Topic Options
#44285 - 01/23/15 06:49 PM Printing Customer Statements
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
I can print a one-off statement for a customer from the customer master record - just click on the Statement button. It brings up a screen full of options, one of which is the Run Date.

The Run Date defaults to some date in the past.

What determines the default Run Date, and how can I make it default to today or the date of my choice?

Steve

#44286 - 01/24/15 07:14 AM Re: Printing Customer Statements [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Bob Wisener Offline
Adagio Conductor

Loc: Vancouver, BC
I believe the one-off statement is defaulting to the customer's last statement date. If not set, the period end date. Statements printed from the menu would default to the session date.

#44287 - 01/24/15 08:20 AM Re: Printing Customer Statements [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hi Steve,

Bob's right. When printing the statement from the customer inquiry, the default date is the last statement date, on the expectation that you would want to send the customer a statement that matches the last one sent. Also, if you want to send a statement as of "today", then changing the date is a simple down-arrow, home, enter sequence in the date field.

Changing a default of "today" to the last statement date would be much more difficult and require looking up the last statement date for the customer.

#44288 - 01/24/15 10:40 AM Re: Printing Customer Statements [Re: Retired_Guy]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
So the way to set the default Run Date to today is to fake print (to PDF) all statements using the menu option and say yes the Statements printed OK, and yes to Update the Customer Printed Dates.

That's a bit convoluted but I'll explain it to the client. Just so you know, I have never in all my years had someone need to reprint a statement as of the last run date, and I have had many many requests to print a one-off current statement, for those clients who don't regularly run statements.

I have also fielded numerous complaints about the default Run Date.

I think it might not be a bad idea to have an option or function to set the default Run Date to the session date.

Steve

#44289 - 01/24/15 11:59 AM Re: Printing Customer Statements [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hi Steve,

I think it would be easier to show your client that when they want to print a "one-off" statement to a client that they just press Down-arrow, Home, Enter and Enter after selecting the "Statement" button, since the cursor is in the "Statement date" field. Takes about 2 seconds.

But that's just my opinion.

It partially depends on your definition of "current". If you call Visa and ask for your "current statement balance", that is a different number than your "current balance". If a customer is used to a statement on the 15th of the month, and one goes "missing", they are likely to call for a replacement, especially if they are used to paying by statement.

I think that there are more than enough options in the company profile, and I'd rather be reducing them than adding another. Not a single person has sent in a Wish for a change in this field.

#46301 - 06/25/15 02:23 PM Re: Printing Customer Statements [Re: Retired_Guy]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Steve,

Receivables 92A has some changes in this area.

Customers who have a Last Statement date that is more than 31 days from the system date will use the session date instead of the Last statement date.

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18