57800 - 06/20/18 10:59 AM Re: Invalid record type in batch file - APALBTCH.DAT [Re: JChalmers]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
A couple of things...

Make sure you have the latest service of AP 9.3A, dated 4/22/18, installed.

The file APALBTCH.DAT contains the transactions that are waiting to be retrieved into Ledger. Once those transactions are successfully retrieved, the file gets deleted (and then starts building up again as more transactions are posted).

The file does not have a link to any other files in Payables, so if you were to restore it, you would not cause any data corruption. But you would likely end up with missing or duplicate transactions in Ledger unless you know exactly what you are doing.

However, before you do anything, print the Print/Consolidate GL Transactions report under Payables | Reports, even if just to screen, so you can see what transactrions are not being successfully retrieved. In my experience, even if the file is corrupted, the report still prints. Then rename the APALBTCH.DAT file so the problem doesn't compound.

If the report is short, you might want to enter the transactions directly in Ledger. If it is too long to enter, contact your Adagio consultant and they should be able to reconstruct the Ledger transactions. Or have your consultant contact me at steve@sschwartzcpa.com

Steve Schwartz

#57902 - 06/28/18 01:51 PM Re: Invalid record type in batch file - APALBTCH.DAT [Re: Steve Schwartz]
MER Offline
Adagio Scholar

Loc: Ontario
Hello, we are getting this message when trying to retrieve a BR batch in the GL. Only contains one entry and we know what it should be in the GL (if we could retrieve and post it).

We are fine with manually posting the JE, but would like to delete the batch at the GL level. We've done integrity checks in all modules so know all else is fine. Therefore, would like to delete the batch. It is not coming through in the retrieval process (as if it is caught between the module and the GL)

#57904 - 06/28/18 06:41 PM Re: Invalid record type in batch file - APALBTCH.DAT [Re: MER]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
The file you want to rename is called BRALBTCH.xxx (where xxx is your data extension). Don't delete it, rename it. You may want to restore it at some point.

You know it was the right file if there is nothing from BankRec to retrieve into Ledger.

Steve

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18